ADVERTISEMENT

Brock

For game 1, his footwork looked good, a little slow but effective.

Gotta give him more time, that interception/deflection off of a poor throw was something that most teams would take advantage of. Luckily, our defense caused a similar situation and we got the ball back.

I was hoping that having a georgia boy, we'd see more throwing but his coaches probably are steering him to think about ball protection.

Honestly, this guy on paper is legit. Its gonna come down to the strategies employed by the coaches whether Brock can be of any success.

Is there truth to the story that he kicked a chair after the game and broke his toe? That was the story
No. He injured it in the first half.
He was running well to begin the game, then he hobbled off the field, there were reports he was getting it looked at by sideline reporter.

Reactions: ganner918
Oh and a qb running the ball himself........yikes!

It works sometimes, but you see the injuries coming in a lot of situations.

I'm fine with the running in terms of them setting up future games.

Brock needs to be able to fake people out by threatening to run off rollouts/bootlegs or up the middle against teams playing off. Once he does, as he did against southern miss, it becomes something people have to game plan for and defenses have to react to in the heat of the moment. There is advantage to be gained there.

Also if we are going to be beat one of the teams better than us this year, it will probably involve a heroic scramble or two by Brock, unlikely we just magically get there with him camping out in the pocket and winging it against top tier pass rushes.

Last edited:
I'm fine with the running in terms of them setting up future games.

Brock needs to be able to fake people out by faking or threatening the run off rollouts/bootlegs or up the middle against teams playing off. Once he does, as he did against southern miss, it becomes something people have to game plan for and defenses have to react too in the heat of the moment. The is advantage to be gained there.

Also if we are going to be beat one of the teams better than us this year, it will probably involve a heroic scramble or two by Brock, unlikely we just magically get there with him camping out in the pocket.
Yeah, I know people freak out about the hits, but this is modern football. QBs need to be able to take hits.. That being said, he does need to know when to slide and give himself up. Because some of these SEC linemen hit HARD.

But a mobile QB is a good thing.

The first INT had a lot of people get Leary flashbacks. But he settled down after that and his only other bad throw was the near pick 6. But I place some blame on BB for dropping the gimme pass right before that. That should’ve been 1st and 10. Stuff happens though.

He made some very accurate and tough throws tonight. He’s an SEC QB. We’re in good hands.
After the long delay I’m not gonna fault either team from coming out to a rough start. Defense started out a little dicey too, but both settled in after a couple of drives and played good ball. That’s what’s important. Being able to adjust and overcome a shaky start.

We should best SC by at least two scores next week. If it’s closer than that I’ll be a bit disappointed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT