ADVERTISEMENT

Calling legal beagle and deplion

Lmao. I shouldn’t even respond to this, but I was 100% joking. I’d bet the farm that @oldsports_ knew that as well. I could say that’s a typical liberal to find offense to such a clear joke, but I won’t make this political.

Holy shit it just dawned on me that you must really think that is his face[roll] I’m dead.

MY apologies good sir.

Well time will tell. I’m just not going to come unglued like some are on here after three games. Let the season play out. Obviously, this place is here to voice frustrations so let them rip.

Irish.

Cal has created a farm system for the NBA at UK. These players don't give a damn about UK, and Cal is more interested in getting them to the NBA. We have lost 4 of 5 to Kansas, our head to heads are shrinking, and he doesn't even win that big in march anyway. You really cool with just losing all the time as long as there's some outside shot at an elite 8?

I'm a bit shocked you're OK, as an alumni, with the condition Cal is creating with this program. I think he's approaching being a disgrace to UK.

Not that the hire wasn't right at the time, but at this point, he's really turning me off to UK basketball big time.

My Grandmother could tie hands that looked like a machine did them . Every one of them looked exactly the same . I didn’t have that skill .I carried in tobacco , carried out stalks , and pressed it with the old style press . Sometimes I pulled the tips ,lol.Never the lugs or reds . Thanks to you guys for bringing back some special memories.
There is a knack to tying stripped tobacco hands. They dont even do that anymore. Dont they press it now?

Irish.

Cal has created a farm system for the NBA at UK. These players don't give a damn about UK, and Cal is more interested in getting them to the NBA. We have lost 4 of 5 to Kansas, our head to heads are shrinking, and he doesn't even win that big in march anyway. You really cool with just losing all the time as long as there's some outside shot at an elite 8?

I'm a bit shocked you're OK, as an alumni, with the condition Cal is creating with this program. I think he's approaching being a disgrace to UK.

Not that the hire wasn't right at the time, but at this point, he's really turning me off to UK basketball big time.

I think we all are disappointed with the way things are going, but your posts are just so incredibly dramatic that I can’t help but find them amusing. Like am they were written by an onion writer or something. I envy your carefree life that you can derive such deep meaning and emotions over this, and I really do mean that.

Reactions: morgousky
I think we all are disappointed with the way things are going, but your posts are just so incredibly dramatic that I can’t help but find them amusing. Like am they were written by an onion writer or something. I envy your carefree life that you can derive such deep meaning and emotions over this, and I really do mean that.

I appreciate that.

Yea, I've been lucky to a large extent but I did work for this. I started at a fairly rough place. Wanted to get to a point in my life where I had time for people around me, and you're benefitting from that.

I'm always early. Everyone will think this way within 24 months.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
I appreciate that.

Yea, I've been lucky to a large extent but I did work for this. I started at a fairly rough place. Wanted to get to a point in my life where I had time for people around me, and you're benefitting from that.

I'm always early. Everyone will think this way within 24 months.

We very well may. I, for one, think Calipari needs to fix his shitty offense. Will I also look into his soul and define his personality and character, judging his most deep desires, wants, and needs? Will I question the competitiveness and drive of people that are watching the basketball games, deriving deep seated emotions and personality traits of people with regards to their enjoyment watching said games? Probably not, but in 24 months we will find out.

Reactions: morgousky
We very well may. I, for one, think Calipari needs to fix his shitty offense. Will I also look into his soul and define his personality and character, judging his most deep desires, wants, and needs? Will I question the competitiveness and drive of people that are watching the basketball games, deriving deep seated emotions and personality traits of people with regards to their enjoyment watching said games? Probably not, but in 24 months we will find out.

I don't believe I ever said anything about his needs.

But what I think is Cal "needs" to get his head out of his ass and coach a college team. Stop with the morality arguments, you aren't a priest. Stop making excuses, you said this is a no excuse program. Stop going off on fans that allowed you to do whatever you wanted with their program and allowed you to have your way at all times, even when it didn't benefit them at all.

So, yep, we'll see.

I don't believe I ever said anything about his needs.

But what I think is Cal "needs" to get his head out of his ass and coach a college team. Stop with the morality arguments, you aren't a priest. Stop making excuses, you said this is a no excuse program. Stop going off on fans that allowed you to do whatever you wanted with their program and allowed you to have your way at all times, even when it didn't benefit them at all.

So, yep, we'll see.

I just think he needs to fix his shitty offense. He seems like a nice guy who has a loving family that has done a great job promoting the university and brought in good kids. I’m happy with him representing my alma mater. Don’t think I’ll ever try and decipher (or have time to frankly) his personality traits or his deep internal thoughts and desires like a melodramatic message board poster might, but I’ve certainly been wrong before! I also would like him to try and talk 2nd rounders to come back.

I just think he needs to fix his shitty offense. He seems like a nice guy who has a loving family

Yea I'm not interested in debating this kind of stuff when talking about a guy getting paid hundreds of millions of dollars to produce results. I get it, you're fine. I just didn't read the ret of it because I'm not debating his family structure, morality, or anything else away from his job description. But he does want that sure.

Tobacco war has broke out. [laughing] [laughing]
Stuff like this is funny. Thank you two for this, I have stress over some family health, but really made me laugh. Just funny. [roll][roll][roll]👍👍👍

I tried to quote both of you and I failed, but thank you both for a good laugh.
@Backer cutter I was trying to quote you also. 👍
I can't decide which one knows less about working tobacco. Baller doesn't know that a good cutter is the most scarce of commodities in the tobacco patch, and that top rail always goes to the kids/lesser men because it's the easiest spot. My brothers and I would race to the top so that we'd have the "gravy" spot. On the other hand, Backer doesn't know what a rail is?

I'm not sure I'd hire either to help me get my tobacco into the barn...

Reactions: cdbearde
I don’t think Pitino would do very well at all with the talent Cal has had. Pitino sucks at coaching young guys and he would not relate to these kids that just want to come through UK for 1 season then bolt.

The difference is, Pitno would not have sent a player to the NBA that wasn't ready. I don't think that is true with Cal. Pitno would have more experienced players on his team, not all Freshmen. The other thing, Pitno can coach college players. Like him or not, the man was a good coach.
He was the innovator of the three point shot.
OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Reactions: kyjeff1
I can't decide which one knows less about working tobacco. Baller doesn't know that a good cutter is the most scarce of commodities in the tobacco patch, and that top rail always goes to the kids/lesser men because it's the easiest spot. My brothers and I would race to the top so that we'd have the "gravy" spot. On the other hand, Backer doesn't know what a rail is?

👍 I was not around tobacco much when I was young, helped out a couple of times for free, did some spiking and loading, then putting it in the barn, and the juice burns like crap if you get it in your eye. But if the top rail is referring to the top of the barn, that's one hot place and a wasp fight. but I bet it's not so please tell me what a top rail is.

Don’t think you recognize sarcasm when you see it. It’s tier poles, not rails, for anyone who has ever been in a tobacco barn in my part of the country. And no, you wouldn’t want to hire me back in the day, I was busy.

Irish.

I’m not cool with losing at all. Never have been. I can assure you I am as frustrated by the last two losses as you and others are. There is plenty to criticize Cal about. But I also know he isn’t going to be fired. The president of UK loves him and he is still winning 25-30 games a year. So I can either pull for the team to do well or hope they lose a ton of games. The reality is Cal will never go like 17-13. Ever.

👍 I was not around tobacco much when I was young, helped out a couple of times for free, did some spiking and loading, then putting it in the barn, and the juice burns like crap if you get it in your eye. But if the top rail is referring to the top of the barn, that's one hot place and a wasp fight. but I bet it's not so please tell me what a top rail is.
Top rail is the top of the barn. It is hotter, but you do a lot less work; bottom tier guy handles every stick that goes into the barn

Top rail is the top of the barn. It is hotter, but you do a lot less work; bottom tier guy handles every stick that goes into the barn

Me saying I would be looking down at him from the top rail was a figure of speech. Sorry it flew over your head. And cutters can be hard to find because it’s a sh*t job in the heat and nobody wants to do it.
Guys needing work were easy to find. But by all means, keep elaborating, your heiness.

Me saying I would be looking down at him from the top rail was a figure of speech. Sorry it flew over your head. And cutters can be hard to find because it’s a sh*t job in the heat and nobody wants to do it.
Guys needing work were easy to find. But by all means, keep elaborating, your heiness.
You are so full of shit even you can’t recognize it. You wouldn’t last one hour in a tobacco field or barn. You’re a piece of trash. But hey, trash adds up too. Of course, you know that, being all farm knowledgeable and all.

You are so full of shit even you can’t recognize it. You wouldn’t last one hour in a tobacco field or barn. You’re a piece of trash. But hey, trash adds up too. Of course, you know that, being all farm knowledgeable and all.

You didnt even know what a rail was, lmao. Call me all the names you want.

It's all hard, hot work; barn or field. Cutters are hard to find because it's a skill position that requires great eye/hand coordination and rock steady stamina. Cutters are hard to find because cutting is hard to do, and you'd know this if you'd spent any time at all in a tobacco patch.

Reactions: KyFaninNC

Well I will enlighten you. In South Central Kentucky, what you call a rail, we called them tier poles.

“Frog, when you tell somebody something, it depends on what part of the country you are standing in as to how dumb you are”
Bert Reynolds
Smokey and the bandit.

Reactions: Backer cutter
It's all hard, hot work; barn or field. Cutters are hard to find because it's a skill position that requires great eye/hand coordination and rock steady stamina. Cutters are hard to find because cutting is hard to do, and you'd know this if you'd spent any time at all in a tobacco patch.
Exactly. And he hasn’t. Somebody would have knocked that smirk off his face with a backer knife if he had. End of story.

Exactly. And he hasn’t. Somebody would have knocked that smirk off his face with a backer knife if he had. End of story.

Keep telling yourself that. Telling yourself lies about me is like your little security blanket. I may start calling you Linus. [laughing]
giphy-downsized-large.gif

In my younger days, we would have taken him snipe hunting.
Seriously, how long do you think he would have made it back in our days in Marrowbone? I know you are a few years older than me, but shit is still shit where we come from. Would have been a sight to behold lol. Oh man.

Seriously, how long do you think he would have made it back in our days in Marrowbone? I know you are a few years older than me, but shit is still shit where we come from. Would have been a sight to behold lol. Oh man.

I found an old giph of you too. I would have been shaking in my boots. [roll]
giphy.gif

The difference is, Pitno would not have sent a player to the NBA that wasn't ready. I don't think that is true with Cal. Pitno would have more experienced players on his team, not all Freshmen. The other thing, Pitno can coach college players. Like him or not, the man was a good coach.
He was the innovator of the three point shot.
OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!
Agree on all points

You’re right no doubt about it. Hell, look how often that people can point out coaching mistakes on here during a game and then those people get destroyed by some of these crazy posters..... and then after the game Cal admits he made mistakes that was mentioned in those posts. We all make mistakes, and it’s weird as hell how some people can’t acknowledge when Cal makes them.
You know, these pumpers don't get it. They think we want Cal gone. No, that's not true… .well, I guess there are some that want him gone, but that's a short list.

We just want Cal to move on from the NBA feeder program stuff and go with a traditional type of program. I, as well as many, many others, think that UK + Cal + juniors and seniors = pure dominance. I happen to think Cal is a hell of a coach and motivator, but he's putting himself at a disadvantage every year.

But hey, what do I know?

You know, these pumpers don't get it. They think we want Cal gone. No, that's not true… .well, I guess there are some that want him gone, but that's a short list.

We just want Cal to move on from the NBA feeder program stuff and go with a traditional type of program. I, as well as many, many others, think that UK + Cal + juniors and seniors = pure dominance. I happen to think Cal is a hell of a coach and motivator, but he's putting himself at a disadvantage every year.

But hey, what do I know?
Just imagine for a minute a Kat and Bam front court in 2017

Just imagine for a minute a Kat and Bam front court in 2017
You know, I'm fine with those guys being one and done. They should go, they're lottery picks. It's all the 2nd rounders, G-leaguers and transfers that left us high and dry for nothing.

I understand why there have been so many transfers though, I don't blame them. Cal treats non draft picks like shit and recruits over them, which is part of the problem.

Last edited:
You know, I'm fine with those guys being one and done. They should go, they're lottery picks. It's all the 2bd rounders, G-leaguers and transfers that keft us high and dry for nothing.

I understand why there have been so many transfers th0ugh, I don't blame them. Cal treats non draft picks like shit and recruits over them, which is part of the problem.
agree on everything. i was just fantasizing.

You know, I'm fine with those guys being one and done. They should go, they're lottery picks. It's all the 2bd rounders, G-leaguers and transfers that keft us high and dry for nothing.

I understand why there have been so many transfers th0ugh, I don't blame them. Cal treats non draft picks like shit and recruits over them, which is part of the problem.
Good points in here. The one thing I see is Cal loves uber athletes who may not necessarily be great basketball players. At least the past few years. You can’t have five starters like that. It will eventually catch up with you.

Well I will enlighten you. In South Central Kentucky, what you call a rail, we called them tier poles.

“Frog, when you tell somebody something, it depends on what part of the country you are standing in as to how dumb you are”
Bert Reynolds
Smokey and the bandit.
It’s funny, we always called them tier rails . Must just be a terminology thing . I was a barn man , sucked at cutting, when I missed a spear I’d miss the next 3 or 4 , lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT