ADVERTISEMENT

Burks?

He's come in the last 2 games--got lost and his man sprayed a 3 on him (Missouri) and then came into the game against A&M and had 2 plays he should've had at least 4 and possibly 5 pts--and ended up with 1 as he has anxious hands and tricks easy hoops. (Edwards does too so not sure why this excludes Burks)

Kentucky is going to shorten this rotation even more as they approach February but hope he is ready in case he has to bring some energy.

RIP Adou--back spasms the equivalent of kidney stones apparently.

Honestly idk. He's never gonna be a starter type here. Up to him if he's ok with that.
I don't know how you can confidently make that prognostication at this point. What have you seen from a freshman Burks playing very few minutes that makes you sure he is never going to be a starter type at UK?

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
He stated he wanted to be a 2 yr player and no hurry with getting away from CBB when he had signed/committed to Ole Miss before the firing of their HC. So we'll see if he has same approach after this year.
I'm thinking you may have seen Burks play a bit prior to this season. If so, what do you think about his long-term upside assuming he stayed at UK for at least 3 years?

He's come in the last 2 games--got lost and his man sprayed a 3 on him (Missouri) and then came into the game against A&M and had 2 plays he should've had at least 4 and possibly 5 pts--and ended up with 1 as he has anxious hands and tricks easy hoops. (Edwards does too so not sure why this excludes Burks)

Kentucky is going to shorten this rotation even more as they approach February but hope he is ready in case he has to bring some energy.

Pretty much this. He really just isn't ready.

"But Cal keeps giving Edwards minutes." Yup. Doesn't make sense either.

I can not even conceive that anything could hurt as bad as kidney stones. I’m 55, I’ve had two of them, and nothing else I’ve ever experienced is even comparable. I mean nothing. Not even close.

I can not even conceive that anything could hurt as bad as kidney stones. I’m 55, I’ve had two of them, and nothing else I’ve ever experienced is even comparable. I mean nothing. Not even close.
Agreed. Had them twice as well. No joke.

FWIW I get back spasms too. Kidney stones for the win.

Reactions: gojvc
I assume Burks is out of the rotation barring major foul trouble or injuries after his performance against the Aggies. That was something.

Reactions: ukfan041
I have had like 13 kidney stones. I caught them in a strainer. I am thinking about having them made in to rings. Think I will call them Getting Your Rocks off!!
I caught one of mine in the strainer. The other one had to be surgically removed. You don’t even want to know how they do that. 😂

I sympathize friend. I had a 9 millimeter stone stuck that forced me to ER, had a stent, then surgery last Monday to remove it via laser and the "powder" lasered down form had me pissing razor blades/blood for 2 days straight. But also got to pull out my own stent on Saturday BEFORE the A&M game. Would rather have put it in and repeated that than watch Cal's end of Half/game offense.

Back on topic--I don't think Adou is hurting that bad for the record. I'm being sarcastic.

I'm thinking you may have seen Burks play a bit prior to this season. If so, what do you think about his long-term upside assuming he stayed at UK for at least 3 years?
I hadn't--he was a guy I had correctly guessed upon the "mystery guy" who was coming to commit--and then just did what everyone else did and watched highlights. I think he'd be a damn good player if he stayed 2/3 yrs. He's not used to the role he's playing and seems a bit dispirited by losing minutes as season has progressed but when he's brought energy, he's done a great job.

I sympathize friend. I had a 9 millimeter stone stuck that forced me to ER, had a stent, then surgery last Monday to remove it via laser and the "powder" lasered down form had me pissing razor blades/blood for 2 days straight. But also got to pull out my own stent on Saturday BEFORE the A&M game. Would rather have put it in and repeated that than watch Cal's end of Half/game offense.

Back on topic--I don't think Adou is hurting that bad for the record. I'm being sarcastic.
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you’re doing better now. I did pick up on the sarcasm. I’ve never had back spasms but it sure doesn’t seem like something that would keep a strong young athlete out for this long. It’s strange.

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you’re doing better now. I did pick up on the sarcasm. I’ve never had back spasms but it sure doesn’t seem like something that would keep a strong young athlete out for this long. It’s strange.
My skepticism is more from how he's jumping up/down out of his seat. I've had them before-not prolonged but I had to lay on the floor in a classroom as it was too painful to sit. So that's all I can go off but then again, everyone has a different pain tolerance so....who the hell knows? Just tired of this program never having a full roster available.

Been a couple of years ago. Doc wanted me to bring my kidney stones for him to look. He said the biggest was like 5 1/2 millimeters. Did an X-ray and said I had a 14 millimeter in my kidney I grabbed my side and said let’s get it out.He busted it up and all went well. Couldn’t keep the wife off me she kept wanting to pull out my stent. I relented and let her pull out my stent one of the strangest things I have ever felt!!

The other one had to be surgically removed. You don’t even want to know how they do that. 😂

got to pull out my own stent

let her pull out my stent one of the strangest things I have ever felt!!
7b4433307f36a88a812793678a060fbe.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Catluv and gojvc
Any idea as to why he did not play?
Especially with AT still out with back issues, it would be nice to get him some playing time.
The lineup is down to the 8 guys who will play. I agree he deserves minutes but he will only play for foul trouble now.

Until you have had bad issues nobody understands. It’s not something you wanna come back too early from.

Do you think he returns?
I do, I think he signed with the intention of playing anywhere this year, and then being able to play his more natural spot. He did damn good playing and undersized forward tho so that will help him get minutes in the future.

I hadn't--he was a guy I had correctly guessed upon the "mystery guy" who was coming to commit--and then just did what everyone else did and watched highlights. I think he'd be a damn good player if he stayed 2/3 yrs. He's not used to the role he's playing and seems a bit dispirited by losing minutes as season has progressed but when he's brought energy, he's done a great job.
I think he knew exactly the type of minutes he would play when he signed.

I'm glad this thread about a guy that barely plays turned into a thread about kidney stones for no reason.

Old man talking bad about a college kid, bet that makes u feel like a real man. Feel sorry for your wife or husband.
he is just saying the truth. Edwards has been basically terrible. He missed at least 2 layups and missed a chance at a 3rd because he can't dribble. These are basic fundamentals of the game, that he apparently can not do.
Burks would have at least given maximum effort and gotten a rebound.

Reactions: tomrain
Skipped to the bottom.

Burks is not playing b/c a rotation has been established and he didn’t make it.

Happens every year on every team.

Reactions: UKhoopCat

But here’s the problem with a player like burks when it comes to cal. Burks didn’t come to UK with the hype nor was he on the draft boards. The two games you mentioned here he logged a single minute in each game. He doesn’t have a leash at all to play through his mistakes and even begin to get into the flow of a game. Edwards makes the same mistakes yet starts and continues getting an average of 18 minutes/game. Burks at least brings some energy onto the floor that is lacking in Edwards game. With Theiro out (and Edwards not coming around) Burks should have been getting more time on the floor. If only going to play him a minute might as well not play him at all.

I don't know how you can confidently make that prognostication at this point. What have you seen from a freshman Burks playing very few minutes that makes you sure he is never going to be a starter type at UK?
Exactly...same mindset as the people who mocked the possibility of an improved Ugo contributing to the team in his sophomore year

Reactions: G-PIP
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT