ADVERTISEMENT

Bump this thread when Indiana sucks

I did until I checked today and people and posted. When I started it I just did it joking around. Not sure he it even got here
Can you name ANY OTHER SCHOOL/FANBASE that gave put anything like "The Shot" on their phonebooks, on cups, popcorn boxes, played it at games, handed out Sweet 16 rings and banners, cut down the nets after losing a conference final game? That stuff is just nuts and embarrassing at any level. It makes you look like you count on that being your one shot at glory. Maybe it will be. Why don't your fans see this? It's as clown shoe as the candy stripes.

Can you name ANY OTHER SCHOOL/FANBASE that gave put anything like "The Shot" on their phonebooks, on cups, popcorn boxes, played it at games, handed out Sweet 16 rings and banners, cut down the nets after losing a conference final game? That stuff is just nuts and embarrassing at any level. It makes you look like you count on that being your one shot at glory. Maybe it will be. Why don't your fans see this? It's as clown shoe as the candy stripes.
Hey man that's all on Crean and we all couldn't wait until he was gone. The Zeller years got him his extension and they had to wait until the buyout was manageable after that.

iu has been to the elite eight one time in 24 years. their last title was 30 years ago. so that just goes away? :joy:
IU hasn't gone broke and the fan base is still large and cares. We've had bad coaches for a long time and an administration that didn't care much as the school keeps going farther and farther left but I think they finally did something right in hiring CAM. Problem is he's not a miracle worker. They'll still not be very good next year.

I haven't been in the state of Indiana for several months...but, WE all KNOW...IU SUCKS!!!! LONG LIVE IU's greatest coach... COACH TOM CREAN!!!

jOdS9.gif

Still sucking, lol!!!

Most IU fans had the same gut feeling about Crean. The truth is, superstars are few and far between. That said, no reason for judgement yet. Give him until February next season.
Meh, I dunno about "most IU fans". I certainly wasn't one of them. Felt it was a panic hitre, and a very bad one at that. His resume certainly didn't scream "High level, elite job". But the dude was a snake-oil salesman, man. He sold Indiana on his energy. His squeaky clean image was a huge factor. Just a bad hire all-around. Just sucks it took so long to realize.

As for Miller? He's going to win at Indiana. Watch his teams, man. Very sound. Good offensive scheme. His system values the basketball. Defensively his teams are a bear. I mean he actually teaches/coaches defense. His teams always play hard. Always a tough out. Now he is given the resources of an Indiana. I could be wrong, but I think this guy was a great hire.

Reactions: UKEE
Fan base did see it. Unfortunately we didn't have the authority to fire the guy responsible for it. You never saw this under Knight. Nor under Davis or Sampson. Indiana hired a clown. Thankfully the circus has finally left town.

Miller will be really good here. I met coach a few weeks back. Impressive guy. Very matter of fact. No smoke and mirrors like we got from Crean.

Reactions: UKEE
I miss CTC at IU(sedtobe). Please don't make this mistake IU and bring CTC back.....it's your only hope.

C'mon people...let's not lose focus with all the Diallo & Bamba talk happenin!

We may not know what those two are going to do...but I think we can all agree that Indiana
SUCKS!! (just the sanctimonious fans...not you Archie, at least not yet.)

Indiana is good.

Sorry, I messed up somethin' awful here. I don't know how to delete anything either. Alexa please delete this post. No don't po

Who is IU's rival? Purdue? Butler? They think it's us! THey really do! And they think that they are our biggest rival!!!! Seriously! I don't hate them. They are just weird!
[roll]:chairshot:

They used to be until we started dominating them. They are stuck in the 70's and 80's, poor bastards. I do think it's funny though.

Hey. Can someone dig up the thread when Indiana beat Kansas in Maui last year when some people on this board claimed Indiana was good, and I correctly predicted Indiana would NOT make the tournament.

I feel like I need to remind these few posters Indiana sucked then and sucks now.

Thanks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT