ADVERTISEMENT

Braylon Mullins

Does anyone else feel like Mullins is the type of recruit that fits Pope's system better than a guy like Jasper Johnson? Being a Kentucky kid, I naturally want Jasper...but I feel like Mullins is a better fit. All in for Mullins IMO....Go CATS!
Mullins is a more consistent shooter and plays super hard 100% of the time. Johnson is a more streaky shooter and sometimes lets up if shots aren't falling. JMO

Does anyone else feel like Mullins is the type of recruit that fits Pope's system better than a guy like Jasper Johnson? Being a Kentucky kid, I naturally want Jasper...but I feel like Mullins is a better fit. All in for Mullins IMO....Go CATS!

What exactly makes you think Mullins is a better “type of recruit” than Jasper?

I want kentucky kifds that sees the oppittnity in the long run of a lifetime not the short term of NIL or the unknowns of the NBA

Just don't promise either one anything. Perry, Chandler and Oweh are all really good. Will have to compete with them at the two guard positions.
We have a deep, experienced roster, which is very nice. How many total minutes do you think Perry, Chandler and Noah will each play this season ?? For example, here are the career minutes progressions for Willis and Hawkins, as members of talented rosters. They had to wait their turn ...

We have a deep, experienced roster, which is very nice. How many total minutes do you think Perry, Chandler and Noah will each play this season ?? For example, here are the career minutes progressions for Willis and Hawkins, as members of talented rosters. They had to wait their turn ...
Just a wild guess Perry and Chandler 12-14 minutes and Noah 5-8?

Reactions: megablue
I will answer. Lot better shooter, better assist guy, better rebounder, less turnovers. Jasper has the advantage in athleticism and able to drive it / create for himself than Mullins, but with the careless ball handling and awful shot from 3, Mullins is more dependable and actually will create shots for teammates. Which is why he averaged 6.5 APG. Averaged 6.2 Rebounds, and over 3 steals. That is how.

Now your turn, tell me how Jasper is better than Mullins ??? I hope you are not just looking at the # beside the players name.

What is that feeling you have based on? I trust Pope on this matter because I am certain that his decision will be based on tangible things vs intangible feelings.

Last edited:
UConn thinks he's a top 10 player in this class (which is an excellent class) and they hosted him for his first OV on August 1st. They've told him they expect him to be a 1 and done player too.

Mullins is an elite talent. He's athletic, tough, and a big time shot maker.
RDF, who do you think ends up getting Mullins?

I only took a couple of minutes to think about it. I would not have expected Perry to play much at all but the way they are talking he sounds like the best shooter on the team. And Chandler is a three level scorer, not a lot like that.

I heard last year that Reed Sheppard would only get mop up minutes his first year.

XOhCwBD.gif

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
UConn thinks he's a top 10 player in this class (which is an excellent class) and they hosted him for his first OV on August 1st. They've told him they expect him to be a 1 and done player too.

Mullins is an elite talent. He's athletic, tough, and a big time shot maker.
This right here!!! Ralph is absolutely on point as usual! Put me down as one that believes Mullins will actually be more lethal from deep than Reed was for us last year! Yes I know that’s lofty but I’m telling you, this kid is LIGHTS OUT! As in lights out like I haven’t seen in years! Give me MULLINS all day over Jasper. And that hurts me to say about a beloved Kentucky kid but it is what it is.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan

What is it with this guy??

"I think UK could win a lot of games this year!"
"Oh yeah, explain how you think they're going to 'win' these games?"

Wash, rinse, repeat.. every UK basketball related thread.

RDF, who do you think ends up getting Mullins?
I don't know. I do laugh how basically everyone who does recruiting in the media doesn't even consider UConn a threat for any player when they are taking visits there. Friend thinks UConn will be in final 2 with either UK or Duke. Comes down the OV's. Michigan could be a sleeper in this according to others who I don't know as well but seem to know what's going on with his recruitment. Nobody expects it to be IU.

I'm not saying that Perry or Noah will but with the transfer portal and NIL the days of waiting your turn are over for the most part. Guys will leave and go to a different school every year if they feel they need to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT