ADVERTISEMENT

You ever notice that when Cal talks about UK fans...

I thought you were happy with Cal? You've been kissing his ass for years. ???
I’ve never been an unabashed and unmoved blind supporter. My history is right there and I invite anyone to go read it. I criticize when it’s due and I took up for him when people were unreasonable. I still maintain that not EVERYTHING has been his fault over the years like many do. But at this stage there is very little to defend. I’ve always been fair.

I’ve never kissed anyone’s ass by the way. You can definitely kiss mine though.

What did Pitino say?
Back in the day I knew someone pretty well that was on Pitinos staff . He went to Boston with Pitino. But during the 94 season I just casually mentioned to this guy about how much UK fans loved Pitino. I’ll never forget what he said because it shocked me. He said “If the fans knew what Pitino thought and said about them , they’d hate him” . I swear to God this is a true story.

Back in the day I knew someone pretty well that was on Pitinos staff . He went to Boston with Pitino. But during the 94 season I just casually mentioned to this guy about how much UK fans loved Pitino. I’ll never forget what he said because it shocked me. He said “If the fans knew what Pitino thought and said about them , they’d hate him” . I swear to God this is a true story.
Maybe but he never spoke it aloud like Cal has. “Your crazy this, or crazy that”

The funny part is that many think they know more than the $10M/yr HOF coach, I wonder if Cal thinks he knows more about working in a factory than the $15/hr. worker. if he does it would probably piss them off.

[QUOTE="Rockfly78, post: 12576898, But at this stage there is very little to defend. I’ve always been fair.

[/QUOTE]
Don't ever change.

Rick Pitino part 2. Only difference is Pitino won and the loudest of the yokels thought he could do no wrong.

That’s one of the reasons I absolutely hated Pitino when he was here.
You hated Pitino while he was at UK?
You obviously don't like Cal.
Billy was a flake who wasn't worth the energy to hate.
Were you a Tubby guy?

You hated Pitino while he was at UK?
You obviously don't like Cal.
Billy was a flake who wasn't worth the energy to hate.
Were you a Tubby guy?
I didn’t. I don’t care if he won. I didn’t like him as a person.

Yes. I did like Tubby. He was personable. I really wanted him to succeed here.

I didn’t. I don’t care if he won. I didn’t like him as a person.

Yes. I did like Tubby. He was personable. I really wanted him to succeed here.
Rick was my guy until he went to UL.
He was light years ahead of Tubby or Cal on the call in show.
Rick seemed to have a sense of humor about the whole fan/ coach interaction.
Tubby definitely the most down to earth but I think that ultimately worked against him.
Tubby needed more ego, more desire to be on top.

Cal has always been arrogant, cocky and unlikable. In his early days he was a real jerk and most everyone saw him that way. There is a reason so many in the industry dislike him.

He has has softened over the years, however, making him somewhat more tolerable. He was embraced here due to what he did on the court (same with Pitino). Deep down Cal is still that same egotistical know-it-all who now also thinks he's above reproach and he can barely hide his disdain and contempt for the fans.

Last edited:
Rick was my guy until he went to UL.
He was light years ahead of Tubby or Cal on the call in show.
Rick seemed to have a sense of humor about the whole fan/ coach interaction.
Tubby definitely the most down to earth but I think that ultimately worked against him.
Tubby needed more ego, more desire to be on top.
Rick was part of an era of coaches I couldn’t stand..including Steve Spurrier and Phil Fulmer.

I think most people would be shocked if they knew what was said about them.

Sarcasm.........ccc means every double talking word he says. He hates the fans
Hates the fans, hates the college game, and only cares about getting guys to the NBA over winning. ESPN also hates UK. All rational points.

It's obvious to everyone except the most obtuse that it is most certainly NOT a joke. He never uses any other mitigating language to show the fans that he has the slightest bit of affection for them.

Making sure every person who brought a ball gets it signed by him at the post game show? Or taking the 2012 trophy to nearly every county in KY to show the fans, but yeah....he hates the fans and never does anything to show affection. And what about the tornado in Bowling green? Any disaster in KY he's on it immediately doing something. Ive been through a lot of UK coaches in my lifetime and he's done the most outside of the university.

Making sure every person who brought a ball gets it signed by him at the post game show? Or taking the 2012 trophy to nearly every county in KY to show the fans, but yeah....he hates the fans and never does anything to show affection. And what about the tornado in Bowling green? Any disaster in KY he's on it immediately doing something. Ive been through a lot of UK coaches in my lifetime and he's done the most outside of the university.
He skipped the last postgame show and signing, but you keep on telling yourself those funny stories, brah.

I’ve never been an unabashed and unmoved blind supporter. My history is right there and I invite anyone to go read it. I criticize when it’s due and I took up for him when people were unreasonable. I still maintain that not EVERYTHING has been his fault over the years like many do. But at this stage there is very little to defend. I’ve always been fair.

Yeah right. You made excuse after excuse and you were wrong at every turn. Just own it. You can dish it out but you can't take it.

Yeah right. You made excuse after excuse and you were wrong at every turn. Just own it. You can dish it out but you can't take it.
I was more generous than I should have been during the 9-16 season. It’s been downhill from there. I don’t make excuses for anyone and I call it like I see. The difference between me and most is that my emotions don’t rule me and I try to be reasonable. You can kiss my ass though none the less. I don’t care what anyone here thinks

Last edited:
I was more generous than I should have been during the 9-16 season. It’s been downhill from there. I don’t make excuses for anyone and I call it like I see. The difference between me and most is that my emotions don’t rule me and I try to be reasonable. You can kiss my ass though none the less. I don’t care what anyone here thinks
Yeah it's obvious you don't care what anyone thinks. If you did, you wouldn't say so much dumb stuff.

Reactions: Pbabssux
This is what we're complaining about now? Read this message board and you'll see that we are crazy! I'm one that always tries to see the other perspective. If you were Cal, and you have obviously had years of success as a basketball coach... That success includes his own personal success in building quite the living for himself, earning contracts (while you may disagree with them) from multiple institutions that have paid him millions of dollars. He's also had plenty of success ON the basketball court. I'm pretty sure he and Pitino are still the only two to have taken three different schools to the Final Four? Anyway, if you're Cal... heck if you are you, and you have someone commenting on the job you are doing from the outside, you would probably also have some tongue in cheek saying to them too. I'm not saying we as fans can't have an opinion, but again view it through Cal's personal viewpoint. He's probably thinking to himself, "I'm actually a college basketball coach. I actually run the practices with my players. I've met their families. I've recruited them here. I've won a national championship. I have had a very successful career as a basketball coach. But the accountant, the coal miner, and the bartender want to tell me what I'm doing wrong?" So yeah, I can understand from Cal's viewpoint, while he smiles and calls us crazy fans. And personally, I'm not butthurt over it.

He skipped the last postgame show and signing, but you keep on telling yourself those funny stories, brah.
What, he skipped the post game show??? Holy moly the nerve of this guy. All 14 people who listen must be livid.

What, he skipped the post game show??? Holy moly the nerve of this guy. All 14 people who listen must be livid.
Yeah, go ahead and try to minimize it.

Fact is, Cal is an egomaniac narcissist who can't take righteous criticism

Yeah, go ahead and try to minimize it.

Fact is, Cal is an egomaniac narcissist who can't take righteous criticism
Who cares about his personality traits? Pitino, Coach K, Self, Donovan....theyre all the same. The guy will tour the entire state with a championship trophy, raise millions for poor and Bowling Green tornado victims.....but please, for the love of God dont skip a post game show that nobody gives a chit about.

This is what we're complaining about now? Read this message board and you'll see that we are crazy! I'm one that always tries to see the other perspective. If you were Cal, and you have obviously had years of success as a basketball coach... That success includes his own personal success in building quite the living for himself, earning contracts (while you may disagree with them) from multiple institutions that have paid him millions of dollars. He's also had plenty of success ON the basketball court. I'm pretty sure he and Pitino are still the only two to have taken three different schools to the Final Four? Anyway, if you're Cal... heck if you are you, and you have someone commenting on the job you are doing from the outside, you would probably also have some tongue in cheek saying to them too. I'm not saying we as fans can't have an opinion, but again view it through Cal's personal viewpoint. He's probably thinking to himself, "I'm actually a college basketball coach. I actually run the practices with my players. I've met their families. I've recruited them here. I've won a national championship. I have had a very successful career as a basketball coach. But the accountant, the coal miner, and the bartender want to tell me what I'm doing wrong?" So yeah, I can understand from Cal's viewpoint, while he smiles and calls us crazy fans. And personally, I'm not butthurt over it.
That exact attitude is why he’s terrible now. He never thinks anyone knows enough to tell him what he’s doing wrong. That’s why he keeps doing the same stuff and he is continually getting owned now. He won’t even try anything different because he knows best.

Who cares about his personality traits? Pitino, Coach K, Self, Donovan....theyre all the same. The guy will tour the entire state with a championship trophy, raise millions for poor and Bowling Green tornado victims.....but please, for the love of God dont skip a post game show that nobody gives a chit about.
I don't give two shits about his personality traits as long as he wins games.

Reactions: Louis_Skunt
That exact attitude is why he’s terrible now. He never thinks anyone knows enough to tell him what he’s doing wrong. That’s why he keeps doing the same stuff and he is continually getting owned now. He won’t even try anything different because he knows best.
But again, think about it. And I'm not disagreeing with you... How would you react if you're successful in your own career and people from the outside, in completely different fields/industries, are telling you how to do your job? He does/has theoretically listened to those inside the basketball world, ie Coach Welch.

Reactions: Fox2monk
But again, think about it. And I'm not disagreeing with you... How would you react if you're successful in your own career and people from the outside, in completely different fields/industries, are telling you how to do your job? He does/has theoretically listened to those inside the basketball world, ie Coach Welch.
I understand it from a personal perspective. I also think that even if I was super successful in a field but started really underachieving that I would try and take some advice or see what areas I fell short in.

I understand it from a personal perspective. I also think that even if I was super successful in a field but started really underachieving that I would try and take some advice or see what areas I fell short in.
I hear ya! Again, not disagreeing. Cal himself said it's a ten year job. Looking more and more like his time has run its course. However, when it comes to this season... Think we still have a chance to right the ship if we can get healthy. I think Kansas has five losses now... UNC could have five losses by 9pm tonight... And that's the #3 and #4 teams currently. Long way to go, but let's just get back on the right side of life tonight and go from there.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I hear ya! Again, not disagreeing. Cal himself said it's a ten year job. Looking more and more like his time has run its course. However, when it comes to this season... Think we still have a chance to right the ship if we can get healthy. I think Kansas has five losses now... UNC could have five losses by 9pm tonight... And that's the #3 and #4 teams currently. Long way to go, but let's just get back on the right side of life tonight and go from there.
I agree, we definitely can but now we have limited players who play and that will affect those who play 38 minutes a game. Just hope it doesn’t spiral into a 8 or 9 seed and 10 losses again.

Reactions: FinancialPlannerZac
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT