ADVERTISEMENT

Buster faulkner

Facilities, prestige, assistant salary pool, recruiting budget, being the hegemon in your state…
Facilities are being updated as this is being typed at GT. over $100 million in updates.
Prestige? UK has zero to no football prestige. Basketball sure. Not many are better thanks to Rupp. Football? They are on the same level as South Carolina, or Rutgers.
Recruiting Budget - agreed. Curious of Stoops take on NIL. Is he of the Mack brown and throw money at HS kids? Or make them earn it due to production?
Louisville is not nearly far behind Kentucky as you might think. When was Kentuckys last Heisman winner? Louisville has been ranked far more often than Kentucky. If I am looking to win a natty I am going the path of least resistance and going to Louisville. Kentucky is not beating uga, Bama, LSU, Texas.

Reactions: BigTyrone
Facilities are being updated as this is being typed at GT. over $100 million in updates.
Prestige? UK has zero to no football prestige. Basketball sure. Not many are better thanks to Rupp. Football? They are on the same level as South Carolina, or Rutgers.
Recruiting Budget - agreed. Curious of Stoops take on NIL. Is he of the Mack brown and throw money at HS kids? Or make them earn it due to production?
Louisville is not nearly far behind Kentucky as you might think. When was Kentuckys last Heisman winner? Louisville has been ranked far more often than Kentucky. If I am looking to win a natty I am going the path of least resistance and going to Louisville. Kentucky is not beating uga, Bama, LSU, Texas.
The flaw in your argument is, most years, you still have to beat UGA, Bama, LSU, Texas, irrespective of where you play. Going to Louisville or GT doesn't avoid the reality that to win a championship you have to beat somebody good. I think the best players want to play against the best players and that's why the SEC recruits so well. The ACC just isn't a very good football conference and doesn't have the draw of the SEC or Big 10. Can the ACC change that? Maybe. Depending on what happens with the FSU lawsuit against the ACC, it may not even survive.

Beginning to think maybe Boise OC Hamden will be the pick. Was mentioned yesterday Morrow had started following him on Twitter.

Reactions: JasonRDunn
Beginning to think maybe Boise OC Hamden will be the pick. Was mentioned yesterday Morrow had started following him on Twitter.
His career seems strange to me. Hard to keep up with all the places he’s been. I haven’t taken the time to read it through tho.

Kentucky has all but owned Louisville for almost a decade. Wins have been over 100 extra points scored in the last 5 meetings. Blowouts mostly. Kentucky beat Louisville with its heisman winner on the team. Louisville was 10-1 in their crappy conference and 7-4 Ky beat them this year. They could get to the playoffs in that pathetic conference now that there will be 12 but they will get embarrassed if they do. If Louisville would have beaten Florida St. they would have gotten Georgia and it would have been a blood bath worse than Florida St. What good is making the playoffs and getting drilled by 50?? Do some research next time dude.

Last edited:
If Faulkner is a no go I say the QB son issue couldn't be worked out, and he'll be staying at GA Tech a couple more yrs. Don't blame him a bit, family should matter more to these coaches. think about your kids more and not about slowly improving your resume every year.
Understand these comments - but a few MILLION dollars would do a lot for your family don't you think? If Faulkner has better opportunities that is another question of course. I just hope we get someone that will open the offense like Faulkner did at Georgia Tech. I went to the Gasparilla Bowl. Wasn't going to watch any coaches or players - just going with a friend who was a UCF graduate. Tech put on a clinic in the second half and actually from the second quarter on - after UCF dominated them early. Their offense was really fun to watch and old Gus couldn't stop them!

Go Big Blue!

But the days of average ACC teams getting a chance to win a Natty is truly over. 3 years from now the playoffs will be 16 teams - don;t be suprised when 12 of them are from the SEC and Big 10. IF the ACC still exists and it still has Florida State, Miami and Clemson it might get a team or two in the playoffs. Those auto berths will be gone.

Having said that - you are absolutely correct about the past 15 years with Louisville and Kentucky - thankfully that era is over!

Go Big Blue!

P.S. I figured Ga. Tech will do everything to keep Faulkner - he showed me what I would want to see from my OC! Lexington is a great place - but like the saying goes - "There is no place like Home!"

You're in the ACC. Your conference may not have a future. Nobody is going to want GT in the Big or SEC. Sorry that's where it's at. History is out the window.

Kentucky football is certainly not higher than ACC as a whole. The only reason Kentucky football has money is the basketball program. When Calipari leaves at the end of the year enjoy being middle of the pack. ;)
I don’t know if this entire post is meant to be a joke . But if you believe this then that tells me you don’t know one thing about UK athletics .

Interesting development if it shakes out.

https://www.idahostatesman.com/spor...ty/boise-state-football/article283006358.html

(Paywall on the above can be circumvented by disabling Javascript, as you can do with many news sites. Just be sure to reenable it after you're done.)

Some info about BSU's offensive scheme:

https://www.idahostatesman.com/spor...ty/boise-state-football/article273688250.html

If you are talking UGA, Bama, Texas, LSU and maybe Oklahoma... sure.

Hell GT has more SEC championships than Kentucky. Tulane even has more. Kentucky has as many SEC championships as the Akron Zips. Just being in the SEC doesn't mean much if you're not winning. Kentucky is closer to Vandy than they are UGA/Bama/LSU/Texas.
Unless money actually means something

Who said Faulkner is a legit candidate?
It's all media speculation. Nobody really knows. If Faulkner is a candidate, it makes a certain amount of sense. But some other candidates would too. The bottom line is that no one outside the brain trust actually knows until a public annoincement is made.

https://www.idahostatesman.com/spor...ty/boise-state-football/article283006358.html

(Paywall on the above can be circumvented by disabling Javascript, as you can do with many news sites. Just be sure to reenable it after you're done.)

https://www.idahostatesman.com/spor...ty/boise-state-football/article273688250.html
That name sounds familiar. His name might have been bandied about here before Scangarello.

Kentucky football is certainly not higher than ACC as a whole. The only reason Kentucky football has money is the basketball program. When Calipari leaves at the end of the year enjoy being middle of the pack. ;)

Nope. It probably isn't worth responding, but misinformation is a nuisance here on the board. This month, UK is receiving our annual SEC football subsidy. This year the subsidy is >$51 million. This money primarily comes from UK's share of SEC bowl game royalties and the SEC TV football contract. But exclusive of the SEC subsidy, football is still the principle revenue source among the sports here. Basketball is also profitable here, always has been and always will be. But football is more profitable. So you know.

Beginning to look like Stoops was unprepared and having to reach. Not a good sign.

Because he is not rushing, you assume he is not ready. It takes a bit of time to interview, negotiate, and post the opening. Surely you have seen this done before. I'm glad this hire is not being rushed.

Reactions: Mulder14
Even though he complains about having to defend such things.
Yes. He openly admits it is the most difficult offense to defend against.

Makes absolutely no sense to me to keep trying to run a pro style offense when you don't have the personnel to run it, and very few of the top teams with NFL talent do.

Last edited:
I can’t believe you actually typed UK football has money because of UK basketball. I mean there are dumb takes, and there is stupidity. Any casual fan of sports would know how major college athletics are funded. Booger must be a ul fan here attempting to defend the “mighty” ACC.

Hmmmmm. Sounds like he is familiar with the Shanahan offense from the time he spent with the Atlanta Falcons in 2017. If he ends up being the guy, then it may be because Stoops wants to stick to the same basic offense Coen and Scang ran here. I'm not sure I like that.

Reactions: Coach Marrow
Hmmmmm. Sounds like he is familiar with the Shanahan offense from the time he spent with the Atlanta Falcons in 2017. If he ends up being the guy, then it may be because Stoops wants to stick to the same basic offense Coen and Scang ran here. I'm not sure I like that.
I read a quote from a 26 QB recruit. He said the offense will remain the same! FWIW

• Wow
Reactions: JasonRDunn
I wonder how well a guy of Palestinian and Pakistani descent who was born in Kuwait will do recruiting in the south?

I read a quote from a 26 QB recruit. He said the offense will remain the same! FWIW
Of course they did.

Oh, by the way. The offense will be a total mystery from what you've seen and made you interested in us. It might be the wishbone. So let's take your picture and get a verbal announcement, huh.

Where in the world is Bobo going to leave for? Flamed out at a G5 job. No NFL background like Monken has. Faulkner or anybody else waiting for the Georgia OC job better settle in a while.

Yeah I don't know where that is coming from. If he games out he might get fired, but I would be surprised if he left for another position. And Kirby does like Faulkner, but don't think he would be the OC, Kirby loves Todd Hartley, UGA's TE coach. He has had the seat next to Monken and Bobo in the booth the last few years and best recruiter on staff. If he isn't hired away before UGA needs an OC I believe the next one is him.

I really hope not. If this is who we end up hiring, I am going to be extremely disappointed. I think he would be another Scang disaster just waiting to happen. The guy has bounced around all over the country, basically having a different job every year dating back to 2012. That isn't good.

I also don't want to harp on ethnic and religious backgrounds, but I just can't see someone of Palestinian descent who was born in Kuwait being able to go into the homes of recruits located in the Bible Belt and winning over parents. I'm not saying I agree with that line of thinking, but I am familiar enough with the south to know it would be foolish to dismiss this as a concern.

🤣 This ****ing guy. What an idiot.

🤣

OR maybe one of Mark's AI spies let him know Vince's follower activities are being monitored, and he made Marrow erase it!

• Haha
Reactions: Rockford
Maybe Stoops is planning on bringing back Scang? He and Coen will swap the OC role each year, allowing each to work one year on and one year off. At this point, nothing would surprise me.

Yep, basketball makes 51 million per year each season and funds all of uk athletics. Just keep drinking that acc/gt koolaid. 🤪🤪

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I’m not saying uk is in bama, UGA or those’d schools level by any means but it’s a step above all but a few acc schools because of conference and the program is completely different than the old Ky. Now Faulkner may not take the job at UK but it won’t be cause gt is better. And Louisville winning a championship is laughable at best. Even with all those ranked teams they didn’t come close to that level.

Reactions: CatPatrick13
Are you serious? UK football generates way more recent than basketball. Not even close. UK is better than at least 10 teams in the crappy acc. Beat your #2 team and division champ at their place last year . I'm not sure you know anything about anything related to football at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT