ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari on SportsCenter

Didn't hurt himself there imo. Was a little harsh saying we are a poor state but we are!!!! I would have tried to say that a little differently....
All in all a good interview. Now, win baby!!!

Reactions: downthehatch
I watched part of it. Just go win cal. Idk who your 2 7’ guys are seems like the euro was just hype to get bbn off the back. It doesn’t matter. Just win. Win another title. 2020-21 had your mix of studs and vets and we sucked. Stop with the nostalgia and just win.

Watched it tonight at 6p . The repulsive bald woman interviewed him. After hearing her totally mispronouncing Dan Issel's name , I suffered through her interview . I normally turn the channel whenever she is on ( weak stomach )

Talks about the Canada trip and the team. About a 10 minute watch if you're up for it.
For some reason this makes me feel better about this team. It’s been awhile since Cal was on Sportscenter this early. He seems like he kinda believes this team is more capable to make a final 4 than the previous years to me.

For some reason this makes me feel better about this team. It’s been awhile since Cal was on Sportscenter this early. He seems like he kinda believes this team is more capable to make a final 4 than the previous years to me.
It's politicking. It's to instill a bunch of hope, overall, about this squad so BBN doesn't go into a complete and total witch hunt meltdown if the Cats look bad and take some bad Ls. I'm still riding with Cal. Barely. By the a nano thread. But, I don't trust a single word the man says or implies. He's calculated and knows how to talk when he wants to.

I hope you’re right. I’m betting he will find a way to screw it up and tell us we are “crazy “. I care less about what Cal says now, just want to some results. The past several years has taught me more about him than I care to know.

It's politicking. It's to instill a bunch of hope, overall, about this squad so BBN doesn't go into a complete and total witch hunt meltdown if the Cats look bad and take some bad Ls. I'm still riding with Cal. Barely. By the a nano thread. But, I don't trust a single word the man says or implies. He's calculated and knows how to talk when he wants to.
I also believe that usually, this just felt a bit different than his usual BS. Maybe it just sounds good to me.

Cal sounded pretty confident that he's got a team. I would be confident too. His 19 year old point guard played like a man against 23 year olds. His returning sharp shooter shot sharp. His transfer big from WV seemed like a glue-guy who can hit a three. He's got a 6'7" wing player superstar who doesn't even have to meet expectations and we can still win. . Toss in the court smarts of Shepard And three other talented guys on the bench all hungry for minutes. .And I haven't even mentioned Brandshaw and Ivisc and Ugo yet. I'm going out on a limb and say I like my team.

Didn't hurt himself there imo. Was a little harsh saying we are a poor state but we are!!!! I would have tried to say that a little differently....
All in all a good interview. Now, win baby!!!
But, that might be the case, but Cal’s making 9 mill a year. Thanks again, Mitch. With that said I will not make anymore comments about our beloved Athletic Director or our Head basketball coach because Both are laughing all the way to the bank.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Cal sounded pretty confident that he's got a team. I would be confident too. His 19 year old point guard played like a man against 23 year olds. His returning sharp shooter shot sharp. His transfer big from WV seemed like a glue-guy who can hit a three. He's got a 6'7" wing player superstar who doesn't even have to meet expectations and we can still win. . Toss in the court smarts of Shepard And three other talented guys on the bench all hungry for minutes. .And I haven't even mentioned Brandshaw and Ivisc and Ugo yet. I'm going out on a limb and say I like my team.
Pretty amazing roster considering where it was midway into the summer.

I enjoyed it and it seems like Stoops should be the one on sportscenter considering we are days away from kickoff. Cal can have his in a month or so.
Why would sportscenter have on a coach of a middle of the road football team that literally nobody cares about except ky fans? What exactly has Stoops won that would garner him a 10 minute interview on Sportscenter? I mean don't get me wrong, I love what he's done here and am fired up for Saturday but let's be real here.

• Angry
Reactions: STL_Cat

It's all gonna come down to the front court. I suspect that will be what does us in eventually.. Getting paired up with someone like Purdue and Edey just feasts on us, while Ivisic is ineligible and Bradshaw is injured again.

If we can get the 5 spot straightened out, we should be fine. And we dont even need a 16pt 8r guy.. just someone who wont let other bigs totally abuse us in the paint.

Reactions: Fox2monk and chroix
Why would sportscenter have on a coach of a middle of the road football team that literally nobody cares about except ky fans? What exactly has Stoops won that would garner him a 10 minute interview on Sportscenter? I mean don't get me wrong, I love what he's done here and am fired up for Saturday but let's be real here.

This. Sure Stoops will be on plenty on SEC Network.

Sportscenter usually only has national brand name programs, coaches and players on. Now idk why ESPN is wasting time talking college basketball in August but speaks to the UK brand that they did take 10 mins to do so.

If they are gonna have college afootball guys on it will be Kirby or Saban types.

That’s the calmest, most coherent interview I’ve seen from Cal in years it seems. He completed most of his sentences and didn’t interrupt himself every 5 seconds. Hopefully this means he’s getting back on track to his winning ways!
Mitch was off from the camera, with a puppet stick up Cal, reading off a script.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT