ADVERTISEMENT

You ever notice that when Cal talks about UK fans...

Mike-McD

Junior
Aug 3, 2022
...he ALWAYS says they're "crazy?"

He never says, "They are the smartest BB fans in the country" or "they really love this university and it shows" or "Nobody travels like they do" or anything else.

Just "crazy."

Even Billy G acknowledged that the fans were knowledgeable.

He never says, "They are the smartest BB fans in the country" or "they really love this university and it shows" or "Nobody travels like they do" or anything else.

Just "crazy."

He looks down on us. Doesn’t want to listen but it’s obvious he has rabbit ears.

Just "crazy."

It’s a way to easily discredit any valid or legitimate critique or criticism. He can just hand wave it away and say they are crazy. It’s a lazy and weak way to lead. He knows UK fans know the game and what good basketball is and it gets to him. That much is obvious in the things he says and how he conducts himself.

Rick Pitino part 2. Only difference is Pitino won and the loudest of the yokels thought he could do no wrong.

That’s one of the reasons I absolutely hated Pitino when he was here.

UK fans will put up with a lot of shit as long as we are winning and competing for titles. Hell, we'll even forgive an unlucky tournament loss or occasional down season (by our standards, not the 9 win season debacle).

What we won't put up with is constantly being insulted and dismissed WHILE we are in the midst of 4 years in a row of bad basketball and constant drama. That's when you see the tides turn as they have over the last three years.

Cal needs to remember that this program is what it is because of two things. Adolph Rupp and the fanbase. Not because of Cal.

He isn't necessarily wrong...

He isn't necessarily wrong...
No he isn't. LOL But it does say a lot about him that that's the ONLY thing he ever says about UK fans. It's a pejorative slur and he never repairs it with mitigating language.

Example: "UK fans are crazy, but they're smart and they know basketball. Don't cross them, believe me." That softens the insult to more of a family thing.

from Facebook

FjKIIUx.jpeg

What did Pitino say?
guy sent Pitino a picture of his son's ultrasound and told him he was a future recruit. Pitino told him to take his wife out to dinner, have a bottle of wine and don't put pressure on his unborn son.

Look I don't really care if the coach holds the fans in contempt as long as he is winning. If you ain't winning and you're giving the fans xxxx about reminding you of it, then you are going to feel some heat.

Pitino never felt that heat because each year we the fans felt the program was in a forward progression.

and he left on top.

There was some occasional grumbling. That Kansas game where UK was blown out, people let him know.

guy sent Pitino a picture of his son's ultrasound and told him he was a future recruit. Pitino told him to take his wife out to dinner, have a bottle of wine and don't put pressure on his unborn son.

Look I don't really care if the coach holds the fans in contempt as long as he is winning. If you ain't winning and you're giving the fans xxxx about reminding you of it, then you are going to feel some heat.

Pitino never felt that heat because each year we the fans felt the program was in a forward progression.

and he left on top.

There was some occasional grumbling. That Kansas game where UK was blown out, people let him know.
I never heard that Pitino said that, but honestly I don't necessarily fault him for it. He probably took the guy at face value and it's good advice he gave.

I remember Tiger Woods saying that he was walking to the tee and some jackass yelled out, " I am the Tiger Woods of Roofing!" There's always some idiot trying to cash in on some other rich dude. Who knows, I'm just saying, I don't think Pitino was trying to slam the guy.

I don't get ignoring people either. I have no problems with opinions different than mine. I mean, it's their right to express them. I will never ignore anyone on any message board I'm a memer of. But to each their own. We're all different.
If you ever end up with a cyberstalker like Rockbrain, and the mods allow him to chase you all over the board crapping insults from his upper frontal ahole, you might whistle a different tune. I'm not going to allow myself to be baited by idiots like him who have nothing better to do with their time and who have a weird obsession.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I never heard that Pitino said that, but honestly I don't necessarily fault him for it. He probably took the guy at face value and it's good advice he gave.
no, I don't think he was either, but his point in the story was that some fans are too intense

and of course, most fans took that as a badge of honor

Reactions: Mike-McD
Well he is telling the players now to block out the noise. The noise that he created. This team should have no more than 3 loses and that’s on Cal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
I don't get ignoring people either. I have no problems with opinions different than mine. I mean, it's their right to express them. I will never ignore anyone on any message board I'm a memer of. But to each their own. We're all different.
Exactly. I’m not in support of censorship either. Even if it’s self censorship. I refuse to put my head in the sand.

Reactions: BC_Wader

Just "crazy."

Because Cal wants only fans who bow down and kiss his ass. He doesn't want smart or basketball smart fans because they know when you let team after team score on you under the basket games after game it is the coaches fault.

Blocking is for the weak and cowardice
That's Mike-McD for ya. Last week he told me to go back and read what he said in a previous comment because he thought I was misquoting him. So I did and posted a screenshot of said comment. He then accused me of being a stalker and blocked me.

He's so condescending but absolutely cannot take it when he's factually incorrect.

Crazy and Benny are absolutely two passive aggressive terms cal has for fans. You can on average tell he really doesn't like the fans. I think he once did but that faded the first time he heard criticism.

Also the biggest cal lie of them all, and there are many, is that he doesn't listen to criticism. He is completely aware of it and imo even has burner accounts to read it all. No way he randomly pulls out the things he does otherwise

That's Mike-McD for ya. Last week he told me to go back and read what he said in a previous comment because he thought I was misquoting him. So I did and posted a screenshot of said comment. He then accused me of being a stalker and blocked me.

He's so condescending but absolutely cannot take it when he's factually incorrect.
He blocked me too but he continues to talk shit about me knowing he can’t see my replies. That’s a bitch move. What a coward.

No one is happy with cal but my man is unhinged. He’s losing his shit

Just "crazy."

He rarely says anything positive aboutBBN.

From my interaction with him (Granted it was once but…) off that one interaction he didn’t care about being around BBN.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT