ADVERTISEMENT

Cal’s bday

UkMccurdy

Blue Chip Prospect
Jan 21, 2021
Eastwood, Ky
I know many of you are frustrated as am I with this season. However, Cal has done some great things at UK. It’s his birthday, so list the thing you like about him the most and/or a favorite memory. Please don’t be a jerk and wise guy... just something positive.

My favorite thing about Cal is his faith. He seems very sincere in that area of his life. Also, my favorite memory is still seeing him kiss DeAndre Liggins on the forehead in the elite 8 of 2011... right after liggins iced the game with a late 3! I thought that moment seemed very fatherly and pretty cool to witness.

I know many of you are frustrated as am I with this season. However, Cal has done some great things at UK. It’s his birthday, so list the thing you like about him the most and/or a favorite memory. Please don’t be a jerk and wise guy... just something positive.

My favorite thing about Cal is his faith. He seems very sincere in that area of his life. Also, my favorite memory is still seeing him kiss DeAndre Liggins on the forehead in the elite 8 of 2011... right after liggins iced the game with a late 3! I thought that moment seemed very fatherly and pretty cool to witness.
I would like to see the door hit him in the butt on the way out.

I don't agree with many of his political views whatsoever, but he does exhibit a great deal of charity. Based off what he says and others say, it seems to be driven by his faith. I have a buddy (went to UK with in the 90's) who used to run a non profit inner city ministry in Memphis, and he swore by Cal long before he arrived in Lexington. Just so you know, Cal still swings by the place and makes a huge donation in person yearly since he came to UK. That is where I was coming from with the comment about faith.

Reactions: ABlockalypseBrow
I don't agree with many of his political views whatsoever, but he does exhibit a great deal of charity. Based off what he says and others say, it seems to be driven by his faith. I have a buddy (went to UK with in the 90's) who used to run a non profit inner city ministry in Memphis, and he swore by Cal long before he arrived in Lexington. Just so you know, Cal still swings by the place and makes a huge donation in person yearly since he came to UK. That is where I was coming from with the comment about faith.

See I want to believe that but then there’s this past year, his comments and his actions... ):

happy birthday to cal. we talk a lot about his coaching but he’s a good guy and ambassador to the program.

ADVERTISEMENT