ADVERTISEMENT

Brock

For game 1, his footwork looked good, a little slow but effective.

Gotta give him more time, that interception/deflection off of a poor throw was something that most teams would take advantage of. Luckily, our defense caused a similar situation and we got the ball back.

I was hoping that having a georgia boy, we'd see more throwing but his coaches probably are steering him to think about ball protection.

Honestly, this guy on paper is legit. Its gonna come down to the strategies employed by the coaches whether Brock can be of any success.

Oh and a qb running the ball himself........yikes!

It works sometimes, but you see the injuries coming in a lot of situations.

I'm fine with the running in terms of them setting up future games.

Brock needs to be able to fake people out by threatening to run off rollouts/bootlegs or up the middle against teams playing off. Once he does, as he did against southern miss, it becomes something people have to game plan for and defenses have to react to in the heat of the moment. There is advantage to be gained there.

Also if we are going to be beat one of the teams better than us this year, it will probably involve a heroic scramble or two by Brock, unlikely we just magically get there with him camping out in the pocket and winging it against top tier pass rushes.

Last edited:
I'm fine with the running in terms of them setting up future games.

Brock needs to be able to fake people out by faking or threatening the run off rollouts/bootlegs or up the middle against teams playing off. Once he does, as he did against southern miss, it becomes something people have to game plan for and defenses have to react too in the heat of the moment. The is advantage to be gained there.

Also if we are going to be beat one of the teams better than us this year, it will probably involve a heroic scramble or two by Brock, unlikely we just magically get there with him camping out in the pocket.
Yeah, I know people freak out about the hits, but this is modern football. QBs need to be able to take hits.. That being said, he does need to know when to slide and give himself up. Because some of these SEC linemen hit HARD.

But a mobile QB is a good thing.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
The first INT had a lot of people get Leary flashbacks. But he settled down after that and his only other bad throw was the near pick 6. But I place some blame on BB for dropping the gimme pass right before that. That should’ve been 1st and 10. Stuff happens though.

He made some very accurate and tough throws tonight. He’s an SEC QB. We’re in good hands.
After the long delay I’m not gonna fault either team from coming out to a rough start. Defense started out a little dicey too, but both settled in after a couple of drives and played good ball. That’s what’s important. Being able to adjust and overcome a shaky start.

We should best SC by at least two scores next week. If it’s closer than that I’ll be a bit disappointed.

I give Brock a b+ before I give him a a+ I need to see him get better at orchestrating his 2nd and 3rd options first game he did fine

Reactions: CrimsonCats
He looks like a guy who hasn't had much game experience at this level but shows tremendous potential.

Sure he made some mistakes but he also showed a ton of heart.

I was most impressed by an incompletion. His ability to get some mustard on the pass where the safety/corner blitzed and still give thr wr a chance was impressive.

Another underrated aspect was that he throws a beautiful ball. We've had a few duck chuckers (Levis was a bit hit and miss here), and I wonder how that affected drops.

Needs to tighten up his delivery a bit, but I like what I saw.

I liked what I saw. Hung tough in the pocket when needed. Threw some darts. Played tough. One game, but don't think QB play is a problem.

What I really liked was his pocket awareness. That was the biggest difference I saw between him and Levis. Levis had little to no pocket awareness. Brock slid all over the pocket avoiding the rush, while keeping his eyes downfield. It was impressive. Many times he found his third option.

He’s got a cannon, too. Fleet of foot. Nifty QB. I think he should end up better than Levis.
Bingo. If Levis would have had it between the ears he would have been an All American.

Brock looked fantastic throwing on the move...and passing when the initial play breaks down.

In the pocket...he was iffy in first half and improved as the game wore on.

All in all, having a QB that can play in SEC was the biggest question.....I think we have a good answer at QB....I'm ready for the year.

Looked like a five star to me considering no starting game experience on this level. Runs well, scans the field well, calm in the pocket, takes hits without whining and a great arm.

Brock looked fantastic throwing on the move...and passing when the initial play breaks down.

In the pocket...he was iffy in first half and improved as the game wore on.

All in all, having a QB that can play in SEC was the biggest question.....I think we have a good answer at QB....I'm ready for the year.
This. He’s gonna be fine. Just gotta see if our WRs are up to the task. We only had one bad drop. All night so that’s a good start.

He looked like a real deal 5* QB who an elite tier program like UGA would recruit.

I feel like he just popped unlike all the QBs we've had since Woodson. Maybe it was partly because of Hamdan offense/play calling and everyone around him, but he looked the part.

Levis was nice, but there was a freak of nature/project type of rawness to him and the offense was clunky. Kind of like a Cal recruit. Had all the talent in the world, probably going pro, may even have a career at the next level, but it's not all coming together right now at this level with this team and coach/staff. Maybe that was Scang and LC, the talent around him...who knows but BV just looks different. He and the O moved with a sense of purpose and urgency. There was a nice rhythm to everything.

For game 1, his footwork looked good, a little slow but effective.

Gotta give him more time, that interception/deflection off of a poor throw was something that most teams would take advantage of. Luckily, our defense caused a similar situation and we got the ball back.

I was hoping that having a georgia boy, we'd see more throwing but his coaches probably are steering him to think about ball protection.

Honestly, this guy on paper is legit. Its gonna come down to the strategies employed by the coaches whether Brock can be of any success.

Before the cancelation, his last drive they had him throwing a few deep balls. If the game didnt end im betting the stats would of been alot better

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT