ADVERTISEMENT

CATS vs Cards SR game 2....

I'm not going to take anything from UL. They've a good team, but we've been our own worst enemy so far.

Yeah it's kind of hard to at this point. They've been the better team, but the games have been relatively close, we just couldn't get anything going when we actually had guys on base. They've gotten all the breaks and literally everything has gone wrong for us.

Droll McDonald at home for the third SR in a row and after losing the last 2 SRs was tough task. His smugness was too hard to overcome. Has a better more experienced team. Good lessons to be learned from top to bottom. I would think the UL Lex pipeline will be stopped. UK has to learn from this experience . Just have to go through it. Hopefully we can get this at our place. Good future real good.

How can Louisville go to CWS after CWS? They own us in baseball. Outside of basketball, they have owned us. This has been a flickering disappointment, mainly because we had our chances and didn't capitalize. Luckily, NC-State committed four errors in the last game, or we might be watching NC-State right now. I expect big things next year. We need to host a Super. I think if this were in Lexington, it's 1-1 at worst.

Future is bright, even losing 4 solid seniors, and probably 3 other draft eligible players. Returning Hjelle, Thompson, Pompey, Cottam, Squires, Marshall, MacHammer, Becker, Collett, and others.

How can Louisville go to CWS after CWS? They own us in baseball. Outside of basketball, they have owned us. This has been a flickering disappointment, mainly because we had our chances and didn't capitalize. Luckily, NC-State committed four errors in the last game, or we might be watching NC-State right now. I expect big things next year. We need to host a Super. I think if this were in Lexington, it's 1-1 at worst.

Idk they didn't go the last two years.

Proud of the guys for what they did. History. A win or two more and we're playing that super at home. Didn't have the luck on our side this weekend, but that's ok.

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
Ump has been calling some crap this series, but we did it to ourselves this weekend.

I have come to really despise Louisville, even more than Tennessee. Which is unbelievable,
considering I live in Knoxville. The whole university is a corrupt piece of crap. I hope Lewis returns, but that obviously depends on how high in the draft he goes.

How bout' those softball uniforms the Cards wear. Great season though. Looking forward to next year. Go Big Blue!!

I have come to really despise Louisville, even more than Tennessee. Which is unbelievable,
considering I live in Knoxville. The whole university is a corrupt piece of crap. I hope Lewis returns, but that obviously depends on how high in the draft he goes.

How bout' those softball uniforms the Cards wear. Great season though. Looking forward to next year. Go Big Blue!!

Maybe the super regional exit will make Mahan/Lewis come back

One can only hope

This. Just a despicable trashy school. Mcdonnell is the best of the bunch (in terms of not being a horrible human being), but they have their share of punks on his team too (Hello, Drew Ellis). Just disappointed in the effort. UL is better than I thought they were, but we made them look better than they are. Still think the committee screwed us, should never have had to play these scumbags.

As someone who has been involved in youth baseball for a long time in Jefferson County I'm proud to see college ball reach this level in the State. Congrats on a great season guys.

Reactions: Black Diamond Cat
Nobody expected anything like what happen this year. Enjoy and embrace the success we earned, 2nd in SEC east, # 3 seed in SEC tourney, Regional host and champion, SEC Coach of the year, numerous all SEC and all-american honors !

Don't know much about college baseball, but if UL does win this, would they have a shot against Oregon State? I really don't the dirty birds to win a title.
Probably a great shot especially since the national ERA leader has withdrawn himself from competition for being a child molester at age 16..

So we lose Marcus Carson, Colton Cleary, Conner Heady, Gunnar McNeill, Zach Reks,Logan Salow, Storm Wilson because they are seniors.

Which underclassmen do we lose? Evan White, Sean Hjelle, Zach Logue, Riley Mahan?

I thought Salow was a Junior? Sean Hjelle is a true sophomore he will be back. White for sure gone projected first round pick. Mahan will probably be gone. Justin Lewis is one that I was curious about I believe he is a redshirt sophomore. Don't know where he is projected in the draft.

You can thank field turf for that triple. That's two hits for them thanks to stupid field turf
Going to be playin on it a majority of the time before long so might as well get use to it...that said , I hate the stuff and at the least I wish we were going to have dirt around HP, bases and pitchers mound...so after all, what the hell is baseball without dirty uniforms!!?

Last edited:
So we lose Marcus Carson, Colton Cleary, Conner Heady, Gunnar McNeill, Zach Reks,Logan Salow, Storm Wilson because they are seniors.

Which underclassmen do we lose? Evan White, Sean Hjelle, Zach Logue, Riley Mahan?
Evan White for sure, Riley Mahan probably, and very possible Justin Lewis, who is a RS Soph. Hjelle, Pompey, and Cottam are Sophs, they will be back.

Nobody expected anything like what happen this year. Enjoy and embrace the success we earned, 2nd in SEC east, # 3 seed in SEC tourney, Regional host and champion, SEC Coach of the year, numerous all SEC and all-american honors !

I am proud of this team; I'm just sick of Louisville winning BCS games, going to the CWS, having a heisman winner, etc. It sucks that we had to lose to Louisville.

Going to be playin on it a majority of the time before long so might as well get use to it...that said , I hate the stuff and at the least I wish we were going to have dirt around HP, bases and pitchers mound...softer all what the hell is baseball without dirty uniforms. And yes, I hate it, too.
I know, but I'm going to complain. Today Heady misplayed a ball up the middle. On grass he plays it perfectly, but in the turf the ball speeds up and gets past him into center for a hit. The triple was actually drove into the ground in the batters box. Still had enough bounce off the turf to get past 3rd and into the corner. On grass it's likely a ball third base plays easily for an out. I believe that was at least two runs because of turf. It's just not the same surface.

ADVERTISEMENT