ADVERTISEMENT

Cal's offense

The only people that complain about Cal's record are the "title or bust" group of fans.

I can only imagine what they were like in the Tubby/Billy G years lol

Reactions: CatfanMike47
It's all about what each individual players are capable of doing.

He'll adjust to that. If he needs to simplify he will. If he can add more offensive sets, he will do that too.

We have a lot of returner so hope they all add different skill sets so we can run more motion offense.

I think it is called the dribble drive.

I see a lot of dribble but not much drive.

Dribble Drive is a myth.

AMEN !! Thank you! It is nothing but a motion weave (or remember Joe B`s shuffle cut?). You can run hand offs out of it, or you can make passes and pick and pops, but its just a motion basically. It really is just getting in position to try and exploit a defender that gets out of position or there is a miss match.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
I’m hearing a lot of excuses for Cal. A lot. A lot of excuses for what he hasn’t accomplished rather than what he has. Let’s see if it continues.

What we know will continue is your sense of entitlement, and your inability to enjoy anything but TITLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Good Lawd......there is a bunch of friggin' basketball minds that knows so much more on here than the guy inducted into College Basketball's HOF....the gyu who has made KY basketball a juggernaut again....the man who takes a bunch of talent and makes them teammates....and then you got this guy coaching that has this consistency that is documented as the best since he has been here in all of College Basketball.....and the guy who has brought in all these kids who (for the largest part) became great citizens.

SH%T!!! just sit back and enjoy instead of whining like little bit$he$
That's the way to set them straight. The biggest majority on here wouldn't know the dribble drive from the Auburn shuffle, if they even know what the shuffle is.

Let Cal utilize his talent and enjoy.

You adjust your offense to your personnel on your team, unless you recruit players to fit your particular offense. In Cal’s case, because of large numbers leaving yearly and relying on freshmen, he has to teach offense every year. The 1978 team was so special because Hall could run any type of offense with that team and they were great at all of them.
Spot on. Great team that doesn't get enough credit imho.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT