ADVERTISEMENT

Car Issue with dealership

Dec 7, 2004
Never had this happen so asking for a little insight. Son is in college and had someone clip him and total his car. We bought a car (2010 Impala) and they said they needed to check the car over and make sure there were not any issues since it hadn't had it's inspection yet. The next day the mechanic wrecks the car (torn front end) and they say they need to send it to the body shop. Two weeks later they say that the car is totaled and it needs to be handled by the insurance. The insurance is quoting a number 1,000 dollars less than we paid. So I'm asking where do we go from here? The insurance says they will continue to try to get them to give in but do we take them to court? Do we just eat the loss? It's aggravating since he only had a test drive and now he is back on the hook for another car.

Never had this happen so asking for a little insight. Son is in college and had someone clip him and total his car. We bought a car (2010 Impala) and they said they needed to check the car over and make sure there were not any issues since it hadn't had it's inspection yet. The next day the mechanic wrecks the car (torn front end) and they say they need to send it to the body shop. Two weeks later they say that the car is totaled and it needs to be handled by the insurance. The insurance is quoting a number 1,000 dollars less than we paid. So I'm asking where do we go from here? The insurance says they will continue to try to get them to give in but do we take them to court? Do we just eat the loss? It's aggravating since he only had a test drive and now he is back on the hook for another car.
Try to escalate it yourself with the insurance company and if you get no where just eat it. Litigation over 1000$ isn’t worth it unless it’s personal. lol

Reactions: Keeping the faith
I took comparable vehicles and what dealerships were asking for them. My insurance amended to that amount.

Dealer insurance comp or yours?

If theirs, I would get an attorney.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT