ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Bowen

Cindog28

All-American
Sep 9, 2004
Shepherdsville, KY
http://www.thestate.com/sports/coll...ina/usc-mens-basketball/article210628199.html

Brian Bowen 'absolutely loves it' at South Carolina. Will the NCAA let him stay?

Brian Bowen plans to participate in next week’s NBA draft combine. Jason Setchen, Bowen’s lawyer, confirmed as much Monday.

“He absolutely loves it there,” Setchen told The State. “He doesn’t want to leave. He’s in a great place, he’s comfortable. He went through all that hardship at Louisville, and he landed at South Carolina. He loves the people there, he’s been embraced by the program.

Bowen, Setchen, Martin and USC have been waiting on the NCAA’s ruling for months.

“Every student-athlete, including Brian, has the right to due process, if nothing else,” Setchen said. “And we feel as though we have not been afforded that – and it’s a point of frustration. The hope is that the NCAA will make their best efforts to give us some direction prior to the withdraw deadline, which is 10 days after the combine has concluded.

:popcorn:

I believe 100% he/or his family took money to play at U6, but it's kinda of a d-bag move by the NCAA to not have made a decision on his eligibility yet. Although his name isn't on any mock draft and hasn't played 1 single game since the Jordan Brand Classic, then does he take a chance on being suspended for multiple games by the NCAA or just stay in the draft (g-league or play overseas) ?

Tough decision, imo.

Probably because he will take a pay cut. There's no denying he and his family got paid. The only way they would consider it, is if he admitted to it and paid back the money but that won't happen. See enes, we t tied that with him and he paid the money back but was still ineligible even though he never touched the money. dude is wasting his time go to the league get your late first round pick guaranteed money and play your ass off. He will never play colllege ball, with his name being tied to that money even if it weren't true but we know it is. He can love the cocks all he wants but he will never play a game there

Hell no he can't play. After all this in what NCAA rules are after all they did to coaches and programs in the past??? NO HE WON'T PLAY.

South Carolina was dumb for pretending to take him. I’m sorry. He won’t play. It isn’t happening, and then they make their program look bad by association for absolutely no reason at all.

Reactions: -BBH- and Cindog28
I don't think he should be allowed to play. I just do not have enough faith in the NCAA to make that decision.

All the people in the world can say what a great kid he is, (I'm sure he probably is), but his family stayed at the Galt House for free and there seems to be a paper trail longer than the Yellow Brick Rd.

Lawyers cost money. Amazing having a lawyer as a spoke's person but are assumed to be poor. Yeah I guess a lawyer will work on a promise as long as it is in writing but not too many do that without some assurances. Hmmm...

I don't think he should be allowed to play. I just do not have enough faith in the NCAA to make that decision.

All the people in the world can say what a great kid he is, (I'm sure he probably is), but his family stayed at the Galt House for free and there seems to be a paper trail longer than the Yellow Brick Rd.
One thing we know for sure. He could never play for Kentucky. Had he chose UK after getting booted out at UL the NCAA would have nixed that in a New York minute.

He will never play one minute of college ball, IMO. He/his family, took $$$$. Game over.
That’s my take too. He’s good enough offensively to wind up in the NBA at some point even if he has to play in the GL or overseas first.

He only went to USCjr to use their facilities and practice with their players. He knew he would never play a minute for USCjr.

Is everybody a victim of Adidas buying players? The poor coaches on tape, the poor schools who retain the poor coaches and the poor players receiving a hundred thousand. The poor fans of those poor schools, poor things.

Yet I guarantee those cheating crooks would be up in arms had this happened at UK. So touch them all including the media who only protests when UK is the story. They are all disingenuous pieces of ish.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
This seems like something that could be resolved in five seconds.

"Hey, you know Brian Bowen? The kid who took $100k to commit to Louisville?"

"Yeah."

"Is he eligible?"

"Of course not."

/scene

Reactions: JDHoss and Cindog28
Hell no he can't play. After all this in what NCAA rules are after all they did to coaches and programs in the past??? NO HE WON'T PLAY.
If he does and anyone ever says the NCAA has a shred of credibility they should be laughed out of whatever position they hold.

Reactions: Cindog28
This seems like something that could be resolved in five seconds.

"Hey, you know Brian Bowen? The kid who took $100k to commit to Louisville?"
"Yeah."
"Is he eligible?"
"Of course not."

Actually, it would go like this...
"Mr. Emmert! We're gonna rule that Bowen kid inelllgible."
"He's at SC right?" "Yeah." "They play UK?? He plays.".
"The FBI has him on tape?!?! He got paid $100,000!!" "He PLAYS!!!"

To me this is no different from the Enes Kanter situation at Kentucky in 2011 when it was reported Kanter and his family received $33,000 and $20,000 of that $33,000 was towards his education expenses. The Kanter's was going to payback the amount that the NCAA had said they received but the NCAA still ruled him permanently Ineligible to play at UK. Bowen's attorney is saying that it was his family that received the $100,000 that UL gave them and that Bowen didn't know anything about the money to his parents. To me that should not matter if the player doesn't know it still benefits the family for receiving the $100,000 cash gift from UL. I would think that the NCAA would rule the same here that he will be Permanently Ineligible to play in the NCAA with his family accepting the $100,000.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT