ADVERTISEMENT

Branham doesn't think Ivisic ends up at UK

on the other hand, if you want to get rid of Cal, the only fireable offense in his contract is running afoul of NCAA rules.

If they really wanted Cal gone, they would look the other way, leak to the NCAA we have an ineligible player (not sure that his issues is ineligible, but play along) and end up forfeiting some games , which is cause in the contract to save them $40m.

so my gut feel is the UK admissions office is doing what they were hired to do, protect the interest of UK to insure 1988/89 never happens again, even if that means they are over zealous in their job.

Excellent point...

Pilgrim said he got another negative text today, re: Z. Says backup plan would only come to fruition if there is another injury or setback with Bradshaw/Ugo...would be a Cyril January enroll.

It’s not CALs fault the admissions department are being ridiculous and letting the guy/replacement in. I get being upset at cal for some things but this is not his fault at all
Yeah, but Cal mismanaged the portal. We discussed it at length through the early summer. Cal waited on Oscar for some reason and missed out on a lot of good bigs that would have been as good, or better than Z.
I have no idea why he thought Oscar was coming back. Oscar even told him to try to bring in other players. It seems like Cal.is always scrambling to find pieces late in the game almost every year.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
Yeah, but Cal mismanaged the portal. We discussed it at length through the early summer. Cal waited on Oscar for some reason and missed out on a lot of good bigs that would have been as good, or better than Z.
I have no idea why he thought Oscar was coming back. Oscar even told him to try to bring in other players. It seems like Cal.is always scrambling to find pieces late in the game almost every year.
I will agree with that for sure, I just think mixing the two isn’t fair on cal, it’s clear somebody or a group in that admissions deparment is trying to make a statement to cal and the basketball program

Reactions: Fox2monk
I'm telling ya, I keep thinking this is a power play to create animosity between Cal and the board, and at the same time handicapping Cal to force a lack luster season to get the fans even more upset with Cal. If the school wanted Cal gone, and save money, it's a smart play. Just my conspiracy theorist brain though.
Hope you stretched before that giant reach. Conspiracy brain = lack of critical thinking skills.

I will agree with that for sure, I just think mixing the two isn’t fair on cal, it’s clear somebody or a group in that admissions deparment is trying to make a statement to cal and the basketball program
You lost me. Mixing what two things?

Honestly, I don't think it's clear that the admissions department is sending a message. I think it’s clear we don't have all the information about what's going on.

It’s more likely there is a huge red flag with regards to Z's qualifications and we probably don't know what it is, because it could make Z look bad.

You lost me. Mixing what two things?

Honestly, I don't think it's clear that the admissions department is sending a message. I think it’s clear we don't have all the information about what's going on.

It’s more likely there is a huge red flag with regards to Z's qualifications and we probably don't know what it is, because it could make Z look bad.
Mixing CALs earlier mistakes with what the admissions department is doing now, the two aren’t events that play off one another in any way, and some are pairing the two to get shots off at cal. I don’t believe the red flags with Z, it’s Kentucky admissions department being petty.

It’s not CALs fault the admissions department are being ridiculous and letting the guy/replacement in. I get being upset at cal for some things but this is not his fault at all
We wouldn't be in this situation if Cal had resolved the big man issue instead of waiting around for Oscar.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Of course that assumes a top big man would sign with KY with Oscar still undecided and looking like he might go undrafted.

The portal is a 2 way street, and its fantasy to assume a TOP big man wouldn't factor everything in before coming to UK. And having Oscar and the 7ft freshman (and with about a 2 week Ugo) ....... it was a tall order until Oscar decided, and still tough until the injuries.

All this fretting over a back up that will see the floor 5 minutes a game once he's here.

WTF is wrong with some of you?

You gotta look for reasons to hate?
Lol Do your homework before you act holier than thou hombre.
Dude is a projected 1st rounder is over 7 feet tall and has handles, passing and shooting skills like a damn guard.
May very well have been the best player or at least most impactful player on UK.
Huge loss.
PS How bought them Cincinnati Reds?

Mixing CALs earlier mistakes with what the admissions department is doing now, the two aren’t events that play off one another in any way, and some are pairing the two to get shots off at cal. I don’t believe the red flags with Z, it’s Kentucky admissions department being petty.
Ah, I gotcha. Yeah, I agree.

But I think what they are saying is that Cal shouldn't even be in this position. If he didn’t wait on Oscar, who said he wasn't coming back, he would have grabbed one or two good 5's out of the portal before they committed elsewhere.

It’s crazy how he ended up landing Mitchell. Can you imagine how screwed we would be if Huggs didn’t get fired?

Of course that assumes a top big man would sign with KY with Oscar still undecided and looking like he might go undrafted.

The portal is a 2 way street, and its fantasy to assume a TOP big man wouldn't factor everything in before coming to UK. And having Oscar and the 7ft freshman (and with about a 2 week Ugo) ....... it was a tall order until Oscar decided, and still tough until the injuries.
Oscar made it very clear he wasn't returning. Cal is the one that was holding out hope he was coming back, but Oscar and Chris made it very clear they were not returning.

It was weird how Cal held on to the hope that both of those guys were coming back. Heck, Klutch was crushing Cal for how he played Chris, they weren't letting him come back, but Cal acted like he was. Stupid move.

General article in LexHerald this morning on general UK admissions, mid-semester enrollment, etc.. (may be behind paywall)

maybe I'm just being glass half full person, but the fact that we have heard nothing, including BigZ asking out of his LOI, indicates he and UK are still working on some options.
From that article, and Blanton was consulted, Ivisic could have till mid-October to get enrolled. Sounds to me like there's a good chance he will be part of the team. I was getting pessimistic until seeing this. Good work by Ben Roberts.

From that article, and Blanton was consulted, Ivisic could have till mid-October to get enrolled. Sounds to me like there's a good chance he will be part of the team. I was getting pessimistic until seeing this. Good work by Ben Roberts.
Did roberts write this today

Hope that's true and UK is being proactive. Still insane it's taking this long

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT