ADVERTISEMENT

Cats vs Gators (Sec Tournament)

And this may be pure coincidence. But I find it a little telling on Kessler being on the graphic today.

This will be interesting. I heard at one point that the culprit of the B3N logo defacing was believed to be Tommy Mace. Now UK gets to face him again. I imagine they'll be looking to inflict some payback.

Predictions before first pitch??

I think Kentucky has to start fast. Maybe a run or two in the first inning. Get Florida on their heels a little bit.

We have seen that Florida isn't unbeatable. I kind of think UK might win this one. Just have a positive and good feeling. Let's go with UK winning 6-5... cause why not.

Schultz battles and fouls off numerous pitches before taking one in the back between the letters. Good start to a game against two teams that don't like each other. hahaha

I don't have that level of confidence. I haven't seen much fire lately.

Collett murders one and it goes for a ground rule double as it one hops at the wall and goes up it and then out.

Kessler also battling. Fouls off a bunch and runs the count full. Really like this. Already at 16 pitches for Mace and 0 outs runners on 2nd and 3rd. Kessler fans through a fastball for out 1, but that is a quality at bat.

Puke. Rhodes watches one paint the black for strike 3. That was a good looking pitch and Rhodes really needed to protect there. Just put the ball in play with 1 out.

Plastiak swings over a slider for three strikeouts in a row. 0-0 going to the bottom

Bad 3 at bats for UK. Get the first two on with a chance to do damage and can't scratch and strike out 3 in a row. My optimism is waning already. lol

Reactions: Big_Blue_1018
First two on. No outs. Mace strikes out the side. Good grief.

What’s up with Collett? He could barely run around 1st base.

Reactions: SeanCain
Plastiak swings over a slider for three strikeouts in a row. 0-0 going to the bottom

Bad 3 at bats for UK. Get the first two on with a chance to do damage and can't scratch and strike out 3 in a row. My optimism is waning already. lol
Interesting he is DH'ing today and batting 5th in the lineup.

Interesting he is DH'ing today and batting 5th in the lineup.

Outside of the top 2, you never know what is going on with our lineup or why.

Schultz commits an error in left as he overruns a foul ball that goes in his glove and he doesn't squeeze it. Yep... confidence gone as we go from an out to an HBP.

Pop out to second for the first out of the inning.

I typically enjoy the ESPN guys, but they are really hanging on Florida's nuts in this one.

Harney just doesn't have it right now. Not sure if the moment is too big for him or what, but he is just struggling here. Just gave up a 4 pitch walk.

Like the check swing call?

It is everything really. Talking up, "Sully," and just really talking up Florida the entire time as though they are already up big. They seem to mention us on passing and have spent the entire time talking about UF. Granted, they are the better team with an actual history an what not.

A pop up to first for the second out here in the B1.

Grounder to Schultz scores another run. Man... he has no business in left field. He fields and they run on him and he throws it no where near home plate. I mean, that was going to no one. Not the cut off, not home to make a play. Two plays to Schultz and both have been bad.

Like, here, for instance... Harney is starting because Hazelwood got hurt early in SEC play. They don't mention that. They give Harney credit for going from closer to starter, but don't talk about the way... then they go to talking about how great the UF hitter is.

It is everything really. Talking up, "Sully," and just really talking up Florida the entire time as though they are already up big. They seem to mention us on passing and have spent the entire time talking about UF. Granted, they are the better team with an actual history an what not.
Yes but you should be somewhat objective as announcers.

UK tries a double steal and it fails. Not sure if that was just Lewis trying something or if that was called. Just not a good idea there. Hill had second off a bad throw to second, but Lewis left kind of late on a break towards home

UK once again had 2 on but a running error and Estep strikes out and the top of the inning is over 2-0 UF.

I think that play was a microcosm of our team... Florida with a great heads up play to kill a run. That isn't a play that UK makes even with our 'gold glove,' short stop. They are just coached better and have a better feel for the game.

UK tries a double steal and it fails. Not sure if that was just Lewis trying something or if that was called. Just not a good idea there. Hill had second off a bad throw to second, but Lewis left kind of late on a break towards home

UK once again had 2 on but a running error and Estep strikes out and the top of the inning is over 2-0 UF.
Pathetic all around.

Harney makes quick work of UF in the B2 with a grounder to Estep, a liner to Ritter and a strikeout.

2-0 UF going to 3

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT