ADVERTISEMENT

Cal on Sharpe (insert eye roll gif)

This is something I agree with the people that are upset at Cal for. The priority is protecting the individual player instead of bettering the team. I don’t want to hear any of the conditioning nonsense. You knew he was coming for months now! We couldn’t have him on a conditioning regimen to be ready physically? Don’t give me any of the HS nonsense. He’s been out of HS a long time now(don’t believe me go look at Dream City Christian’s box scores).
Regardless of conditioning/understanding of what we want to do, he couldn’t possibly give us less than Allen. Mintz is a great kid with a big heart but give me the 6 foot 5 future NBA pick even if he ate bon bons on his couch the last two months.
I don’t think he should play in the next week or maybe two, but after that, let’s go.

Calipari may mean what he said or it may be BS and Sharpe may be playing in a week or less. Who knows.

When Cal won the title, he started five 5-Star players. I kind of hope Cal/Sharpe sticks to the plan and he leads a team starting five 5-stars back to the Final Four and possibly number 9.

G Clark
G Wallace
G Sharpe
F Livingston
F Collins

Fredrick, Allen, Hopkins, and Ware off the bench. Add a couple of solid transfers (a big and a guard) and we have a contender.

I just don’t see this team right now being a true contender. Even with Sharpe.

We look like a Sweet Sixteen team to me. We will likely power past a 13-14 seed and then probably escape the second round before getting beat by a 1 or 2 seed in the Sweet Sixteen. We might get hot and get to a Final Four, but we would need a lot help.

This is something I agree with the people that are upset at Cal for. The priority is protecting the individual player instead of bettering the team. I don’t want to hear any of the conditioning nonsense. You knew he was coming for months now! We couldn’t have him on a conditioning regimen to be ready physically? Don’t give me any of the HS nonsense. He’s been out of HS a long time now(don’t believe me go look at Dream City Christian’s box scores).
Regardless of conditioning/understanding of what we want to do, he couldn’t possibly give us less than Allen. Mintz is a great kid with a big heart but give me the 6 foot 5 future NBA pick even if he ate bon bons on his couch the last two months.
I don’t think he should play in the next week or maybe two, but after that, let’s go.
I’m sure Sharpe has been working out with a private trainer daily, the kid is in great shape guaranteed!

When Cal won the title, he started five 5-Star players. I kind of hope Cal/Sharpe sticks to the plan and he leads a team starting five 5-stars back to the Final Four and possibly number 9.

G Clark
G Wallace
G Sharpe
F Livingston
F Collins

Fredrick, Allen, Hopkins, and Ware off the bench. Add a couple of solid transfers (a big and a guard) and we have a contender.

We look like a Sweet Sixteen team to me. We will likely power past a 13-14 seed and then probably escape the second round before getting beat by a 1 or 2 seed in the Sweet Sixteen. We might get hot and get to a Final Four, but we would need a lot help.
You don't think Wheeler is back?

They too busy frothing at the mouth for any chance to put the coach on blast. What Calipari said is simple motivational speak, 1st grade level which is over the head of some on here. Not surprising
Thanks for the clarity. I’m really appreciative that you explained this to me, and all of the other stupid ass posters on this board.

I'll say it again.

Cal PLAYED Dontaie Allen the other night. In a game that MATTERED.

Allen is absolutely clueless on the court right now. Does nothing for the team and hasn't made a shot in months. Literally.

He can say what he wants but ever playing Dontaie Allen and not Sharpe means there is more going on here than "playing the best player with the primary interest being winning games for Kentucky."

G Clark
G Wallace
G Sharpe
F Livingston
F Collins

Didn't Miller start?

G Clark
G Wallace
G Sharpe
F Livingston
F Collins

That’s crazy to think, Cal needed to have five 5 star players starting.
Two ended up being #1 and #2 picks in the draft.
One being a generational talent.

To win his lone national championship.

Last edited:
I'm fine with him not playing, I think we CAN be OK with out him. I dont think he's a must have to reach a Final 4.

.. but he better damn well be here the next, and playing, in game 1. I put that on him, and I put that on Cal.

Recruits have to play. You don't get to take in all the benefits UK offers and then leave before its your time to deliver on your end. And this news is the exact sort of thing that makes me pause over the notion that he "will play at some point". We'll see about that.

Also there will come a point that playing Sharpe won't make sense.

I agree that you have to play him.. but that has to be now.. not in March. If you want Sharpe to be the difference maker, then he needs games to get up to speed. I firmly believe it would be a mistake to try and get him acclimated right before the tournament.

Also there will come a point that playing Sharpe won't make sense.

I agree that you have to play him.. but that has to be now.. not in March. If you want Sharpe to be the difference maker, then he needs games to get up to speed. I firmly believe it would be a mistake to try and get him acclimated right before the tournament.
I can understand him needing a little time to get up to speed, get in game shape, etc. So, totally understand not just playing him right away. But yes, it's a balancing act as you don't want to just try and integrate him in the lineup right on the heels of the tourney. I'd say best bet is give him up to a month to get ready and then integrate him into games. That way you still have over a month before March Madness and time to see how well the team truly plays with him in the lineup.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
The kid for Tennessee a few years ago played like within a week. And he wasn’t even really that good. Sharpe is supposedly the top ranked player in the class. Cals system is far from rocket science. He doesn’t even bother with inbounds plays or any other type defense but man to man. I think the kid can pick it up. This kind of stuff is why people are tired of Cal. All the drama and feeding people BS wore people down.

ALL of these oad players play from day one...several here are right, it's not like ANYTHING that Cal teaches is complicated .
Yea but what you and many others fail to grasp is all of those guys got here in June. If you can’t understand why Calipari might be telling people to step back and not have some unrealistic expectation on day 1 then you people aren’t salvageable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT