ADVERTISEMENT

Cal Cal Cal...

Apr 24, 2022

I was dying laughing during this. He sounded sooooo enthused to give us this interview, "BBN, I'm so excited to bring you this....interview", he sounded most enthused when he said that he himself did the interview!

Super happy to have Big Z, glad they got that figured out.

Sometimes I wish he would just lie and talk about how dominant every player is…maybe it may help both players and fans believe it lol

He's skinny and I bet he'll shoot 3s and miss like most the players do. He'd get push around and give up easy baskets. Sure he can step in and play and be good overall, maybe. But he'll hurt us some I'm afraid.

A lot of people were interested in getting a look at and hearing from this young man, and enjoyed the chance to see this. A lot of people are realistic about what he does and doesn’t bring to the team immediately and aren’t wringing their hands or bitching about it. They are just glad to have a guy with his size and basketball skills on the team.

No one was REQUIRED to watch this. Why everything about Kentucky basketball bothers some of you people is a weird mystery. Or maybe not.

A lot of people were interested in getting a look at and hearing from this young man, and enjoyed the chance to see this. A lot of people are realistic about what he does and doesn’t bring to the team immediately and aren’t wringing their hands or bitching about it. They are just glad to have a guy with his size and basketball skills on the team.

No one was REQUIRED to watch this. Why everything about Kentucky basketball bothers some of you people is a weird mystery. Or maybe not.

There’s about 5-6 accounts that are trolls and will do nothing but take jabs at anything positive for UK. I was excited to see Z and thought Cal was genuinely excited.

I think most just want to hear how good his English is. I mean, the experts said he couldn't pass the admissions test. Maybe someone should have told him the password is "open sesame".

Seriously, why such a low bar? It's not acceptable. Back when Cal started coaching here, and before it wasn't heard of to have a tall player with "basketball skills". But your eyes rolled back and it took your breath away.

Cal is super hard at work, fellas. Look at all these 2024 studs he’s got coming in. 40-0 in 2024-2025! 9-16 records are a thing of the past!

He's skinny and I bet he'll shoot 3s and miss like most the players do. He'd get push around and give up easy baskets. Sure he can step in and play and be good overall, maybe. But he'll hurt us some I'm afraid.
He’s 7’2 and though he may be pushed around some he will also block and alert alot of shots because of his height and wingspan.
Im excited to have Big Z. I think he’s going to amaze in our quest for #9.
#16 is an excellent AP starting point as well.
They were careful not to rank UK too low because they know this team is big, talent, fast, experienced, deep and could have a few lotto picks as well. All the components necessary for a championship run.

I'm just waiting win a good , solid fundamentally sound basketball team . Maybe one with some toughness and refuse to lose attitude . Just give me that , dont care where " Big Z " is from , dont care when he got here ... if you are a baller it doesnt take months to fit in .If a big man is a rim protector it doesnt take him 3 months of practice . Just win Cal . We are all tired of talk .

He’s 7’2 and though he may be pushed around some he will also block and alert alot of shots because of his height and wingspan.
Im excited to have Big Z. I think he’s going to amaze in our quest for #9.
#16 is an excellent AP starting point as well.
They were careful not to rank UK too low because they know this team is big, talent, fast, experienced, deep and could have a few lotto picks as well. All the components necessary for a championship run.

I agree!! When healthy, all the components are definitely there to make a deep run. I’m as excited for this group as I have been for 6-7 years!

it is no mystery
we have a handful of useless trolls that make useless comments because they hate UK
in the case of grom/morg/nocihttp (what ever other user name he uses) he is still butt hurt over Cal leaving Memphis
the mods need to do a cleanup and get rid of the rot that is on this board

I've been a Cal supporter since day one, and usually fall on the sunshine pumping side of things... but these things Cal puts out with the tone of "Patience, this team needs time to grow" and "He's not the answer to all of our dreams"....

I get Cal is trying to take the pressure off of the players themselves and let him shoulder it instead, but these phrases he includes really does sound like he's expecting a letdown himself, or an underachievement. We're all just so ready for a really good UK basketball team that talk really becomes cheaper. I'm not talking about the interview with Z itself, which I would like to see, I'm just focusing on these phrases he throws out to BBN about what expectations should be. Hoping for a memorable year!

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I've been a Cal supporter since day one, and usually fall on the sunshine pumping side of things... but these things Cal puts out with the tone of "Patience, this team needs time to grow" and "He's not the answer to all of our dreams"....

I get Cal is trying to take the pressure off of the players themselves and let him shoulder it instead, but these phrases he includes really does sound like he's expecting a letdown himself, or an underachievement. We're all just so ready for a really good UK basketball team that talk really becomes cheaper. I'm not talking about the interview with Z itself, which I would like to see, I'm just focusing on these phrases he throws out to BBN about what expectations should be. Hoping for a memorable year!
It’s one thing I wish someone would tell him to stop. Could you imagine someone like K saying “it’s so hard to play at Duke, the fanbase is so demanding”? No, because it’s absolute crazy to say.

It 100% gets in players heads. It’s an area that Cal has really done a poor job of the last few years. It wasn’t long ago Cal was making jokes about the NCAA putting UK against the Lakers. I never liked the “swaggy” Cal, but I’d take it over the defeated vibe Cal.

It’s one thing I wish someone would tell him to stop. Could you imagine someone like K saying “it’s so hard to play at Duke, the fanbase is so demanding”? No, because it’s absolute crazy to say.

It 100% gets in players heads. It’s an area that Cal has really done a poor job of the last few years. It wasn’t long ago Cal was making jokes about the NCAA putting UK against the Lakers. I never liked the “swaggy” Cal, but I’d take it over the defeated vibe Cal.
I don't mind true "swaggy" Cal. That Cal is fun. What we've had lately is "mouthy" Cal. And that gets old quick.

I don't mind true "swaggy" Cal. That Cal is fun. What we've had lately is "mouthy" Cal. And that gets old quick.
Yeah, it’s time for a new reboot version of Cal. What he did a decade plus ago won’t work, and what he’s doing now makes little sense. Hopefully there’s enough runway left for him to land one more time. Clocks ticking.

"You're going to learn about him and enjoy it"

And what if we don't?
capsule_616x353.jpg

That's my bad!!! Didn't mean to come off like I didn't want to watch it. Just was annoyed that Cal and Kentucky couldn't get this out sooner and without the chance of losing Big Z entirely.

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
it is no mystery
we have a handful of useless trolls that make useless comments because they hate UK
in the case of grom/morg/nocihttp (what ever other user name he uses) he is still butt hurt over Cal leaving Memphis
the mods need to do a cleanup and get rid of the rot that is on this board
Not trying to troll. Just was being a smart a**. Hard to find anyone who understands sarcasm at times.

I get it, I'm a newer poster and you haven't gotten to know me and my style yet.

I support Cal because he is our coach right now. If we had another coach I'd support him. That doesn't mean that I agree with everything he says or does. The Twitter Post was funny because he totally was reading a script and he didn't try to sell it.

I support our guys. I'm so glad Big Z was able to be here, and I can't wait to see the impact he has.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT