ADVERTISEMENT

Cal just said... Interview to tourney.

Rideordiewildcat

All-American
Jan 30, 2018
Louisville, Ky (Behind enemy lines)
A guys scores 1 or 2 baskets against us then he has beer muscles. Wait, what?

You just caught yourself Cal. So why not start your best lineup before that happens?
Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

He also said “I could have done some things different…I could have went zone earlier, but we haven’t played it that much.” - John Calipari
Well whose fault is it that you haven’t played it throughout the season and improved it? I guess his man to man defense was so good he saw no reason.

Last edited:
He also said “I could have done some things different…I could have went zone earlier, but we haven’t played it that much.” - John Calipari
Well whose fault is it that you haven’t played it throughout the season and improved it? I guess his man to man defense was so good he saw no reason.
So Cal just admitted he's insane? Since the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

A guys scores 1 or 2 baskets against us then he has beer muscles. Wait, what?

You just caught yourself Cal. So why not start your best lineup before that happens?
Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF
You do know you just contradicted yourself & the "start Reed & Rob argument".
Agree or disagree with who he starts (and I do think at least Reed should start), he starts the better defensive lineup (no one would argue the 3 R's give us our best offensive group) to hopefully prevent that hot offensive start by the other team. Problem is even our best defensive lineup is at best a C or C+ on defense (and the offensive group is a C or C-), so not significantly better on D.

Reactions: Looksbetterinblue
You do know you just contradicted yourself & the "start Reed & Rob argument".
Agree or disagree with who he starts (and I do think at least Reed should start), he starts the better defensive lineup (no one would argue the 3 R's give us our best offensive group) to hopefully prevent that hot offensive start by the other team. Problem is even our best defensive lineup is at best a C or C+ on defense (and the offensive group is a C or C-), so not significantly better on D.
It's all about smoking them right out of the gate and stealing their confidence. And that other lineup can do exactly that.

That’s what irks me more than anything. He has constantly said that these past couple years. I got a zone, we tried some zone, I could have went zone. But then we never practice it. Why?

Reactions: ck-2
Cause dudes still make shots against our best lineup?
Why is it our best lineup? Answer: because our offense is elite when our best five are out there together.

So if your defense is bad regardless, would you rather the 5 guys who can score 95 points or the 5 guys who can score 80?

Simple question, and somehow I don't see you - the king of silly driveby posting - doubling back to actually address it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT