ADVERTISEMENT

C.J. Walker & UK?

The list of freshman recruits Cal has signed at UK and are eligible per the following rules (not from KY, no season ending injuries forcing return) sits at 45.

Only 2 have turned in a junior year: Alex Poythress, Marcus Lee.

43/45 have either left for the draft, went to play overseas, or transferred before their junior years.

Yea there’s a chance. A very small one.
What about Willie Cauley Stein?

I want Scottie Barnes so badly. One of my favorite players in all of high school basketball

CAL LIKEY! CAL WANT WINGY!!!!

87f8bff37864a91ee3d279c3167dcb6037f74096eb3961d1cbbc9c855f72580f.jpg

I laughed pretty hard at this. A+

Plus all those were before the FBI trial came out putting a couple of those teams in a really bad light. Opens the door for teams not named.

The list of freshman recruits Cal has signed at UK and are eligible per the following rules (not from KY, no season ending injuries forcing return) sits at 45.

Only 2 have turned in a junior year: Alex Poythress, Marcus Lee.

43/45 have either left for the draft, went to play overseas, or transferred before their junior years.

Yea there’s a chance. A very small one.

Not that it makes a difference, and your point would still stand, but WCS could have still been a decent draft pick in 2014 if he left, even though he injured his foot. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think the injury was the biggest factor in his return for his junior year.

With everything that is going on in college basketball I'm kinda concerned about the three schools he was down to before we came calling.

Not that it makes a difference, and your point would still stand, but WCS could have still been a decent draft pick in 2014 if he left, even though he injured his foot. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think the injury was the biggest factor in his return for his junior year.
I believe Cal has said WCS came back due to the injury but I could be wrong.

Reactions: Col. Angus

Cal said and I remember WCS himself saying the injury basically brought him back. Couldn’t work out for teams.

Reactions: allenctynimrod
Front page here says talks are heated between UK and Walker, yet TJ Walker put a story on KSR today saying that not much has happened between the two parties. LMAO...example 5,000 of that dude's suckiness. My goodness, does that guy just guess about recruiting? Or does his sources just hate himor something..lol

Miami, Oregon and LSU? All these schools have been implicated in the FBI scandal if I'm not mistaken. Hopefully this kid wasn't one of the ones with a hand out. I trust Cal would do his homework.

Reactions: jace2012
Maybe the shadiness of those programs is why he’d immediately jump on a Kentucky offer.
Yea but how naive would I be if I didn't think this kid didn't know anything about these schools shenanigans before the news story broke?

Reactions: jace2012
Does CJ's coach count or you talking recruiting gurus? David Sisk's interview with CJ's coach is awesome.

and what about me? Don't I count?! ;)

If the poster is wondering whether or not this is valid bc only Sisk is reporting - - the answer is that it IS valid. Cats reached out to CJ a few weeks ago, and this has been progressing since. I am not sure why others are not reporting it, but maybe they now will because the interview lends credibility.
There are couple pieces in play here, most specifically timing. If CJ decides to slow play his recruitment, it will be to see how things shake out with his named three. Also, expect another big school to enter the picture if that is the case.
I expect Cal to try to accelerate the timeline, presuming Cats offer.

Last edited:
Reactions: BassProCat
and what about me? Don't I count?! ;)

If the poster is wondering whether or not this is valid bc only Sisk is reporting - - the answer is that it IS valid. Cats reached out to CJ a few weeks ago, and this has been progressing since. I am not sure why others are not reporting it, but maybe they now will because the interview lends credibility.
There are couple pieces in play here, most specifically timing. If CJ decides to slow play his recruitment, it will be to see how things shake out with his named three. Also, expect another big school to enter the picture if that is the case.
I expect Cal to try to accelerate the timeline, presuming Cats offer.

Gold star :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Reactions: TheAnonymous13
Stewart - spring big
Brooks - Walker
Whitney - Walker - Allen
Herro - Green - Baker - Allen
Maxey - Green

Yes, I'm aware Green and Herro could be gone after this year. They could also be back, and it's not a stretch to think so.

Actually Miami was said to be innocent after all the evidence was reviewed. That was mentioned a couple days ago so they have been proven to be clean

Miami, Oregon and LSU? All these schools have been implicated in the FBI scandal if I'm not mistaken. Hopefully this kid wasn't one of the ones with a hand out. I trust Cal would do his homework.

Not proven to be clean. Just removed from the lawsuit.
Yea I don't buy that Miami is innocent. The FBI will not mention you unless they have dirt on you. They probably just didn't have enough dirt worth prosecuting.

Reactions: kl40504
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT