ADVERTISEMENT

CATS vs Cards SR game 2....

I'm bitter that we had to start every game at noon with friday, sat, sun

and here i am watching lsu/msu in first game on saturday night.

does not make sense.

i guess UL wanted to take adv of us on short rest.

does not make sense.

i guess UL wanted to take adv of us on short rest.
Louisville has no control over starting times, selection committee and television determines that. Although I agree noon start for all 3 is quite silly !

How can Louisville go to CWS after CWS? They own us in baseball. Outside of basketball, they have owned us. This has been a flickering disappointment, mainly because we had our chances and didn't capitalize. Luckily, NC-State committed four errors in the last game, or we might be watching NC-State right now. I expect big things next year. We need to host a Super. I think if this were in Lexington, it's 1-1 at worst.
Deserved to host a super this year!!! Unless we are good enough to host a super each year we will remain in this situation as long as they do also...honestly I think the coaches let the team down with several tactical decisions the last two days. Hope they do a lot of soul searching as well...I had ZERO doubts we could beat otis and still think we are as good or better on a neutral site.

Last edited:

does not make sense.

i guess UL wanted to take adv of uwould s on short rest.
Would you want to be over in that neighborhood after dark...hell even their fb players get shot and they can't find who did it...I will give them a little credit...taking their beer away makes them a little more bearable as a fan base

Either McKay has a wicked curve, which is likely, and or we need to work on hitting curve balls and recognizing them.

Either McKay has a wicked curve, which is likely, and or we need to work on hitting curve balls and recognizing them.

Two things 1) He has a really good curve. 2) He does an excellent job of disguising it. It comes out of the same arm angle on the same plain as his fastball so hitters are thinking and preparing for fastball then the bottom falls out of it.

Two things 1) He has a really good curve. 2) He does an excellent job of disguising it. It comes out of the same arm angle on the same plain as his fastball so hitters are thinking and preparing for fastball then the bottom falls out of it.

Even more deadly against us on Sunday was that he was able to throw his changeup for strikes. So, he used 3 great pitches to keep us off balance and by the time we started to time up to the fastball/curve he began to work in that changeup that thew us all off entirely. Simply put, the guy is an extremely talented player. Watching him swing at live pitching looks like he's swinging in batting practice. It is just effortless.

McKay added a cut fastball about a month and a half ago and it looks like many pitcher's sliders, breaking 12/5. The curve is what has him so high in the Draft because he has really good control of it and he throws it regardless of count.

Good season for UK; the Louisville fanbase has caught a craving for hosting Regionals and then Super Regionals, and you can see from the way the games were played this weekend why. One thing you cannot say about the games despite the incredible length (mostly due to how pitching changes are more abundant in elimination games) is that they are boring; mistakes are usually lethal and the tension level goes way up. I think a big difference this weekend was one part the experience of the last two Supers for Louisville, but the bigger was probably Louisville is truly constructed by McDonnell for Jim Patterson and by extension Omaha. Our outfield defense and our middle infield is tailor made for the surface and the dimensions, and our pitching staff pitches to it. There are a lot of hard hit balls in Jim Patterson that are outs; at Cliff Hagan a good number of them are doubles. It's not exactly the old Astrodome or Candlestick as far as difficulty to hit in, but you have to have a high quality centerfielder to cover that ground and Taylor is flanked by two with outstanding range in Lyman and Stowers.

Reactions: Mojocat
ADVERTISEMENT