ADVERTISEMENT

Cal is not returning next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s what I was told. He even told me the name of the recruit.

Disclaimer- this is what I was told. Don’t shoot the messenger. Time will tell. I’ll take my lumps if he comes back.
Then it must be true. I am sure he has never been wrong before.

It’s a 50/50 call. Bookmark that.

See that name by my photo? Thats me and I had to do that many moons ago because I wrote worked and reported for this and many other sites like this one’s predecessor. Always been a Kentucky fan but had to lose the UK “indymycats” due to bias. As far as folks like you I’ve been there done that. I’ve chatted with most of the current day power 5 coaches and rubbed elbows with the best of them back in the day. I’ve seen folks like you and your sources come and go. I will be point blank with you specifically. You are full of shit. Cal will be coaching UK next year and at some point between now and then your “source” will have A Change of heart. Yes this is a message board and unfortunately that gives jackasses the ability to jackass. To be clear I’m not saying Cal being at UK next year is good bad or indifferent. I too have issue with some of the things Cal does. I do feel your post and everything you've posted since is BS. Come talk to me in 6 months and we can reconvene. Until then I say you are 💯 fos. Unlike you when I say this is my last post and I then post 5 more times when I feel challenged, this is my last post. See you in May……..when Cal is still coach….
50-50 to 100%.

OP also claimed “he just didn’t see how they’d keep this secret”

And that’s because there is no secret. Coaches don’t sign contracts mid season.

I don’t think his post should be taken down though. Easy enough to critique

• Haha
Reactions: Russellreserve1
Furthemore, what’s OP’s agenda here? Why even try to spread rumors? Even if there was an ounce of truth, truth he can’t even prove, what’s his play? Seems like agenda. Attempt at sabotage?

Or is it that people “must know” this truth he has no proof of?

So, attempt at sabotage. Weird.

Reactions: CarolinaCatsFan
I always get a “my excrement doesn’t stink” vibe from the OP.
What the hell is wrong with some of you people? OP was passing on info he got from someone. Simple as that. If u don’t like it, then move on. No need for criticism or name calling. The info didn’t harm you in any way. Either grow up or just get off of these boards. Wow.

It could’ve been 100% at one point , but things can always change . Maybe thats what the UK prez being in TN was all about. Maybe word and rumor has made it up the chain . Look , people get divorced and reconcile all the time . Things change ….but maybe that haven’t and he’s a goner . I think we’ll be able to tell with recruiting effort , because I think that would change at least some .

Reactions: UKortho
I never said I had a source. You have lost your ever loving mind. I suggest you pack it in before you look even more foolish. And the reason it's stupid to take a bet on this board is because despite the number of bets placed, to date not one bet has ever been paid. You're apparently too obtuse to recognize the fallacy in spiking the football over an absurdity.
Bets don’t get paid? I wholeheartedly disagree with that. Maybe some don’t but I’ve been involved in several that has. I just got paid $200 from a UL fan that on a bet that was made months ago! It was $100 in the football and $100 on the basket ball. Hell it don’t have to be money, we can do a year long avatar bet. That suit you?

What the hell is wrong with some of you people? OP was passing on info he got from someone. Simple as that. If u don’t like it, then move on. No need for criticism or name calling. The info didn’t harm you in any way. Either grow up or just get off of these boards. Wow.
No he's fabricating a story for his own entertainment.
Are you telling me you haven't seen this same bs play out before on here?

In everyone's dreamworld. The 'take-their-phones' tweak (lol) turns us around and we win #9. Cal decides to retire on a good note and calls it a career (or he says I will coach 1 last year because I promised the Wagners & other recruits I would be here, and rips up his contract), and we have a year to find a new coach.

• Love
Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Bets don’t get paid? I wholeheartedly disagree with that. Maybe some don’t but I’ve been involved in several that has. I just got paid $200 from a UL fan that on a bet that was made months ago! It was $100 in the football and $100 on the basket ball. Hell it don’t have to be money, we can do a year long avatar bet. That suit you?
No you didn’t. I can give you two prominent examples of bets not paid on this board. Bradyjames is still waiting for his money from rqarnold and Herrosheroes has lost several ban bets but keeps coming back.

No he's fabricating a story for his own entertainment.
Are you telling me you haven't seen this same bs play out before on here?
It’s never happened in this way. The media is pushing the Texas story and Cal’s record is in the crapper.

Reactions: UKortho
Travis Perry
Wouldn't make sense since he can't sign till next year anyways. Also he wants to go somewhere that he will get playing time, and from what I'm hearing locally Purdue is a major factor. They're currently playing a freshman at the same position though that is killing it.

The media is pushing the narrative.
No one in the media has been able to cultivate a source on Cal's future and you know they're trying, it's what they do for a living and it pays to be first.
The media is all over this one, yet nothing concrete nor even hinting at Cal's swan song at UK Either this is the most closely guarded secret since the Colonel's recipe or it is a high fly ball to left field.

That’s what I was told. He even told me the name of the recruit.

Disclaimer- this is what I was told. Don’t shoot the messenger. Time will tell. I’ll take my lumps if he comes back.
that seems odd to me...if Cal is leaving, come on down...he is gone. NO reason to wait. Im not trusting your source

You sound like a lawyer :). I can’t really say much more.
Did the person you know play in a local church league? He has a cousin that is related to a minister at my church that has a sister that lives in my neighborhood that told me Cal will be at UK for several more years.

OP sure is spending a massive amount of time hanging around this thread. Could he possibly love the attention 🤔.

The only way this thread could be true is if Cal already agreed to coach age Texas next year.

It isn’t happening. Texas is going to hire a squeaky clean coach after the mess with Beard. This takes Cal off the table. Their AD loved that about Shaka.

Also, they basically ran Barnes out of town and it wasn’t a pretty ending. Cal is not going there. This looks like a post Brian Boone or Poe would cook up.

No, not really. I always got that vibe.

Just wondering. Yes, already been through all my surgeries, 9 of them. Dr mataszuski is great. Saved my leg after a terrible staph infection. You can look at my records. Wore a halo for 10 months. Last 2 surgeries put nails down through knee. And up through heel. Still in alot of pain. But can say nothing but great things about him, and uk ortho in general.
When you say ”halo” are you talking about one of those things they put on a dogs head to keep them from licking themselves? Just curious.

@UKortho
Thanks. So are you saying a recruit who doesn’t want to play for Cal, but loves UK and wants to play for UK, was told to wait until after the season to sign since there would be a change?
OR , a recruit that would love to play for UK but doesn’t have a commitable offer ( say like…..Perry) . But that would be a “commit” , not a “signing “ .

It could’ve been 100% at one point , but things can always change . Maybe thats what the UK prez being in TN was all about. Maybe word and rumor has made it up the chain . Look , people get divorced and reconcile all the time . Things change ….but maybe that haven’t and he’s a goner . I think we’ll be able to tell with recruiting effort , because I think that would change at least some .
That was not why the UK President was at the UT game. He was there to celebrate with Cal and the team after a big win. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
When you say ”halo” are you talking about one of those things they put on a dogs head to keep them from licking themselves? Just curious.
1dcdcc14f46c5ab55a0dd31773330556.jpg

Reactions: yoshukai
That was not why the UK President was at the UT game. He was there to celebrate with Cal and the team after a big win. Sorry to burst your bubble.
He went down with the team and did the pre-game meal , went to the shootaround prior and things like that . There had to be a reason ?

Reactions: EliteBlue
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT