ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari on SportsCenter

So far he's told us the following:

-he has season tickets

-is a donor

-went to the team Canada trip and hung out at Drakes. Lol

What else?

Mods?
I didn’t see hung out at Drakes. Is that for real? That’s hilarious if so. I just got back from hanging with Lil Wayne. He and his crew hit me up after leaving Lex-Vegas and we smoked some blunts.

I didn’t see hung out at Drakes. Is that for real? That’s hilarious if so. I just got back from hanging with Lil Wayne. He and his crew hit me up after leaving Lex-Vegas and we smoked some blunts.

Yeah, he hung out at Drakes with the team when they were in Canada. He must be a big booster or has a kid on the team. 🤡

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
Don't you guys ever get tired of politics? It's almost football/basketball season.
Sure do.

That's why I absolutely love Stoops and UK football. Stoops is 100% winning for UK football. That is the way it, for basketball was under Rupp, Hall, Sutton, Pitino, and Smith...one goal winning championships for UK basketball. Like Stoops in football, all of the above were like that for basketball. Winning for UK was the first and last priority. I look forward to the day where that is the UK basketball program's #1 priority again.

Sure do.

That's why I absolutely love Stoops and UK football. Stoops is 100% winning for UK football. That is the way it, for basketball was under Rupp, Hall, Sutton, Pitino, and Smith...one goal winning championships for UK basketball. Like Stoops in football, all of the above were like that for basketball. Winning for UK was the first and last priority. I look forward to the day where that is the UK basketball program's #1 priority again.

Not sure what championships we have or are going to win in football. You say you are all about the championships so explain the logic.

And if all those other basketball coaches post Rupps goal was to win championships they all did a pretty piss poor job other than Pitino. And even he only won one national title. Joe B missed ncaa 3 times and Sutton was a disaster and Smith should call pitino every year until he dies for his 98 title for giving him the players to win it. Noticed u forgot G as well.

Not sure what championships we have or are going to win in football. You say you are all about the championships so explain the logic.

And if all those other basketball coaches post Rupps goal was to win championships they all did a pretty piss poor job other than Pitino. And even he only won one national title. Joe B missed ncaa 3 times and Sutton was a disaster and Smith should call pitino every year until he dies for his 98 title for giving him the players to win it. Noticed u forgot G as well.
The GOAL is to win championships in football. That is Stoop’s focus. Winning football for UK. Top priority.

Cal has openly said his top priority is changing lives of his players…he has been outwardly focused on this since 2012. All of our coaches before and hopefully after he retires will have winning UK basketball and Championships as the # 1 priority which is what the position is being paid for.

The GOAL is to win championships in football. That is Stoop’s focus. Winning football for UK. Top priority.

Cal has openly said his top priority is changing lives of his players…he has been outwardly focused on this since 2012. All of our coaches before and hopefully after he retires will have winning UK basketball and Championships as the # 1 priority which is what the position is being paid for.
I sure hope so. One of the things that I hope that the next coach says in front of a live audience on mic is "For the past decade or so the University of Kentucky has been wrapped up in NBA draft nonsense, winning titles has not been the focus that it should have been. We're changing that right here, right now".

Well when are we gonna win a SEC title or national title n football? Honest answer please. Goals are supposed to be realistic.

And on the basketball topic winning and wanting better things for players doesn't have to be an either or. I'm ready for him to move on because he isn't winning a 2nd title here but all the prior coaches didn't do jack overall compared to the glory years of Rupp from 48 to 58. 4 titles the past 65 years isn't impressive and that's not all calipari.

Well when are we gonna win a SEC title or national title n football? Honest answer please. Goals are supposed to be realistic.

And on the basketball topic winning and wanting better things for players doesn't have to be an either or. I'm ready for him to move on because he isn't winning a 2nd title here but all the prior coaches didn't do jack overall compared to the glory years of Rupp from 48 to 58. 4 titles the past 65 years isn't impressive and that's not all calipari.
You don't think it’s realistic to win a title in football?

It’s unfortunate we're in a league that features at least 4 of the best teams in the country every year, but Stoops has taken UK football on a great ride, has one of the best offensive coordinators in the game and is doing a hell of a job racking up damn good talent.

UK football didn’t get to start on 3rd base, but Stoops has them rounding 2nd, which is a hell of an accomplishment.

When the playoff expands to hold more teams, UK has a shot.

Please stop with the cringe 4 titles in 65 years BS.

Reactions: STL_Cat and KFuqua
I sure hope so. One of the things that I hope that the next coach says in front of a live audience on mic is "For the past decade or so the University of Kentucky has been wrapped up in NBA draft nonsense, winning titles has not been the focus that it should have been. We're changing that right here, right now".
"Good players, the best players, please don't come to our school. We don't want the best players anymore" 🤡

Reactions: ace on the river
"Good players, the best players, please don't come to our school. We don't want the best players anymore" 🤡
I see that you are a Cal supporter, therefore you have no problem with what the program has become. Losers I don't have time for.

It was a fine interview. But a summer tournament win and a PR campaign is not enough. He needs to get back to winning.
Well cant do that until the games start so what we have now is what we have🤷

Exactly all the coaches you mentioned have coached for the school and not for the NBA…. Some people will never get that around here even though Cal openly admitted it when he took the position here…

I thought that was pretty evident in the post of why you liked Stoops. Of course our odds of winning in football are very low. We aren’t a traditional power and we have about 3x’s less financial support than the top programs. That’s true for all but like 5 programs yearly. Stoops at least cares about his yearly performance and what he’s accomplished is amazing honestly. I can legit see us reach a new years bowl and possibly a playoff at some point if we have a couple breaks in the year. I don’t mind Cal’s approach, or at least didn’t when he made it mutual. They did their best to get final fours and championships and then leave. Hasn’t seemed that way since about 2018-2019. Started declining after our perfect season went kaput.

Reactions: clevenger32

Pitino would not have won in 98. He couldn't even win with more talent on 97. He blew 95 as well. Quit acting like the guy was the messiah.

I see that you are a Cal supporter, therefore you have no problem with what the program has become. Losers I don't have time for.
If you don't get players to the league you become EKU. If that's what you want that's fine but that's not what I want from my team. Also it's hilarious to me that you don't think things can be complex. I can be a Cal supporter and hope he gets things turned around at the same time.

If you don't get players to the league you become EKU. If that's what you want that's fine but that's not what I want from my team. Also it's hilarious to me that you don't think things can be complex. I can be a Cal supporter and hope he gets things turned around at the same time.
Definitely, but the difference between UK and the true contenders is, Cal is bringing in kids that simply have NBA potential, they don't need to prove anything, they just need to have measurables and athleticism.

The true contenders have NBA role players. They are juniors and seniors that were developed in a college program and are just good, sound basketball players.

There are some exceptions, I believe one of 'Nova's title teams had a 5* freshman on it, but the bulk of the team was veterans that Jay Wright developed.

Reactions: NociHTTP
False. Utah was Tubbys bitch not Pitino's. Pitino would've lost to Duke in 98.
Nope. Tubby only came back against Duke when he switched to the press. PITINO's press. He even admitted it. You're using a weak argument borne of confirmation bias because Pitino lost in 1992 with lesser players against a miracle shot due to one mistake he made. No way he would have repeated that mistake in 98.

Good to see college ball get some love. God knows NONE of the bigger shows on ESPN and Fox EVER talk about college ball.

Nope. Tubby only came back against Duke when he switched to the press. PITINO's press. He even admitted it. You're using a weak argument borne of confirmation bias because Pitino lost in 1992 with lesser players against a miracle shot due to one mistake he made. No way he would have repeated that mistake in 98.
No, Pitino just blew it every year but one year. No reason to think he would have won in 98 when he couldn't win with more talented teams years prior.

No, Pitino just blew it every year but one year. No reason to think he would have won in 98 when he couldn't win with more talented teams years prior.
1990 he went 14-14---and 10-8 in the SEC with.......Farm boys.
1991 he went 22-6, 14-4 with same farm boys + One Jamal Mashburn
1992--A mere 3 years taking over a gutted UK program, Cats go 29-7(12-4) and lose on a last second shot to Duke---a team that many consider one of the best ever. With those same farm boys and year two of Mr. Mash.

So a quick recap of RP's first three years...

65-27 overall.......36-16 SEC....Elite 8...SEC Est champs and SECT championship.

He did this with Farmer, Woods, Brassow, Feldhaus, Pelphrey and ONE elite dude in Mashburn..

Think about that^^^^^^.

1993---30-4. Final Four. Lost to Michigan---who had some dudes ya mave have heard of----Chris Weber and Jalen Rose. UK was not even close to having more talent than that Michigan team. They were loaded and on the back end of back to back NCAA title games.

1994--27-7. This is the ONLY time, IMO, where RP lost to a team(NCAAT) that he had a substantial talent advantage.

1995-
28-5. Reg Final loss to UNC...A Carolina team that had Stackhouse, Wallace, Donald Williams, Shammond Williams and a very good college player in Donate Calabera.
1996---No explanation needed.

1997---Derek Anderson. Huge loss. That team was a monster with Mercer AND DA. Because look, after those two---what did Rick have? Padgett, Nazr, Epps, Turner, Magloire, Mills----I mean for christ sakes, Scott led UK in scoring that night...And Mills----Cameron freaking Mills, scored 12.

Do you realize what that Arizona team had? Sure they had Miles/Bibby----but they were laoded. They had 6 dudes play in the NBA: Terry, Bibby, Simon, Dickerson, Bramlett and Edgerson.

UK had Mercer and..................Well they did have DA.

C'mon man....Your the UK fan here. You should know this shit. RP lost to : Duke, UNC, Michigan, Marquette and Arizona in the NCAAT. Only once did he arguably have mnore talent---Marquette.

1992--A mere 3 years taking over a gutted UK program, Cats go 29-7(12-4) and lose on a last second shot to Duke---a team that many consider one of the best ever. With those same farm boys and year two of Mr. Mash.

65-27 overall.......36-16 SEC....Elite 8...SEC Est champs and SECT championship.

He did this with Farmer, Woods, Brassow, Feldhaus, Pelphrey and ONE elite dude in Mashburn..

Think about that^^^^^^.

1993---30-4. Final Four. Lost to Michigan---who had some dudes ya mave have heard of----Chris Weber and Jalen Rose. UK was not even close to having more talent than that Michigan team. They were loaded and on the back end of back to back NCAA title games.

1994--27-7. This is the ONLY time, IMO, where RP lost to a team(NCAAT) that he had a substantial talent advantage.

1995-
28-5. Reg Final loss to UNC...A Carolina team that had Stackhouse, Wallace, Donald Williams, Shammond Williams and a very good college player in Donate Calabera.

1997---Derek Anderson. Huge loss. That team was a monster with Mercer AND DA. Because look, after those two---what did Rick have? Padgett, Nazr, Epps, Turner, Magloire, Mills----I mean for christ sakes, Scott led UK in scoring that night...And Mills----Cameron freaking Mills, scored 12.

Do you realize what that Arizona team had? Sure they had Miles/Bibby----but they were laoded. They had 6 dudes play in the NBA: Terry, Bibby, Simon, Dickerson, Bramlett and Edgerson.

C'mon man....Your the UK fan here. You should know this shit. RP lost to : Duke, UNC, Michigan, Marquette and Arizona in the NCAAT. Only once did he arguably have mnore talent---Marquette.
I dont know anyone who thought the 92 Duke team was the best team ever

Me neither---Its why I said ONE OF THE BEST. They won back to back titles. Hurley, Hill and that other dude. Six guys who played in the NBA, led by Grant Hill. They were a very good college team.

34-2..And aside from IU/UK, they dominated in the NCAAT
Many/most?? articles ranking all time best teams have 1992 Duke anywhere from #7 to #10. I personally think 1999 Duke was Coach K's best team, but 1992 is right there.

Reactions: IUfanBorden

Think about that^^^^^^.

1995-

Imagine if he hadn’t redshirted Shepard in 97 . Jeff said there was talk about pulling his redshirt when Anderson went down and he was willing to do it . But they decided against it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT