ADVERTISEMENT

Cal on Sharpe (insert eye roll gif)

I’m not certain anyone can verify 100% that he’s not eligible for the 2022 draft.
He only has to be able to show some paperwork that says he completed the necessary coursework for graduation before the start of the NBA regular season. And that isn't hard to fudge even if he didn't have it done by then.

He basically has one sub at the 1 through 3 positions now that CJ is out and he is not playing Allen, I’m pretty sure in a month they can find a couple of minutes for Sharpe.
not playing Allen? he shouldn't play Allen.... at this point he brings zero to the table... was 1 dimensional coming out of high school and that was shooting, and he has lost that

He will play at some point this season.
Cal is being coy(coach of the yr.) again.
Still thinking 3 weeks? Lol, I told you guys how this is going to play out! Right on schedule so far. Now, we just need the mystery “injury” to seal the deal! That will come within the next couple of weeks. Lol!

Yea but what you and many others fail to grasp is all of those guys got here in June. If you can’t understand why Calipari might be telling people to step back and not have some unrealistic expectation on day 1 then you people aren’t salvageable.
Salvageable? WTH? Are we used car parts now? Geez...

Rumor has it he planned to be here only one year. We’ll see, but I am not counting on having him.
I can't imagine a 5'6 guard who can't shoot has a big professional calling, but we shall see.

His best bet is staying put another year and maxing out on NIL money. It's going to be his best chance to actually make good money playing ball.

Reactions: gojvc
Still thinking 3 weeks? Lol, I told you guys how this is going to play out! Right on schedule so far. Now, we just need the mystery “injury” to seal the deal! That will come within the next couple of weeks. Lol!
Actually yes I am. Coach speak. He needs a few weeks to condition.
You dont think Cal would say, “Im circling the KU game for Sharpe’s debut” do you?

Last edited:
Oh. What fans want are results that are not mediocre. You’re probably in the camp of Notre Dame was a good basketball team.
It’s probably too early to say. Unlike some on here I don’t need a straitjacket in December. It’s college ball, teams are always changing. Some get better and some go south. Alabama was top 10 one year in January then didn’t even make the tournament. Don’t really look at any of that until around February.

I’m not certain anyone can verify 100% that he’s not eligible for the 2022 draft.
It’s literally nothing but dates on the paperwork! Why some can’t comprehend this, I’m not sure.

Practice, get a ”minor foot/ankle injury”, NIL, test the waters, get a late lottery/ 1st round guarantee, voila he gone… w/o ever playing a minute! Lol

That’s crazy to think, Cal needs to have five 5 star players starting.
Two ended up being #1 and #2 picks in the draft.
One being a generational talent.

To win his lone national championship.
But it's true...it's the only way he'll ever sniff a shot at another NC. Exp. 2015

Reactions: gwjenning
We have seen in the past that if a kid wants to go, he’ll go.

Also, there’s the issue of the incoming talent. Does he want to come back and possibly lose his starting spot?
In the past they didn't have NIL money though.

He would still likely start. The dude is too damn good at running the offense and playing defense to sit. Particularly when he should be surrounded by elite offense players next year.

When Cal won the title, he started five 5-Star players. I kind of hope Cal/Sharpe sticks to the plan and he leads a team starting five 5-stars back to the Final Four and possibly number 9.

G Clark
G Wallace
G Sharpe
F Livingston
F Collins

Fredrick, Allen, Hopkins, and Ware off the bench. Add a couple of solid transfers (a big and a guard) and we have a contender.

I just don’t see this team right now being a true contender. Even with Sharpe.

We look like a Sweet Sixteen team to me. We will likely power past a 13-14 seed and then probably escape the second round before getting beat by a 1 or 2 seed in the Sweet Sixteen. We might get hot and get to a Final Four, but we would need a lot help.
Why are we not a contender with Sharpe? We have good guards (not elite), a great shooter at the SF and a great big man inside....and a pretty good glue guy in Toppin. Sharpe can make our wing play improved.

There is no next year at UK...it's always a complete re-do. We have zero inside presence. Skyy Clark is far from proven commodity at PG. I'd argue we have a better roster this year than next year if Sharpe is the difference on either.

In the past they didn't have NIL money though.

He would still likely start. The dude is too damn good at running the offense and playing defense to sit. Particularly when he should be surrounded by elite offense players next year.
The NIL money helps. But I am not so sure he starts over what we are bringing in. If Wallace (6’4), Sharpe (6’5) and Clark (6’3) are the real deal, I wonder if a 5’8 PG that can’t shoot gets the start?

I will be in Nashville for the Vanderbilt game and I hope to see Sharpe play a couple of minutes in that one.

The NIL money helps. But I am not so sure he starts over what we are bringing in. If Wallace (6’4), Sharpe (6’5) and Clark (6’3) are the real deal, I wonder if a 5’8 PG that can’t shoot gets the start?
I would probably favor the 4th year starting PG who has excelled at his role and led the conference and nation in assists over an unproven high-schooler. Particularly considering Sharpe very likely won't be here to take up a spot anyway.

Reactions: dl51344
I'll say it again.

Cal PLAYED Dontaie Allen the other night. In a game that MATTERED.

Allen is absolutely clueless on the court right now. Does nothing for the team and hasn't made a shot in months. Literally.

He can say what he wants but ever playing Dontaie Allen and not Sharpe means there is more going on here than "playing the best player with the primary interest being winning games for Kentucky."
you are correct, he did play him for a couple of minutes
he may not be hitting his shots right now, but he did not make 3 or 4 turnovers like Hopkins did either

Why are we not a contender with Sharpe? We have good guards (not elite), a great shooter at the SF and a great big man inside....and a pretty good glue guy in Toppin. Sharpe can make our wing play improved.

There is no next year at UK...it's always a complete re-do. We have zero inside presence. Skyy Clark is far from proven commodity at PG. I'd argue we have a better roster this year than next year if Sharpe is the difference on either.
that is what I can't understand either
next year's class is basically all guards
so who is going to block a shot or get a rebound, especially if Oscar leaves
Even if Brooks comes back, he has proven over 3 years that he can't get the job done

Reactions: dl51344 and K_TIME
Doesn’t matter what he says. The whiners are always looking for some way to bash him. Problem for the whiners is, Cal will be here as long as CAL wants.
and those like you that drink the blue koolaid will be kissing his rear and telling everyone how great he is

Might as well be if you’re already freaking out day 2 of Sharpe being on campus.
Not this one. Im of the belief that UK will gel into a contender with or without Sir Sharpe.
Just need to stay healthy.
Which is usually a tall task for UK basketball.

We've had freshmen that arrived in August that weren't really ready when we started playing in November, so it's not that crazy.
the ENTIRE team wasn't ready to play year, but all the Cal lovers have seemed to have forgotten that fiasco

Last edited:

Translation if Cal were a concert promoter....

It might rain...it might snow...it may be dry...We may have good weather or maybe not. We might plan an outdoor concert this winter but we may not practice music at all or maybe we might wait to play a show next year.
We don't know what the F*** we're going to do......Just make sure to buy tickets and merch for the concert we might or might not have.

You can only go so far with a 5’8 PG that can’t shoot, IMHO.

Also, we are weak at the 4, IMHO. Brooks is decent shooting, but can’t guard a lamp post. Toppin brings energy, but is limited offensively (unless he plays like he did in the first half against LSU). Hopkins and Collins are not ready for prime time.

But the kicker is that we don’t have enough shooters. Washington and Grady are the only guys that can stretch a defense consistently. I think Mintz will get back on track, but with Wheeler running the show, we can only get two of the three on the floor at a time. That just doesn’t cut it against intelligent coaches. Put chasers on Washington and Wheeler and pack it in and make Wheeler shoot jumpers. Even with Sharpe, you are still only putting two shooters on the floor at a time, because he plays the same spots as Washington, Grady, and Mintz.

We should be fine against most teams, but once we hit the Sweet Sixteen and have to play an elite team (1 or 2 seed) with a great coach, we probably get sent home. I hope I am wrong, but I don’t see this as a dominant 2012, 2015, 2017 type team. It’s more like a 2016 or 2018 type team. Sweet Sixteen level team with a shot at going deeper if the stars align.

Reactions: HerrosHeroes
that is what I can't understand either
next year's class is basically all guards
so who is going to block a shot or get a rebound, especially if Oscar leaves
Even if Brooks comes back, he has proven over 3 years that he can't get the job done
Yeah....I've not seen a great Cal team yet without bigs. And next year looks inside talent looks alot like the Murray/Ullis team inside. Which is a big goose egg right now. I don't buy Cal can get #9 with all guards and wings.

Doesn’t matter what he says. The whiners are always looking for some way to bash him. Problem for the whiners is, Cal will be here as long as CAL wants.
Are you aware Cal has lost 19 games in the last year and a half?

Reactions: dl51344
I think too many people are pining too many hopes on someone who's supposed to be in HS.

Reality is if he's as good as advertised he'd be on the court ASAP. Which means the reality is he has stuff to work on and le a rn to be able to contribute. Which is totally fine and how it should be. But if you're the kind of talent that can get us to the Final Four then you're ready to go out of the gate.

Folks need to get some perspective and temper expectations

Reactions: wildcatwelder
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT