ADVERTISEMENT

Cal already disrespecting Arkansas fans (also talks about Mark Pope)

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
Cal said he did a Covid test, hoping he had Covid, as he didn't want to do the SEC Media Day; because, ya know, why would a brand new coach want to talk about his team to an excited fan base? He's obviously better than that.

Also said they're down "three or four guys" with injuries right now. So glad he's gone.

6:40 mark (Covid test)
8:20 mark (down three or four guys)
12:27 mark (mocking fans who disliked his adjustment period remarks)
17:08 mark (Jack Pilgrim asks him about Mark Pope)

Last edited:
Thanks for the times so I didn’t have to listen to the whole thing. I honestly don’t think the Arkansas fans are gonna buy into the whole “it takes a while to get the culture right” and the “we aren’t gonna be as good at the beginning of the year because they have to come together”. The shine wears off fast when you underachieve.

Thanks for the times so I didn’t have to listen to the whole thing. I honestly don’t think the Arkansas fans are gonna buy into the whole “it takes a while to get the culture right” and the “we aren’t gonna be as good at the beginning of the year because they have to come together”. The shine wears off fast when you underachieve.
Yeah....I mean I get it. It's the honeymoon year. So he'll get a pass on most of it. And most teams have to take time to gel, so he's not "wrong" there.

But man, it's gonna wear thin quick for them. Had he still been here and said all that......woof.

Yeah....I mean I get it. It's the honeymoon year. So he'll get a pass on most of it. And most teams have to take time to gel, so he's not "wrong" there.

But man, it's gonna wear thin quick for them. Had he still been here and said all that......woof.
He may not get as much of a honeymoon there. When what he does starts aligning what UK fans are warning them about they’ll see the light much quicker.

Hard to see Cal lasting long at Arkansas. Their fans won’t take it any better than ours if he doesn’t produce.
Agreed…so glad his crap is behind us!

Already making up injuries, down players…I mean goodness sake….it’s like a week into practice literally. Never seen anything like this

Glad to have a coach that is honest snd doesn’t make up excuses…..good grief

Cal said he did a Covid test, hoping he had Covid, as he didn't want to do the SEC Media Day; because, ya know, why would a brand new coach want to talk about his team to an excited fan base? He's obviously better than that.

Also said they're down "three or four guys" with injuries right now. So glad he's gone.

Cal should just not coach, only big games. Apparently that’s all he cares for unless it’s the SEC tourney. Those poor Hogs won’t know what hit them when they go into games with 6 players this year.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul

You know he would have. This year would have been miserable man, we would have been relying on a 16 year old center too. Granted a talented one but damn.

Last edited:
Reactions: mailman85

Adou seems like he’s always hurt now, already talking about missing the Kansas game.. wow. Ah so it’s an exhibition, guess it don’t matter too much but it’s the same BS as always. Maybe Cal scared to play Bill in a real game.

Reactions: westerncat
What’s the over/under on how many games into the season before he starts skipping radio shows, or trotting out assistant coaches to face the media after a loss?

Reactions: Fox2monk

On DJ Wagner
“He cares to much, go make a play, fail fast.” I mean no wonder this guy wasn’t winning games. That is nothing more than platitudes he relies on. No actual coaching just talking.

The COVID thing was a joke. Hyperbole. For how much he doesn't like Press Days.

Nitpicking is called that because nits are the tiny little eggs of lice. And you have to squint to see them. Worrying over the COVID joke is nitpicking.

Nitpicking is called that because nits are the tiny little eggs of lice. And you have to squint to see them. Worrying over the COVID joke is nitpicking.
I would be surprised if anyone on this board didn’t know that about lice and the origin of that saying…but thanks.

there was a time when a big percentage of people would have defended Cal for saying some nonsense like that here. He wants to sell it like he is singularly focused on Arkansas basketball and for now, those fans will eat that up. I guess there are still some who defend it as UK fans.

it will last long enough for Cal to milk $60m from Arkansas

Cal continues to Cal.
"Hope I had Covid so I wouldn't have to do Media Days"

Who the eff says that? "Man I hope I get sick..." He's just gone bizarre man. Whoever is his PR person sucks.

Regardless of where you fall on the great Covid debate, who thinks that is ok to say? I mean people did lose loved ones to covid Cal.

I dont think he will get a honeymoon period at Arkansas. He has a good team on paper so he needs to produce. They saw what he did in year 1 at UK. They will expect a good year 1 at Arkansas.

I feel the same way about our team as we have a good team on paper but I know most are already setting low expectations of just winning one ncaa tourney game as a successful year 1.

I'd rather our standards be set around caliparis first 11 seasons (hopefully pope wins a 2nd title unlike cal) than purely on the last 4 but that's just me.

Cal loves to be in front of a mic and to hear himself talk. If you think he doesn't like Press Days then you have a lot to learn about Cal.

The Arkansas job may come with a lot less pressure than the UK job, but they are still southerners. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for them to figure out he’s a carpetbagger. His same tired lines are still new and fresh to them. Watching it from afar is quite amusing.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
What’s the over/under on how many games into the season before he starts skipping radio shows, or trotting out assistant coaches to face the media after a loss?

If I was a betting man, Arkansas will be pretty good this season & maybe even break the top 5.
I'd also bet that it will be his best season at Arkansas.

I thought maybe a change of scenery would light a fire, but it sounds like the same old Cal to me. Still making excuses. Still using injuries as an excuse to underachieve. Trying to set the bar low. Blaming everything and everyone besides himself for failure, even before he fails.

He traded in his blue for red, but it’s still the same Cal.

How in the world could someone take that quote as being disrespectful to hog fans/ or any fans! Can you take a joke! And remember, people make their own enemies! What have someone done to you to cause them to be your enemy! And people, please don't let others emotions drag your emotio8ns into you butting in with your two cents! Lol...but the facts 😛

Cal loves to be in front of a mic and to hear himself talk. If you think he doesn't like Press Days then you have a lot to learn about Cal.
I disagree I think he use to like that part of the job but if you watch you can tell he really doesn't like it anymore. I think he's aware that people have caught on to the fact he doesn't have any thing of substance to talk about.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
And he told the Arkansas fans and the kids he is recruiting exactly that. They just don’t realize what it actually means.
Heck, he told us his priority wasn't winning. He told us! But he didn't hear him. It took a while for that to sink in. I wonder how long it'll take the Arkansas fans to realize that he will never care a fraction of the amount about winning as the fans do. Arkansas fans won't put up with it. As someone above said, I'm sure they've heard our comments about Cal and they will pick up on it soon.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot

3 Injuries. Already forming the narrative for why he doesn't have them ready to play day one. So glad he is gone

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT