ADVERTISEMENT

Cal really showed you bennies

Mike-McD

Junior
Aug 3, 2022
Nobody, but NOBODY is gonna tell him what lineups to run. Especially a bunch of "crazy" fans, and especially on the road against a desperate 13-12 team that just rushed the floor.

If he wants Wagner in there chucking up bricks, and wants Shep and Reeves on the bench, it's his team. And you crybaby fans can just suck it.

If you liked this lineup clown show, just wait until the SEC tournament. And, assuming we get a 9 seed or something, wait until the NCAAT. He'll have Ugo, Z, Burks, Mitchell, and Bradshaw in there for 7 minutes in the second half.

Nobody, but NOBODY is gonna tell him what lineups to run. Especially a bunch of "crazy" fans, and especially on the road against a desperate 13-12 team that just rushed the floor.

If he wants Wagner in there chucking up bricks, and wants Shep and Reeves on the bench, it's his team. And you crybaby fans can just suck it.
Then leaves Wagner and Edwards out in the final 20 seconds!!!

That should tell you EVERYTHING about what is going on here!!!

Cal has DESTROYED UK Basketball with the "MY FAVORITE Players First" BULLCRAP!!!

I like Bradshaws early 3 that didn’t even hit the rim and the fact he never really even try’s to go for rebounds or protect the rim because he doesn’t like contact. Another March will come and go and we won’t be a factor.
I'd rather take my chances with Z's defense because at least he can hit threes, and if he gives up a 2 but hits a three then he's a net positive.

Edwards should be be getting 5-6 minutes per game backing up Reeves at the 3 and Bradshaw should be getting
6 minutes backing up Ugo, but only until Mitchell returns and then he should get the backup center time.
Thiero should rarely go to the bench.
Starters - 32 minutes

Dilly
Shep
Reeves
Thiero
Ugo

Reserves - 6-8 minutes
Wagner
Mitchell
Z
Burks
Bradshaw

This is not rocket surgery.

He's lucky there are no men running the UK Athletic program.

I like Bradshaws early 3 that didn’t even hit the rim and the fact he never really even try’s to go for rebounds or protect the rim because he doesn’t like contact. Another March will come and go and we won’t be a factor.
He's got a green light and Big Z needs to keep his butt near the basket.

The only chance this team has to go far is with our shooting because our inside game is mediocre. So why not give the big that is the best shooter of the 3 more of a chance? If you want to play 2 bigs, put Z out on the perimeter with Reeves, Sheppard, and Dillingham. Give the opponents 4 threats out there. Then keep the other one in the paint. Z is not a back to the basket player that Cal expects him to be. I don't think Bradshaw wants to be one either. He can't shoot good enough to be a 4. We better get the lineups right soon or the season's over. Of course Cal does his darndest to not play the Bennies lineups.

I don’t know how he was ranked so highly.
He reminds me of a newborn giraffe. Long and lanky and not very steady on his feet. It's a joke that he was ranked as high as he was. Was he playing against teams with 6' centers in high school or some really weak division?

Cal does a poor job of scouting a lot of the players lately. He has to be just looking at rankings and going after the highest available. Seems like he is having just as many misses as he does hits. We need more players and less athletes. We also need more X's and O's but not his strong point.

I said in the summer when this Bradshaw crap playing out on the floor started that he was no shooter & was too soft to rebound or block shots. A lot of opposite rebuttals appeared, but guess what? I was right, he can't shoot & is softer than a foam cushion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT