ADVERTISEMENT

Braylon Mullins

Does anyone else feel like Mullins is the type of recruit that fits Pope's system better than a guy like Jasper Johnson? Being a Kentucky kid, I naturally want Jasper...but I feel like Mullins is a better fit. All in for Mullins IMO....Go CATS!
Mullins is a more consistent shooter and plays super hard 100% of the time. Johnson is a more streaky shooter and sometimes lets up if shots aren't falling. JMO

Does anyone else feel like Mullins is the type of recruit that fits Pope's system better than a guy like Jasper Johnson? Being a Kentucky kid, I naturally want Jasper...but I feel like Mullins is a better fit. All in for Mullins IMO....Go CATS!

What exactly makes you think Mullins is a better “type of recruit” than Jasper?

I'll take either one, both are highly recruited kids who can play. Mullins could become another in a long line of Indiana guards who shined at Kentucky. Johnson has family ties to Kentucky and is a local kid, we can't go wrong either way.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
I want kentucky kifds that sees the oppittnity in the long run of a lifetime not the short term of NIL or the unknowns of the NBA

Just don't promise either one anything. Perry, Chandler and Oweh are all really good. Will have to compete with them at the two guard positions.
We have a deep, experienced roster, which is very nice. How many total minutes do you think Perry, Chandler and Noah will each play this season ?? For example, here are the career minutes progressions for Willis and Hawkins, as members of talented rosters. They had to wait their turn ...

We have a deep, experienced roster, which is very nice. How many total minutes do you think Perry, Chandler and Noah will each play this season ?? For example, here are the career minutes progressions for Willis and Hawkins, as members of talented rosters. They had to wait their turn ...
Just a wild guess Perry and Chandler 12-14 minutes and Noah 5-8?

Who are you taking minutes from?

All these upperclassmen didn't come to UK not to play.
I only took a couple of minutes to think about it. I would not have expected Perry to play much at all but the way they are talking he sounds like the best shooter on the team. And Chandler is a three level scorer, not a lot like that.

What exactly makes you think Mullins is a better “type of recruit” than Jasper?
I will answer. Lot better shooter, better assist guy, better rebounder, less turnovers. Jasper has the advantage in athleticism and able to drive it / create for himself than Mullins, but with the careless ball handling and awful shot from 3, Mullins is more dependable and actually will create shots for teammates. Which is why he averaged 6.5 APG. Averaged 6.2 Rebounds, and over 3 steals. That is how.

Now your turn, tell me how Jasper is better than Mullins ??? I hope you are not just looking at the # beside the players name.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT