ADVERTISEMENT

Buster faulkner

I wonder how well a guy of Palestinian and Pakistani descent who was born in Kuwait will do recruiting in the south?
Zero affect whatsoever. If that crap was an issue anyway, which it's not, it's not just about the South. Not sure if this guy is the answer or not if hired, but his ethnic background is utterly irrelevant.

lol what a DA boger is

And it’s also telling he’s here on our board having to preach how much better Gt is or at least equal too. Without Atlanta, GT would have no chance of keeping the OC. but they might because of the son. Hope not as he’s too of my wishlist.

Lived in Atlanta area 25 years. They have almost no fanbase. It’s like Louisville in Lexington. I remember paying five bucks to go see Chris Paul come to town. No one cares about GT. at all. Only reason they aren’t trash like da ville is because of their academics. Literal trapHouses within a block of campus.

lol what a DA boger is

And it’s also telling he’s here on our board having to preach how much better Gt is or at least equal too. Without Atlanta, GT would have no chance of keeping the OC. but they might because of the son. Hope not as he’s too of my wishlist.

Lived in Atlanta area 25 years. They have almost no fanbase. It’s like Louisville in Lexington. I remember paying five bucks to go see Chris Paul come to town. No one cares about GT. at all. Only reason they aren’t trash like da ville is because of their academics. Literal trapH

ouses within a block of campus.

I like to make fun of Tech as much as anyone, but the state of their program today falls directly on Paul Johnson. George O'Leary had them at least competitive in the ACC and was the reason of Jim Donnan's firing, he couldn't beat them. Paul Johnson was an arrogant individual that looked down on HS coaches and had as little contact as possible. It was so bad and tickets were so cheap they were selling 3 game packages for less than 100$. Some of the single game ticket were 20$ and you got a burger from the varsity.

I don’t know if this entire post is meant to be a joke . But if you believe this then that tells me you don’t know one thing about UK athletics .
It's like he doesn't know that the conference pays out teams on a share basis. We make more money than any team in the acc except for maybe UNC and FSU due to licensing.

Reactions: yoshukai
Beginning to look like Stoops was unprepared and having to reach. Not a good sign.

Jmo but it looks like his top choices got pay bumps to stay.

Not sure about this hamden guy. Being a zero in recruiting sec, he needs to be an offensive genius. Just don't see it. Surely with the money they're paying they can do better

Jmo but it looks like his top choices got pay bumps to stay.

Not sure about this hamden guy. Being a zero in recruiting sec, he needs to be an offensive genius. Just don't see it. Surely with the money they're paying they can do better
Let's wait and see who the choice is before we pass judgement. As close as Stoops keeps asst decisions to his vest, there's a pretty good chance the choice may be someone not yet mentioned. That stupid state mandated thing expires Mon, Feb 12, so maybe we'll know something soon.

Big GT fan here… came over to just see what yalls board was saying about Buster. I have no beef with Kentucky, actually one of my really good buddies is a big Kentucky fan!

Plus anyone that plays UGAG is a friend of mine lol. As far as Buster goes, it would be a massive loss if Buster were to leave, but I don’t believe he will.

Him and Tia(his wife) love GA and do not want to move! I know many have mentioned his son- that’s also a big role in this as well.

I have been told by multiple people that Buster doesn’t want to leave unless it’s for a HC job.

Anyways, hope you guys find someone decent, need yall to give UGA hell!

GO JACKETS & CATS!

Georgia tech is not in the same ballpark as UK football when it comes to money, fan support, recruiting! Kentucky brings in top 25 classes yearly.

If it wasn’t for Miami being complete buffoons Georgia Tech misses a bowl in 2023, which would have been several years in row.

They also lost to bowling green at home by double digits 😒

Let's wait and see who the choice is before we pass judgement. As close as Stoops keeps asst decisions to his vest, there's a pretty good chance the choice may be someone not yet mentioned. That stupid state mandated thing expires Mon, Feb 12, so maybe we'll know something soon.
Oh the perils of hiring a DC to be HC who cares nothing about offense in 2024.

Absolute truth. There is no one that has inside scoop anymore.

And don’t even get me started on the KSR football guys Roush and Luckett. Have they ever been correct about anything?

I loathe Jones but he absolutely has football info that's as good as it gets. It's telling that he doesn't tweet about the search at all. Imo it means 1) stoops is being very close to the vest or 2) he asked Jones to not discuss anything.

Going to be interesting how it all turns out

Reactions: catben
Facilities are being updated as this is being typed at GT. over $100 million in updates.
Prestige? UK has zero to no football prestige. Basketball sure. Not many are better thanks to Rupp. Football? They are on the same level as South Carolina, or Rutgers.
Recruiting Budget - agreed. Curious of Stoops take on NIL. Is he of the Mack brown and throw money at HS kids? Or make them earn it due to production?
Louisville is not nearly far behind Kentucky as you might think. When was Kentuckys last Heisman winner? Louisville has been ranked far more often than Kentucky. If I am looking to win a natty I am going the path of least resistance and going to Louisville. Kentucky is not beating uga, Bama, LSU, Texas.
Bet GaT wishes they could have a do over from over 50 years ago.

Last edited:
I have said this a thousand times.

Wandale Robinson made Will Levis a millionaire. And made Liam Coen look like a genius at play calling.

They both should mail Wandale part of their check every month.
Wandale and Will were good for each other. You make it big in the NFL, you do it own your own. Looks they both are doing just fine apart.

Reactions: cathouse
Big GT fan here… came over to just see what yalls board was saying about Buster. I have no beef with Kentucky, actually one of my really good buddies is a big Kentucky fan!

Plus anyone that plays UGAG is a friend of mine lol. As far as Buster goes, it would be a massive loss if Buster were to leave, but I don’t believe he will.

Him and Tia(his wife) love GA and do not want to move! I know many have mentioned his son- that’s also a big role in this as well.

I have been told by multiple people that Buster doesn’t want to leave unless it’s for a HC job.

GO JACKETS & CATS!
Appreciate your input jon. We, the fans, like what we have seen and read about Faulkner and we would hire him in a minute. But we have no idea in reality who Coach Stoops has talked to or has in mind at this point. You may have read my post, I attended the Gasprilla Bowl and never watched your team this year before that game. I was really impressed with your offense. I personally became a big fan of Buster after watching that game. Of course at the time I wasn;t aware we were going to be needing a new OC - lol! I (we) got our feelings hurt a lot with Stoops flirtation with A & M and its hard for me to forget or forgive Stoops for the way it was handled or what was said. He has to earn my loyalty back to him. I know that is me be a silly fan, but I am an old alum who suffered thur horrible football for 50 plus years. He has generally spoiled us by making us think we can be a football school. Coach Stoops has what I grew up being called brain farts at times during the games - lol! But overall he has done a good job for us.

The good news is that apparently I am not like the players or recruits - overall I believe they have forgiven him of the A&M flirtation - they are not as invested in the school as I am and understand he wanted to improve his career. I (we) think he has a good job - most of us don't make $9 million a year for playing a game nor do we have $50 million job security in reality - lol!

Go Big Blue!

Reactions: jonfreeman03
I like to make fun of Tech as much as anyone, but the state of their program today falls directly on Paul Johnson. George O'Leary had them at least competitive in the ACC and was the reason of Jim Donnan's firing, he couldn't beat them. Paul Johnson was an arrogant individual that looked down on HS coaches and had as little contact as possible. It was so bad and tickets were so cheap they were selling 3 game packages for less than 100$. Some of the single game ticket were 20$ and you got a burger from the varsity.

I don't know enough about PJ, Georgia HS football, or all the inner workings of relationships.

I do know the game changed, specifically on offense, and PJ didn't.

There's a lot of home talent I think would've stayed home with Gtech over the last 15+ years or so had they played a bit more modern offensive athlete-oriented ball.

Meyer, Saban, Miles, Dabo...all started taking off to the levels they did and didn't have a whole lot of resistance in Georgia. Sure, Dawgs got theirs, but after that there's still a lot of talent looking for a place to play who would have loved to stay home most likely, but Tech just wasn't appealing.

Dynamic athletes want to be in productive, dynamic offenses. Obviously QBs, TEs, and WRs would prefer essentially every other version of offense over the triple option, but even modern RBs we're making hay at all those other places. Tech can't even pitch ball hog RBs who want it when those other offenses/coaches are putting more RBs in highlight reels, in the pros, and on the Heisman podium.

As far as this Faulkner character. If he truly is the guy UK wants, I don't think the Atlanta area and Acc are going to be enough to keep him at Gtech.

I loathe Jones but he absolutely has football info that's as good as it gets. It's telling that he doesn't tweet about the search at all. Imo it means 1) stoops is being very close to the vest or 2) he asked Jones to not discuss anything.

Going to be interesting how it all turns out
If his info his so good then why don’t he throw his own guys a bone? Because they have zero info. Someone asked one of them during portal seasons why is there no updates and one of them can’t remember blamed the lack of updates on their bank account being hacked

Wandale and Will were good for each other. You make it big in the NFL, you do it own your own. Looks they both are doing just fine apart.
I agree. My point was WL probably never gets that opportunity if he had not transferred to UK AND had Wandale as WR1 to throw to.

When we played GT in the Gator Bowl in Jacksonville, I never met a more arrogant fanbase than the GT fans.

They beat us, but you would have thought we were playing the New England Patriots the way they talked and acted toward UK fans on the streets and in the bars/restaurants.

I can't stand GT fans.

We are all blindly speculating since there is zero even rumors being reported. I'll just say IMO the Browns announcing Tom Rees as TE coach the first of this week wasn't a door closing or a firm no on being UK OC. Not impossible he still ends up the hire. The connection with Wolford, it makes too much sense for both sides.

We are all blindly speculating since there is zero even rumors being reported. I'll just say IMO the Browns announcing Tom Rees as TE coach the first of this week wasn't a door closing or a firm no on being UK OC. Not impossible he still ends up the hire. The connection with Wolford, it makes too much sense for both sides.
This is my hope as well. Rees is the one guy who has been mentioned as a possibility that I want more than anyone. He would be a homerun. Great coach, great recruiter, high energy personality.

And like you, I don't think him being announced as the Brown's TE coach has diddly to do with our chances of getting him as an OC. People take jobs all the time only to leave them a week or two later to take a better one. I remember a few years ago we hired and announced that new RB coach from the NFL, only to lose him back to the NFL just days later. It is what it is.

When I made it from Lexington to Atlanta in 4 1/2 hrs. I said it was late at night. Apparently you missed my first post.
You must've averaged 80+mph. From the I-75 onramp at Athens-Boonesboro Road to the Buckhead area in NW Atlanta (and thus closer than downtown) is 365 miles. That's doable, but that's about the closest point in Lexington to the interstate.

Reactions: catben
You must've averaged 80+mph. From the I-75 onramp at Athens-Boonesboro Road to the Buckhead area in NW Atlanta (and thus closer than downtown) is 365 miles. That's doable, but that's about the closest point in Lexington to the interstate.
This is EXACTLY where I started and ended.

Reactions: entropy13
UK had 16th highest revenue in college sports. GT was 44th. Doesn't look like we are getting this dude anyway but it's wild people don't understand the conference payouts in '24... There is a very good reason FSU wants out.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Are you serious? UK football generates way more recent than basketball. Not even close. UK is better than at least 10 teams in the crappy acc. Beat your #2 team and division champ at their place last year . I'm not sure you know anything about anything related to football at this point.
That's a rivalry game.... terrible point. GT only lost by 8 to uga... but GT also lost to Bowling Green by 10+. That's apple to oranges. There are 4-5 teams in the ACC that would regularly beat Kentucky just like the SEC does.

GO JACKETS & CATS!

No, they love Athens, because he is a commutes. But Buster is important to Tech to get some credibility back with the Tech program around the state. Don't have many seasons left, but would like a little excitement in our rivalry. Just not much fun taking Tech's lunch money every year.

Have fun over paying for another OC ;) btw Brock wanted to come to GT and Buster shot it down. He prefers Haynes King.
Didn't you just give more money to your current OC because of us? Look dude. Dont make us hate you. We will ruin your entire program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT