ADVERTISEMENT

Cal makes comments on Clarke

If he has not been doing any thing he will be out of shape so i don't see him playing much, just a few minutes at a time.

If "expectations need to be held in check", then he shouldn't be playing. Period.

All that said, is this another example of a player being truly injured.. and because we didn't have the information at hand, we jumped to conclusions? There's some belif that Clarke is only coming back to help his draft stock.. but if he doesn't play well, is hobbled or reinjures, then that could seriously doom his chances at the NBA. I don't think this is an easy decision if you're T. Clarke.. and I don't think one is the right answer over the other.

Something is seriously wrong with the program. Has any other school had so many injuries the last 5 years?

Glad you mentioned this.. When I woke up today, I was scrolling through the phone still half awake, and someone mentioned our medical staff in the Atheltic Department. I forget who, and I forget what.. But maybe there is something that needs to be addressed. I recall they said that the medical staff potentially missed something in their 2nd diagnosis.

If Clarke plays he will be like the 4th or 5th player who was out for a much longer period than normal.. where we thought the player was sandbagging it, only for them to come back.. maybe there's some truth to the medical staff not being up to par.

This kid has put Cal in a tough spot as much as cal put himself there. Like all the other mystery injuries we get spotty info, contradictions left and right. I think TC was hurt initially, then "opted" out once the season was technically over, but if it was that serious Cal should have just said so instead of all the mystery crap again. Now his stock has fallen so much there is pressure to on him to play and prove himself. This whole season has been managed as worse as possible, even from a PR stance.

Cal's just trying to find anything to generate a buzz for his dead program.

Cal loves media attention and he is getting nothing, other than bad/sad pub from any of the major sports networks.

Gotta sting being completely out of the spotlight......even at his much hated SEC tournament.
If he's healthy he can for sure help the team. He's always been the teams best player IMO and I hope we get to see him play even if it's in a limited role.
I’ve always thought he was our best player too. At least our best backcourt/wing player. If he can contribute, not make many mistakes, while taking minutes from Askew, I’m all for it. IMO, Askew has somewhat regressed.

This kid has put Cal in a tough spot as much as cal put himself there. Like all the other mystery injuries we get spotty info, contradictions left and right. I think TC was hurt initially, then "opted" out once the season was technically over, but if it was that serious Cal should have just said so instead of all the mystery crap again. Now his stock has fallen so much there is pressure to on him to play and prove himself. This whole season has been managed as worse as possible, even from a PR stance.
Well if Cal was honest he wouldn’t be in a tough spot. But he refuses to tell fans what is really going on.

Glad you mentioned this.. When I woke up today, I was scrolling through the phone still half awake, and someone mentioned our medical staff in the Atheltic Department. I forget who, and I forget what.. But maybe there is something that needs to be addressed. I recall they said that the medical staff potentially missed something in their 2nd diagnosis.

If Clarke plays he will be like the 4th or 5th player who was out for a much longer period than normal.. where we thought the player was sandbagging it, only for them to come back.. maybe there's some truth to the medical staff not being up to par.

Didn’t the Spurs have issues with medical staff? I’m sure it’s possible, nepotism and familiarity can breed complacency and incompetence anywhere.

However there’s really no excuse, we have a great medical facility to tap into right next door.

Well we know if he doesn’t play in the first half then we won’t see him in the second half. Oh wait that rule..... uh .... Cal says that if you don’t ..... well,,,, uh.... that rule isn’t a rule anymore.
Who knows, he may start.

Didn’t the Spurs have issues with medical staff? I’m sure it’s possible, nepotism and familiarity can breed complacency and incompetence anywhere.

However there’s really no excuse, we have a great medical facility to tap into right next door.

Agreed. And I dont want to jump to conclusions on the medical staff yet. It could be any combination of things and people.

But it is interesting that it seems like Clarke is going to play.. and he's doing it during a time that isn't exactly ideal for him (it could be or it could be a disaster).. so maybe the injury was real? Sure seems like were wrong, including myself, thinking he was going to just hold out and use the program.

I don't think Clarke, or anybody, faked this injury. I think the kid had a legit stress fracture of some sort.

Say what you want about Clarke, but that dude is a competitor, there is no way he opted out and just sat on the bench to be a cheerleader. This time off has killed his draft stock, so if anyone should be upset, it's him.

Trying to play right now, probably isn't the smartest thing to do, if showing out for the draft is the goal.

If Clarke goes through an NBA evaluation now, he'll be wearing KY blue next year and that certainly wasn't the plan. I'd love to see him come back, I doubt he will, but one can wish.

Well if Cal was honest he wouldn’t be in a tough spot. But he refuses to tell fans what is really going on.
Oh but he did tell us. First press conference. Most, including me, were too glued to the instant success of the first few years to remember. But we were told. That’s the one and only thing I will ever give him credit for. He told the truth up front. It’s like the big bad wolf, in reverse. He tells us how he is going to blow the house down without mentioning that the house is going to get blown down. Brilliant really, if you think about it. His bank account says FU. His ego says, I warned you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT