ADVERTISEMENT

Branham doesn't think Ivisic ends up at UK

I listened... here is my update I posted on HOB..

Branham/Pilgrim...

on Big Z - Said there is more going on behind the scenes, than maybe has been known/rumored. Doesn't think he ends up at UK unless a "hail mary" happens at the last moment. DePaul is current rumored potential destination.

Asked about Somto coming in mid-season. Doesn't think that happens, and Travis said he needs another year of college.

Predicted UK loses most of current roster at end of season.. only 3-5 players will be back (Reed, Ugo, Thiero, Burks,,,).. 2024 is weak class. Thinks UK probably only signs 3-4 guys from HS... and rest from portal and international. Travis does not think the BigZ thing hurts UK with future international players.

Boogie Fland visit went really well. Thinks UK leads but Indiana is team to beat. All their coaches flying in to visit him tonight, to try and turn things around from the UK visit.
Gonna need Bradshaw and Ugonna to be healthy to go with Tre down low. We still have huge upside down low if things pan out but margin for error is obviously much smaller with one less potential big impact post player.

Reactions: Fox2monk
The high tide of the Cal era was the Notre Dame win in the Elite Eight during the 2015 Final Four run. Since then, it's been nothing but drama.

1. Transfers
2. Players who never show up and actually play
3. Guys who leave for the NBA who should have stayed
4. Higgins
5. UNC buzzer beater
6. Wisconsin meltdown
7. KSU meltdown in 2018
8. Auburn meltdown in 2019
9. Shaedon Sharpe
10. Duke dominating us in recruiting
11. St. Peter's
12. 9-16
13. 2nd round loss to KSU
14. Wheeler
15. Ivisic
16. Nike turning on us
17. Booster issues with Cal
18. Barnhart issues with Cal
19. UK president issues with Cal

Nothing has gone smoothly during any of those seasons since 2015.

Cal is done here.

Gonna need Bradshaw and Ugonna to be healthy to go with Tre down low. We still have huge upside down low if things pan out but margin for error is obviously much smaller with one less potential big impact post player.
No. There is no silver lining if we lose Ivisic. Cal needs the cupboard to be full in order to even have a chance. He'll be a player or two short again this year and UK won't go anywhere. Your optimism is exactly what we've heard since 2015. It never pans out.

Come on man...it is seriously neverending...

Most folks were being this team before they ever heard Ivisic's name. People just want to win.

Makes no sense for Cal to do this at all.
How is my theory any more offensive to you than the unfounded and unproven accusations against our admissions staff?

• Haha
Reactions: jjsomer
Because I’m in denial and in one of the 5 stages, I’m gonna go with fake hope now. The admissions person realizes they are being ridiculous and by 12 or lunch time tomorrow big Z is eligible, you heard it here first

How is my theory any more offensive to you than the unfounded and unproven accusations against our admissions staff?

It isn't offensive. There would have to be facts that come out beyond what we know to be true. My point is Calipari was in a better place with fans before adding Ivisic than he was 6 months ago. He was probably in his best place since before COVID season.

If Ivisic truly has dyslexia, speaks proper English, has good enough academic record and is simply not being admitted due to one section of an English reading test where he was not provided proper accomodations (due to his disability), then UK is just wrong.

I would have to think there are 100's of examples of atheletes who've a worse academic record and been admitted to UK. Again, assuming the above is true.

Last edited:
No. There is no silver lining if we lose Ivisic. Cal needs the cupboard to be full in order to even have a chance. He'll be a player or two short again this year and UK won't go anywhere. Your optimism is exactly what we've heard since 2015. It never pans out.
The high tide of the Cal era was the Notre Dame win in the Elite Eight during the 2015 Final Four run. Since then, it's been nothing but drama.

1. Transfers
2. Players who never show up and actually play
3. Guys who leave for the NBA who should have stayed
4. Higgins
5. UNC buzzer beater
6. Wisconsin meltdown
7. KSU meltdown in 2018
8. Auburn meltdown in 2019
9. Shaedon Sharpe
10. Duke dominating us in recruiting
11. St. Peter's
12. 9-16
13. 2nd round loss to KSU
14. Wheeler
15. Ivisic
16. Nike turning on us
17. Booster issues with Cal
18. Barnhart issues with Cal
19. UK president issues with Cal

Nothing has gone smoothly during any of those seasons since 2015.

Cal is done here.
Im not liking you very much right now. I need this to be our year.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
on the other hand, if you want to get rid of Cal, the only fireable offense in his contract is running afoul of NCAA rules.

If they really wanted Cal gone, they would look the other way, leak to the NCAA we have an ineligible player (not sure that his issues is ineligible, but play along) and end up forfeiting some games , which is cause in the contract to save them $40m.

so my gut feel is the UK admissions office is doing what they were hired to do, protect the interest of UK to insure 1988/89 never happens again, even if that means they are over zealous in their job.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
on the other hand, if you want to get rid of Cal, the only fireable offense in his contract is running afoul of NCAA rules.

If they really wanted Cal gone, they would look the other way, leak to the NCAA we have an ineligible player (not sure that his issues is ineligible, but play along) and end up forfeiting some games , which is cause in the contract to save them $40m.

so my gut feel is the UK admissions office is doing what they were hired to do, protect the interest of UK to insure 1988/89 never happens again, even if that means they are over zealous in their job.

If the NCAA frets over one player being admitted on a waiver to just a university's rules, then they have got nothing to do.

It isn't offensive. There would have to be facts that come out beyond what we know to be true. My point is Calipari was in a better place with fans before adding Ivisic than he was 6 months ago. He was probably in his best place since before COVID season.

If Ivisic truly has dyslexia, speaks proper English, has good enough academic record and is simply not being admitted due to one section of an English reading test where he was provided proper accomodations (due to his disability), then UK is just wrong.

I would have to think there are 100's of examples of atheletes who've a worse academic record and been admitted to UK. Again, assuming the above is true.
If that account is true then I would agree with you. However, there just isn’t any evidence pointing to that being the case. Also, as a general principle, colleges are pretty liberal nowadays. So I just can’t imagine a scenario where a college bars a case like that from enrollment.

I could be wrong, after all my take is just a theory. But that’s all anyone has right now- they’re all just theories. Maybe time will tell but I doubt we uncover the truth for quite some time.

Depaul also sucks, so what a strange potential spot for someone who people say is an NBA player in a year or two
Calipari doesn't want him at UK. But, he also doesn't want him at another contender. So, he has arranged for Z to attend Depaul. #dumbasses

Surely other schools have deadlines to register as well. Is there some point where it just becomes he has to register in January?
I stated a few days ago I think he ends up at Oregon or Washington...because they are on the quarter system and classes don't start until late September. The only programs from major conferences that are on the quarter system that he would potentially consider would be:

DePaul
Northwestern
Oregon State
Stanford
UCLA
Oregon
Washington

I would bet he ends up at one of those as they still have 2-3 weeks to get things figured out until classes start.

If that account is true then I would agree with you. However, there just isn’t any evidence pointing to that being the case. Also, as a general principle, colleges are pretty liberal nowadays. So I just can’t imagine a scenario where a college bars a case like that from enrollment.

I could be wrong, after all my take is just a theory. But that’s all anyone has right now- they’re all just theories. Maybe time will tell but I doubt we uncover the truth for quite some time.

I hear ya.

It’s just mind blowing that a player, who announced, committed to UK, was announced by the coach and by the school, is now rumored to be favoring DePaul. That’s just some unbelievable icing on the cake of recent bad luck with the program..
It's because they are on the quarter system most likely. As I just posted, only 7 schools from major conferences are on the quarter system and classes don't start until late September. At this point, I would think those 7 schools are the only possibilities

It's because they are on the quarter system most likely. As I just posted, only 7 schools from major conferences are on the quarter system and classes don't start until late September. At this point, I would think those 7 schools are the only possibilities
Nice investigative work!

This is something that no one here has any insight to, yet every conspiracy theory is crazier than the last. It’s a mental ward in here with the right firestarter
You’re not allowed to call out their made up BS. They can even spell Barnhart but know intimate details of his motivations.

Reactions: thedahc
I stated a few days ago I think he ends up at Oregon or Washington...because they are on the quarter system and classes don't start until late September. The only programs from major conferences that are on the quarter system that he would potentially consider would be:

DePaul
Northwestern
Oregon State
Stanford
UCLA
Oregon
Washington

I would bet he ends up at one of those as they still have 2-3 weeks to get things figured out until classes start.
If he ends up at say Stanford, which is basically an Ivy League school in terms of academics, that's going to look HORRIBLE for UK admissions.

This doesn't seem like an NCAA problem or a Cal problem. Seems like an incompetent, or possibly rogue admissions department.

Which, maybe wasn't helped by Cals attitude at times.. but I also can't imagine he, directly
interacts THAT much with the administration's office. But even then, you can't hamstring the coach, whoever it is. That would be along the lines of say an assistant QB coach not giving the star QB the info to do his job. You can't have that, no matter how much you might not like the QB.

Either way this is a problem within the UK administration. At the very least it sure doesn't look good for future coaches who may want to come here with the thought of utilizing g foreign players.

UK has mid-semester classes.

Reactions: WildcatFan60
Predicted UK loses most of current roster at end of season.. only 3-5 players will be back (Reed, Ugo, Thiero, Burks,,,).. 2024 is weak class. Thinks UK probably only signs 3-4 guys from HS... and rest from portal and international. Travis does not think the BigZ thing hurts UK with future international players.

Boogie Fland visit went really well. Thinks UK leads but Indiana is team to beat. All their coaches flying in to visit him tonight, to try and turn things around from the UK visit.

They say this about every class. Cal has to find the difference-makers. A lot of the '25 class has smoke towards re-classifying as well, similar to Quaintance. A class of Fland, Peterson/Johnson, Knox, Richmond, Quaintance, and Cyril is a nice class, regardless of the class's overall 'weakness'.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I listened... here is my update I posted on HOB..

Branham/Pilgrim...

on Big Z - Said there is more going on behind the scenes, than maybe has been known/rumored. Doesn't think he ends up at UK unless a "hail mary" happens at the last moment. DePaul is current rumored potential destination.

Asked about Somto coming in mid-season. Doesn't think that happens, and Travis said he needs another year of college.

If UK leads how is Indiana the team to beat? As in the team that is the closest at the moment or pushing the hardest?

Last edited:
Reactions: RunninRichie

DePaul
Northwestern
Oregon State
Stanford
UCLA
Oregon
Washington

DePaul is the school Pilgrim mentioned. There is a big connection with their AD, Peevy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT