ADVERTISEMENT

Cal's second legit shot at 40-0.

he was. but haarms is not conditioned enough to play 25 minutes a game which is nice to have. even with a slightly smaller foul rate haarms was playing 20 mpg last year. saar was playing almost 27 mpg. not as good a shot blocker but way more serviceable.

I know I was just making a point to the other post he’s not an elite shot blocker. He’s another level of player but shot blocking isn’t his strength.

Please just stop with this. Sarr had not even been cleared to play.

I honestly believe he won't be cleared to play this year. To many similiar situations have happened in the past and the player wasn't allowed to play without sitting out. Considering it's the NCAA ruling on a UK transfer player you can pretty much bet that he will not be eligible and will then decide to go overseas.

I know I was just making a point to the other post he’s not an elite shot blocker. He’s another level of player but shot blocking isn’t his strength.
i know i’m just saying it doesn’t mean he won’t be a better player for us. cal is the first to love rim protection. all things even though you take the guy that can stay in the game long enough to actually get 10 rebounds. if it’s a sure thing you take it.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
i wanted haarms just based on situational plays alone. being 7-3 and standing next to rim has its advantages. but if we get only one center, you want the guy that could play 30 minutes in a pinch. or at least be conditioned for such an occasion. haarms ability to run was an issue from the moment that got started. but saar is the better player clearly.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
History awaits.
Hilarious how many people still have PTSD about the words forty and O after 2015.

It might not happen, but this is absolutely his only legit shot since 2015 and not an unreasonable possibility. Only one five star PG, with good size and known for both his distribution and his outside shooting, is not nearly the same problem as the big hole in the middle we had before today. If you were trying to guarantee it I'd be singing a different tune.

But for only mentioning it? Kudos to you and to no one else for having the stones to be the first to mention it. Buncho wusses I see around me. Defeatists. No one's guaranteeing spit.

[roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll]

Please tell me this is a joke . I mean we are going to add Frank Anselem who is 6;'10 but he wont play much . You play 2 PF and 2 Centers in cbb .

We have Brooks Ware and Fletcher at the 4 ( though Fletcher will play some 3 too) Hell we have Toppin though he might have to sit out

At the 5 we have Sarr and Jackson and will add Frank A.

We need nothing . Most talented roster since 2012 and deepest ever .Even more deep then 2015.

Just look at our height - 6'3 6'4 6'6 6'7 6'7 6'7 6'7 6'8 6'9 6'9 6'10 7'0

We ain't going 40-0 but we might go 38-2 .
Calling this the most talented roster since 2012 moves you into “blind idiot homer” category. Not the one you were already in, but the top level. Congratulations.

2015 would blow this team out. 2017 is just as talented as this team as well.

I’m as optimistic as most but don’t see 40-0 with a team of nearly all new players in what could be a shortened offseason. And as talented as this group is I don’t think it’s near the talent the 14-15 team had. Don’t forget we also had a lot of very close calls that year. 40-0 would be awesome but o just want another banner.

Reactions: Dncmaxwell
just saw on twitter from a guy who supposedly knows someone,that UK is in for a BIG commit this friday...lol

40 & 0 hahaha. Relying on 3 freshman to score. Some people haven't learned yet after all these years.

Reactions: westerncat
I think Rob was being sarcastic; if not, it's cool to dream big where you're a UK fan.

For the sake of argument let's assume we add Williams. That is one hellava talented team, no question. 2012 or 2015 good, or as deep? No way in hell, but that's OK too, they won't have to be; they won't be playing the 2012 or 2015 Cats. They just need to come together as a team and they can easily be considered a FF team. Hell even sans Williams I love this team.

The only problem I see will be if they won't be able to practice as a team, under the staff, until the term begins, but that will be the bane of every other team as well. The only teams that it will minimally effect will be teams returning a lot of veterans.

We'll take some lumps early on, but Cal will have a lot of excellent pieces to work with. 40-0? Nah, but neither will anyone else.

# 9? I think this team has a great shot at the title.

Reactions: Robcatt24
I really dislike this kind of stuff. Why can't our fanbase just not be over the top on some things.

I would love nothing better than to go 40-0 but not with young teams besides there are to many teams today that can have a good game and knock anyone off that is ranked better than they are. I have been around for many years and i just don't see it happen again.

Rupp had had teams that went undefeated but there was not that many good teams like it is today. Players are better trained today and they all don't play at UK.

I can’t tell if some of you guys are serious or not. Get expectations under control. Good grief. You create a painful experience for Yourselves before it ever begins.

I see this team as being better than the 2020, 2018, and 2016 teams. I wouldn't rate this team as being better than 2017 or 2019 yet (could possibly be better, but I don't think you can say that yet).

I think we're one elite player away from this being our best team since 2015 (Cunningham, Quickley, or Kuminga), and from being able to say that this team is definitely better than 2017 and 2019 on paper.

We aren’t even a top 5 team yet. Sarr helps move us in the top ten but we have 1 returning player. Villanova Gonzaga Kansas and many other teams who have talented players who have been together for a while now. We still need another frontcourt player and who knows on the pg situation. Teams don’t go far in March wo a legit pg.

We aren’t even a top 5 team yet. Sarr helps move us in the top ten but we have 1 returning player. Villanova Gonzaga Kansas and many other teams who have talented players who have been together for a while now. We still need another frontcourt player and who knows on the pg situation. Teams don’t go far in March wo a legit pg.
Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Reactions: Mr_GG
I can’t tell if some of you guys are serious or not. Get expectations under control. Good grief. You create a painful experience for Yourselves before it ever begins.

It's only sports, man. Who cares? Go nuts.

Cane, we love you buddy, but slow down.

This team is not deeper or more talented than 2015. Start listing names and it's not close.

But it doesn't have to be to be a very good team in 2020.

Not to mention 2015 returned like 70% of their production from the previous season and 2020 returns less than 10%. The current team has 1 played that’s play minutes and zero guys that have played together.

Not to mention 2015 returned like 70% of their production from the previous season and 2020 returns less than 10%. The current team has 1 played that’s play minutes and zero guys that have played together.

From a team that played for a title, no less. The twins had been through wars and performed in clutch moments. Willie, Poythress, Dakari, even Marcus Lee had the big game against Michigan. Honorable mention to Hawkins and Willis.

That team *added* the number one pick in the draft, two more lottery picks, and Tyler freakin Ulis.

This squad has two guys who would crack the rotation. And it's still good enough to win a title.

Sarr is a wonderful addition, but there is still too much uncertainty.

We had a legit chance to go 40-0 in 2015, but keep in mind the difference of the roster makeup.

-WCS and Poythress return, proven contributors for two years already.

-We had 3 players from the top ten of the 2013 class return for their sophomore seasons. Lee was also a top 20 player returning.

-From the 2014 class, we added a bonafide star in Karl Towns and another future pro in Lyles.

-Ulis and Booker both outperformed expectations given their recruiting ranking.

We had a large amount of talent returning from a Final Four team. That's a collection of surefire quality. We could have had a strong team with just that collection of players. To that mix we added a player with NBA star ability in Towns and 3 more recruits who weren't highly ranked but played like top 10 guys. Not only did we have a strong returning core, every incoming player turned out to be outstanding. So much went right for us to even sniff the 40-0 record.

Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT