ADVERTISEMENT

Bump this thread when Indiana sucks

I love Archie. That's 2ht I've been all over the boards lately. I haven't been this excited about college bball in a long time. It's going to take him a few years to get his players in and I think he'll recruit really well it's not like his first class will be full of 5 star guys like A UK and Duke. It'll probably be 1 5 star and a few 4 star guys so it'll take them a year or two with a solid class behind them. So probably 3 years before they'll be good enough to win the conference. And the tournament you just never know.

Who cares.

But he did it the "right way". He gave you the "We're Back!" T-shirts. Watshot popcorn box. Sweet 16 rings.

Crean was a coaching God!!!!!
Haha that was a fun day. I think every IU fan remembers where they were for that shot. I've explained it before why that game was so big. Long story short they had sucked under Crean up till that year and you were ranked #1 plus it was UK so everyone was really up for it. I hated the Crean hire but I started to think I was wrong that year. That's when he started pulling in some good recruits so it looked like he was really going to be good but it lasted two years and we realized during the cuse game how bad of a game coach he was. I mean we knew he wasn't good but then we knew he was actually bad.

Reactions: UKEE
Hate them anyway but this clown waving a huge IU banner in the front row of the Cubs-Dodgers game just adds to it. I mean seriously dude for what possible reason could you want people to know that you're a Hoosier fan right now?

Haha that was a fun day. I think every IU fan remembers where they were for that shot. /QUOTE]

December 11th, 2011. Was in bed with pneumonia and my wife walked in at the exact moment that the shot was hit and asked me "How's the game going". All I could say is ugh! Now a few months later, when it mattered much more, the result was so much better.....just a blip on the path to #8!

Last edited:
It's gotta be pretty bad when rival fans won't even show up. I mean look at Kansas fans.. flamed out super early with a so-so region and they still are here posting. So you have to have had a pretty shit year to not come by.

Hate them anyway but this clown waving a huge IU banner in the front row of the Cubs-Dodgers game just adds to it. I mean seriously dude for what possible reason could you want people to know that you're a Hoosier fan right now?
Haha well we have Archie so we're excited. I'm a reds fan myself. If they can stay healthy they may make a run at the wildcard. They have a lot of good young arms and have some good players on the DL till June.

It's gotta be pretty bad when rival fans won't even show up. I mean look at Kansas fans.. flamed out super early with a so-so region and they still are here posting. So you have to have had a pretty shit year to not come by.
I like your board because it's always active. I'm on our board a lot obviously so it gets old and then I check out others. I'd say yours is the best as there's always new topics and people constantly posting.

December 11th, 2011. Was in bed with pneumonia and my wife walked in at the exact moment that the shot was hit and asked me "How's the game going". All I could say is ugh! Now a few months later, when it mattered much more, the result was so much better.....just a blip on the path to #8!
I would say that was some bad luck for Crean there. IU went in hot and had they been in any other region they probably make the final 4 but the committee wanted to make sure they got the rematch for ratings. UK was by far the best team that year. There really wasn't anyone all that close.

I like your board because it's always active. I'm on our board a lot obviously so it gets old and then I check out others. I'd say yours is the best as there's always new topics and people constantly posting.

186021ce313ff24d21525c701befb13f.jpg

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I've heard that before, our board is active, and that's why people come here.

Lol, I mean, that's fine I guess. I understand, the action is here. Still it cracks me up as many rivals don't understand where they are.

Like, you're a Yankees fan, In Boston for the weekend, and the bar down the block is popping off. Tons of commotion, looks like a good time. But it's still a Red Sox bar, and you have a Yankees shirt on. Yeah, it's a free country, sure. But it doesn't mean you're welcome there (not you, per se.. you seem fine).

Regardless, love that whole "Well, there's lots going on here!" Yeah? Watch from outside then.

I would say that was some bad luck for Crean there. IU went in hot and had they been in any other region they probably make the final 4 but the committee wanted to make sure they got the rematch for ratings. UK was by far the best team that year. There really wasn't anyone all that close.
You brought jokes with you. That is hilarious. Y'all barely beat VCU.

I've heard that before, our board is active, and that's why people come here.

Lol, I mean, that's fine I guess. I understand, the action is here. Still it cracks me up as many rivals don't understand where they are.

Like, you're a Yankees fan, In Boston for the weekend, and the bar down the block is popping off. Tons of commotion, looks like a good time. But it's still a Red Sox bar, and you have a Yankees shirt on. Yeah, it's a free country, sure. But it doesn't mean you're welcome there (not you, per se.. you seem fine).

Regardless, love that whole "Well, there's lots going on here!" Yeah? Watch from outside then.
I would have no problem in a UK bar. If they were playing IU I wouldn't go. Not because I would be scared to but it would be a bit disrespectful. But regardless of who they were playing I wouldn't go in there talking shit. I don't even do that on here. And it's just a basketball forum. Yeah we're fans of rival teams but I don't come here to be an idiot just to entertain myself like some do and IU has been bad so it's not like there's anything heated at the moment. In 2 or 3 years that may change and then I probably won't come over and post often but most people on here have been much friendlier than I expected them to be when I signed up a few weeks ago.

Reactions: midniter
Reactions: qwesley
You're Right I Remember The Game But You Have The Years Wrong. The next game we lost to syracuse. The previous year you beat us in the sweet 16 when IU was rolling and you went on to winning it all
Hey moron. I provided a freaking link to the game recap. It was played on March 17, 2012.

Unless IU had some weird arrangement to play 2013 tournament games a year early then you are completely wrong.

I'm not delusional I know IU isn't going to the final 4 next year. I know UK fully intends to make a run at the Championship but I think MSU is better if Bridges really comes back. I'm not being an ass I really think they're going to be that good. You better get Bam
I believe you are delusional.

That was the following year. You're think of when they were a 1 seed. That year they weren't playing all that well going into the tournament. I don't even remember who won that year.
In 2013, when you were the 1-seed, you beat James Madison. Barely beat Temple and lost to Syracuse.

No doubt. I mean VCU was 0-4 against P-5 schools. They were great.
They won their conference tournament and then upset wichita st to get to IU. It's not like they were terrible. Plus it was Crean vs Shaka so we had that going against us.

Last edited:
That really kind of makes my point for me. That 2012 team barely beat a Shaka Smart coached team. They weren't going to the Final Four in any region.
If you look back e end Cal said iu was playing well enough to make it in any other region.

Crean is a coaching God. He almost made it to the Elite-8 three times at IU. That was almost incredible.

No, it won't. We won't be able to make as much fun of the coach, but we can still make fun of the goofball fans. I know. I live with them.

I would have no problem in a UK bar. If they were playing IU I wouldn't go. Not because I would be scared to but it would be a bit disrespectful. But regardless of who they were playing I wouldn't go in there talking shit. I don't even do that on here. And it's just a basketball forum. Yeah we're fans of rival teams but I don't come here to be an idiot just to entertain myself like some do and IU has been bad so it's not like there's anything heated at the moment. In 2 or 3 years that may change and then I probably won't come over and post often but most people on here have been much friendlier than I expected them to be when I signed up a few weeks ago.

An Indiana fan that's worried about being disrespectful? Your coaches have been the absolute filth of college basketball. Your fans are pure trash. The reason your program is dead and an afterthought is because of this. What goes around comes around.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT