ADVERTISEMENT

Cal is not returning next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t see what the big deal is about this thread TBH. The OP has never made outrageous statements before and I have little reason to doubt that he actually heard this from someone he knows at UK. Wether that person knows anything is up for debate, but I am pretty sure that he didn’t come here to just look cool. At the end of the day it’s a discussion board and many people enjoy hearing information from wherever it comes from. If it’s false, who really cares? It will disappear into the 1000’s of previous speculation posts of the past.

If a guy says he’s literally been told by someone, how can you say “it sounds like he’s just hoping.” Lol

If you’re saying he’s just hoping, then you’re saying he’s lying. Fine. You are saying he’s lying about what he’s been told. But nothing about this sounds like “OP is just hoping.”

Where do y’all come up with this stuff?
@kywildcat41086, some of these guys are soft. A thread on this site hurts the program? Cal has that covered. One win and we are BACK! These guys will be gone after the next loss. Then back again.

I don’t see what the big deal is about this thread TBH. The OP has never made outrageous statements before and I have little reason to doubt that he actually heard this from someone he knows at UK. Wether that person knows anything is up for debate, but I am pretty sure that he didn’t come here to just look cool. At the end of the day it’s a discussion board and many people enjoy hearing information from wherever it comes from. If it’s false, who really cares? It will disappear into the 1000’s of previous speculation posts of the past.
That’s the whole point. We’re trying to have a discussion… but the second someone doubts or questions it… the response is “WHATS WRONG WITH YOU? HOW COULD YOU DOUBT THIS POSTER FROM 2015 WHO HAS NEVER SAID ANYTHING WEIRD BEFORE!?”

I have said now multiple times. I APPRECIATE the info being shared. AND the OP could very well be RIGHT. Absolutely.

That’s the whole point. We’re trying to have a discussion… but the second someone doubts or questions it… the response is “WHATS WRONG WITH YOU? HOW COULD YOU DOUBT THIS POSTER FROM 2015 WHO HAS NEVER SAID ANYTHING WEIRD BEFORE!?”

I have said now multiple times. I APPRECIATE the info being shared. AND the OP could very well be RIGHT. Absolutely.
I’m mainly referring to the people who are making it personal and acting likes it’s gonna actually hurt the university somehow just discussing rumors. I would bet with that Cal/UK doesn’t even know this thread exists and doesn’t care 1 way or another. He’s got way more pressing matters at hand.

I’m mainly referring to the people who are making it personal and acting likes it’s gonna actually hurt the university somehow just discussing rumors. I would bet with that Cal/UK doesn’t even know this thread exists and doesn’t care 1 way or another. He’s got way more pressing matters at hand.
Good point. Agreed.

I appreciate the OP sharing what he heard.

It’s all good man. I hope Cal leaves. Sooner the better. I also reported back on a conversation I had. In the end, I want UK to be at the top. If Cal turns it around and stays, it will be the best crow I ever ate.

Has any significant claim of ”inside information “ that really meant anything, ever on this board, actually turn out to be true? Really, anything that moved the needle? I cant think of one and there has been dozens of not more.

I will 100% say I was wrong. He was right. No problems there at all as I’ve said in many posts I appreciate the info and it could very well be right!

What’s disturbing is those of us with any dissension are treated like near fools for even having the audacity to question whether this is true.
Questioning is one thing. Attacking a poster and calling him a liar when he has no history of such behavior for posting something he was told is something else . I’m not saying you did that . But that Mike Edwards guy did . Why in the heck would someone be so angry over it .

to each his own

I just don't understand the need to call a long standing poster with no history of posting insider info, who probably is in a position to just happen to hear something, a POS, for posting something he was told.

If it works out great (or not depending on your own preferences), if it doesn't, he'll be around to own it.

for only the second time in 30+ years, I happen to have a connection to one of the players on the team, I've been told some stuff (not about Cal), but I was asked not to mention it, so I haven't.

it happens.
You tease ;)

The people scoffing at the idea that Cal might leave are the exact same people who scoffed at those saying Sharpe would never play here.
There were people guaranteeing Tubby would never leave the very morning it was announced he was going to Minn. Everyone (myself included) scoffed at the idea that Pitino would actually take the UL job . You would think that people would learn ANYTHING can happen. I have no idea , but I’m smart enough to wait and see without getting emotionally involved .

Questioning is one thing. Attacking a poster and calling him a liar when he has no history of such behavior for posting something he was told is something else . I’m not saying you did that . But that Mike Edwards guy did . Why in the heck would someone be so angry over it .
I thought that was extremely odd. And then he flexed on his former status as a media guy. Very weird and douchebagish. It seems like the OP hearing news he didn't hurt his butthole

As a former employee of the University of Kentucky athletics department, my sources say Mr. Calapari is here to fulfill the terms of his "lifetime" contract. Please ignore op and you can quote me on that!

See that name by my photo? Thats me and I had to do that many moons ago because I wrote worked and reported for this and many other sites like this one’s predecessor. Always been a Kentucky fan but had to lose the UK “indymycats” due to bias. As far as folks like you I’ve been there done that. I’ve chatted with most of the current day power 5 coaches and rubbed elbows with the best of them back in the day. I’ve seen folks like you and your sources come and go. I will be point blank with you specifically. You are full of shit. Cal will be coaching UK next year and at some point between now and then your “source” will have A Change of heart. Yes this is a message board and unfortunately that gives jackasses the ability to jackass. To be clear I’m not saying Cal being at UK next year is good bad or indifferent. I too have issue with some of the things Cal does. I do feel your post and everything you've posted since is BS. Come talk to me in 6 months and we can reconvene. Until then I say you are 💯 fos. Unlike you when I say this is my last post and I then post 5 more times when I feel challenged, this is my last post. See you in May……..when Cal is still coach….

Prince Harry Mic Drop GIF

Let me put it this way. I am the most legitimate insider that has ever posted on this board. You people have two options, embrace Calipari or root for the cardinals, it's that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT