ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari's next recruiting class will tell the tale

Apr 1, 2013
Of Cal's remaining time at Kentucky. I love Calipari but realize that he is facing an uphill battle in recruiting due to Nike and other reasons.
If Cal whiffs on his targets in our next class, his recruiting prowess will be officially over. I don't want this to happen but we are hair away from only having Richard's and Sestina down low next season.

Reactions: jrollins24
Of Cal's remaining time at Kentucky. I love Calipari but realize that he is facing an uphill battle in recruiting due to Nike and other reasons.
If Cal whiffs on his targets in our next class, his recruiting prowess will be officially over. I don't want this to happen but we are hair away from only having Richard's and Sestina down low next season.

Whitney - #7
Maxey - #9
Brooks - #23
and a top grad transfer in Sestina (sp?)

What a terrible recruiter. (Insert sarcasm here)

Dramatic much? Lionel would be proud...

Get a grip man!

Have I told you lately that you're my favoite KU fan.

I have no beef with the baby but I have to go with that kuball something or other ku fan. (I do not remember his username but he has been good since he was correct in predicting a UK commitment right up to the announcement. He hasn't shown any disrespect I have seen to UK either...

Reactions: Kcats88
like I said...Cal haters/bashers/detractors/etc.; many times they have Cal in their name,,,
it is so odd; its like putting you ex's name on your business logo

HA HA, OR....getting a Lewisville tattoo as their coach![roll]

Reactions: Blueaz

Let me get this straight: Cal has ranked 1st, or 2nd, in recruiting classes in each of the 10 years he’s been here. So, that’s washed up? Are you friggin nuts? No one in the history of Kentucky basketball has come close to that. You are an idiot, and have no idea how good we have it having Cal as our coach. Fans like you make me sick, and I’m embarrassed that you call yourself a UK fan.

If he has no chance because of Nike, then he can't whiff on players designated for assignment to other schools.

How about another take,Cal is a victim of his own success.Top 5 to 10 or so players have found out they will be lottery picks no matter where they go,but kids that think they have a chance to get there but know they need help opt for Cal because of his track record.

Cal is like the old prosecutor joke in Kentucky ,which says a decent prosecutor could get a ham sandwich indicted in Kentucky.Cal could probably get a ham sandwich drafted somewhere in the second round.

[sick]. Literally every single class Cal has brought in has been loaded. Some classes overall have more talent then others for example the 2013 class ( I am talking overall not just at UK ) just didn't have much talent. You don't see many guys from that guys class tearing up the NBA these days but that is life. Other classes are loaded like last years with studs like Zion ,Barett , Reid , Bol , Herro , KJ and so on. The point is Cal always adds big time guys. Nothing needs to change . Bring in 3-4 elite HS players 1-2 2-3 year players ( like Allen) and use grad transfers to fill in need and provide experience.

Our class this year will be a top 5ish player in Maxey , A future top 10 pick in Whitney , An underrated stud in Brooks , a 2-3 year player in Allen , one of the 4 best grad transfers in Sestina , another big ( mcdaniels , Blackshear , ect ) and another guard ( Juzang ) . That will be best class in the country whether it ends up being ranked that or not .

You are high. This make no sense what so ever.

Whitney - #7
Maxey - #9
Brooks - #23

I’ll admit it, I like you. You take a lot of shit here for being a Kansas fan, but you keep coming back. You don’t start fights and are respectful when you’re here. You are better than some of our regulars around here

Whitney - #7
Maxey - #9
Brooks - #23

Great post, I will tell you that I took my granddaughter to NOLA 2012 when UK defeated KU for NC. We left and drove 40-50 miles up the road and stopped to get a hotel room away from the hoopla, when we went in the lobby there was a large group of Kansas fans at table drinking coffee, as we walked by they all congratulated us on UKs victory, since that day I have never said anything negative about Kansas basketball and enjoy the people of Kansas a great deal on my fall hunting forays to the state.

has nothing to do with Nike. We're a Nike Elite school they just want the kids at Duke, UK, UNC, etc.... Cal is struggling because he's on the wrong side of a blood feud between William Wesley, Leon Rose, CAA and Lebron James, Rich Paul, and Klutch.

Go away you fake ass fan.

Whitney - #7
Maxey - #9
Brooks - #23

Cal is a great recruiter
[sick]. Literally every single class Cal has brought in has been loaded. Some classes overall have more talent then others for example the 2013 class ( I am talking overall not just at UK ) just didn't have much talent. You don't see many guys from that guys class tearing up the NBA these days but that is life. Other classes are loaded like last years with studs like Zion ,Barett , Reid , Bol , Herro , KJ and so on. The point is Cal always adds big time guys. Nothing needs to change . Bring in 3-4 elite HS players 1-2 2-3 year players ( like Allen) and use grad transfers to fill in need and provide experience.

Our class this year will be a top 5ish player in Maxey , A future top 10 pick in Whitney , An underrated stud in Brooks , a 2-3 year player in Allen , one of the 4 best grad transfers in Sestina , another big ( mcdaniels , Blackshear , ect ) and another guard ( Juzang ) . That will be best class in the country whether it ends up being ranked that or not .
I sure hope you're right! The current trajectory in recruiting seems to be going the opposite direction.

has nothing to do with Nike. We're a Nike Elite school they just want the kids at Duke, UK, UNC, etc.... Cal is struggling because he's on the wrong side of a blood feud between William Wesley, Leon Rose, CAA and Lebron James, Rich Paul, and Klutch.
I've never heard anything about this feud. Could you explain it a little (e.g., what it's about and who is on what side, etc.) or maybe share a link to a story (if there is one)?

Reactions: KyFaninNC
More like fans are a victim of Cals success. If he doesn’t finish first or second a select few dummies think the world is ending and Cal has lost his touch. It’s equivalent to UConn fans thinking the UConn coach lost his touch for not going undefeated or winning a title in two years

How about another take,Cal is a victim of his own success.Top 5 to 10 or so players have found out they will be lottery picks no matter where they go,but kids that think they have a chance to get there but know they need help opt for Cal because of his track record.

Cal is like the old prosecutor joke in Kentucky ,which says a decent prosecutor could get a ham sandwich indicted in Kentucky.Cal could probably get a ham sandwich drafted somewhere in the second round.

Good thing you only post 20 times a year.

Grad transfers are the next level of his genius. I know it is hard for people to see but, they said he could not win with mostly freshman. Well....How did that work out?

Don't get it. If you are going to say he is whiffing please be specific as to what he is whiffing on and then share what Top 5 player in the past 5 recruiting classes has led their team to a title.

Cal has missed on Top 5, other than that it has been business as usual.

Wiseman is at UK if Penny doesn't go to Memphis. What is he supposed to so about that? All the other stuff has been Nike, not Cal forgetting how to recruit.

Last edited:
Cal is a great recruiter

I sure hope you're right! The current trajectory in recruiting seems to be going the opposite direction.

Yeah, we’ll probably end up with the 2nd ranked class. Boy, that really sucks. How do you think the other 300 D-1 teams feel that are ranked behind us. You’re a total idiot, just like the other idiot that started this post.

Couple made free throws in 2 elite 8 games. And we be alot happier around here lol. Recruiting helps make few of those free throws. Yes. But we be just fine imo. Cause #1 player can miss a free throw in key moments too lol

Reactions: TFCats11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT