ADVERTISEMENT

This is one of my favorite teams from my lifetime

Jan 27, 2023
Somewhat lost in all of the Cal drama and the losses is that these kids are really great in the basketball sense and general sense.

-Dillingham is Gumby with the basket
-Shep is a vintage fundamentals with modern skill and athleticism (small thing, but love how he still dribbles on top of the ball)
-Ugo has improved A TON. He’s already exceeded what I thought his potential would be.
-Reeves has gone above and beyond to work on himself and become an all-American level player
-Wagner and Bradshaw have maintained supportive attitudes even though their years haven’t gone as planned
-Edwards continued to work on himself and not get distracted and down by the noise
-Mitchell + the bench are a fun group and Mitchell was an incredible stop gap to start the year
-Adou lays it all on the line every time
-(still deciding about Z)

This team is crazy fast. They shoot better than I have ever seen, honestly better than I thought team shooting could reach. They share the ball A LOT. They pull off several OMG highlight plays a game. They like each other. The assistant coaches seem to be a stellar group.

Started watching UK with Pitino’s first year when I was a very small kid. This will be one of my top 5 favorite teams since then.

Last edited:
It has been and I thought it was going to be very early on. It's why all these head scratching inexcusable losses have bothered me more than any other team before. This has no business being the first team in the history of Kentucky basketball to lose 3 consecutive games in Rupp.

the 2012 and 2015 teams were probably my favorite so far. Thus group is exciting but they also lose to teams they should easily beat

It has been and I thought it was going to be very early on. It's why all these head scratching inexcusable losses have bothered me more than any other team before. This has no business being the first team in the history of Kentucky basketball to lose 3 consecutive games in Rupp.
Youth. You need Davis/MKG or Cousins/Wall; generational 18 year olds - to be this young and not have bonehead games or get dragged down by the mid season slog. In particular, we don’t have THE MAN downlow and that junks up a lot of the aspects of certain games.

If Cal didn’t have the last 4 years on his resume, we’d all be ecstatic for this group. We’ve all been hurt far too many times recently where it feels like the other shoe is going to drop with a dud in the tourney. I think we make a run personally but get the pessimism

If Cal didn’t have the last 4 years on his resume, we’d all be ecstatic for this group. We’ve all been hurt far too many times recently where it feels like the other shoe is going to drop with a dud in the tourney. I think we make a run personally but get the pessimism
Can we put together multiple good games together is the question, especially if we win a few and read the hype and come out flat.

Reactions: FiveStarCat
Probably just a byproduct of the last 3-4 years being so tough to watch offensively.

This team is probably the worst defensive team I've seen at UK in 20+ years. They're also really soft at times. Tons of bad, embarrassing losses, etc

Not saying I don't enjoy watching Dillingham/Sheppard/Reeves but if I made a favorite UK teams of my lifetime list safe to say they wouldn't be anywhere near it

Couldn’t have said it better.

Love the makeup of this team. Love the skill and athleticism ingredients.

Easily my favorite team since 2017 (those dudes were extremely likable personalities as well much on top of Uber talented, like this team)

Reactions: STL_Cat
Fun to watch. Agonizing at times. much more enjoyable than last few years. Now win next game.

Reactions: STL_Cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT