ADVERTISEMENT

Before the SC game started, I knew I should ask someone to remind me ...

Ripcord65

Senior
Apr 29, 2009
Friends: I hope that this will be my only post in the wake of the debacle that is now happening in Columbia, SC. At this moment, the Calipari-led U.K. Wildcats are down 17 points to South Carolina, with a little over 5 minutes to play in the game.

I typed this post before the game started. Then I decided not to post it ... Calipari is a target that's just too easy ! But ... realizing (as I do now) that I might wish I had gone ahead and put up this post before the game, I copied the draft of the post and saved it as a MS Word document. I'm glad I saved it. Here's what I wrote as the post that I started to put up before the game, but didn't:

I'm being overwhelmed by a wave of optimism, with respect to the South Carolina game, in particular, and with respect to the remaining season, the SEC Tournament, and the NCAA Tournament. But such waves of optimism, even as short as most of them have been in the past decade, have invariably deepened the inevitable crash of disappointment. These waves of optimism are just not good for me. Would someone please remind me who is sitting in the head coach's chair !

Ah yes ... suffering the disappointments at the hands of John Vincent Calipari ... it's just the lot of us U.K. fans who remember better days -- infinitely better days !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT