ADVERTISEMENT

Bradshaw Had Surgery This Week

I disagree with folks trashing the kid. His injury Was serious enough to warrent surgery, so it is obviously real. What is he supposed to not have it to satisfy some of our angry fans.The kid is not responsible for the current clinate regarding injuries at UK, CAL IS. GIVE THE KID A BREAK.
Having the surgery now is a positive sign that he will play. All the drama leading up to it not so much. At least he didn't wait till a week before the start of the season.

Well after your previous predictions regarding Reeves, it's hard to doubt your insight......
And you were sure he was coming back? He was taking classes at another school to grad transfer, so that’s always a good sign, lol

• Haha
Reactions: bnewt
100%.

Could be.

But I am not going to punish Bradshaw for Vanderbilt/Sharpe's sins- kid has seemed great, and been true to his word every step of the way thus far (rumors about USC, rumors that he wouldn't ever even make it to campus, etc).

The fact that there was a rush to get this surgery done ASAP also tells me that was to get him back on the court in time for the season.

So until he gives me reason to doubt him, I'll believe him and fully expect to see him on the court in November.
I'm not worried about a Sharpe situation, I just know foot injuries have a nasty habit of lingering and taking a long time to heal. I still don't think Vanderbilt was screwing us, since he got surgery after the season and missed most of his rookie year in the NBA. So in that regard, I AM worried about a Vanderbilt situation - a foot injury that just never gets right all year.

Reactions: dl51344
October 15th: “He’s moving well, has a great attitude, he’s been doing drills in practice, we expect a full recovery.”

November 20th: “He’s getting better everyday, he’s a great competitor, been doing some scrimmaging”

January 6th: “Havent seen ‘em”

February 20th: “Be difficult to get him in game condition and mess up the chrmistry”

March 31st: “So thankful for all the support, I will forever cherish my time with #BBM, but I have decided to declare for the draft”
I sure hope this is not the case ...

• Angry
Reactions: catben
And you were sure he was coming back? He was taking classes at another school to grad transfer, so that’s always a good sign, lol
Look at my posts, never one thing about him leaving from me.

Maybe try not to knee jerk react to everything.

What were his comments about not wanting to be here? Or are you just saying things without any facts.
I'm at work, so I can't find it for you. But at the end of the season he alluded to going pro or transferring. It is a fact he was taken classes at Illinois state this summer. I never stated he said he didn't want to be here outright. It's just simple deductive reasoning.

Bradshaw was saying on social media that the 4-6 month timeline wasn't right. I don't think he ever disputed there was an issue.

My take? He could've played this season without this surgery. BUT, there was probably a bigger risk that it gets worse or causes other issues.

Klutch wanted him to get the surgery, Bradshaw wanted to play through it, they probably came to an agreement with Bradshaw and Kentucky to do it ASAP and promise Bradshaw he'd be back before season (hence the Sept/Oct statements now).

I think it's much ado about nothing at this point, get him healthy and we ride in November.
It’s the end of college basketball when handlers, agents or agencies call the shots for a blue blood basketball school.

I didn't think Sharpe came to us until December. I may be wrong. Vanderbilt tried to play on several occasions. It was obvious to me that he had a real problem. When healthy , he was great but, sadly he was never 100%. He had surgery during his first season in the NBA.

Sharpe never playing is an issue. It was embarrassing. To include Vanderbilt in that discussion is not right, in my opinion.

"Shaedon Sharpe 2.0" is my greatest fear. Fingers crossed the injury heals well and Klutch doesn't have an excuse to get him to sit out.

October 15th: “He’s moving well, has a great attitude, he’s been doing drills in practice, we expect a full recovery.”

November 20th: “He’s getting better everyday, he’s a great competitor, been doing some scrimmaging”

January 6th: “Havent seen ‘em”

February 20th: “Be difficult to get him in game condition and mess up the chrmistry”

March 31st: “So thankful for all the support, I will forever cherish my time with #BBM, but I have decided to declare for the draft”
bingo

My wife had surgery on her foot May 18th and was given a timeline of walking with shoe by 6 weeks and it looks like she is going to beat that and she is 75 years old. So I think Bradshaw will be fine by the start of the season. And we know that he will get a lot better treatment than my wife has.

100%.

Could be.

But I am not going to punish Bradshaw for Vanderbilt/Sharpe's sins- kid has seemed great, and been true to his word every step of the way thus far (rumors about USC, rumors that he wouldn't ever even make it to campus, etc).

The fact that there was a rush to get this surgery done ASAP also tells me that was to get him back on the court in time for the season.

So until he gives me reason to doubt him, I'll believe him and fully expect to see him on the court in November.
Are you 100% sure Bradshaw had foot surgery?

People bring up the sharpe situation all the time. Sharpes plan from the beginning was to play the following year. Bradshaw wasn’t waiting till next year, he was for this year. I’d almost bet Bradshaw plays this year.

People bring up the sharpe situation all the time. Sharpes plan from the beginning was to play the following year. Bradshaw wasn’t waiting till next year, he was for this year. I’d almost bet Bradshaw plays this year.
Gotta disagree with you. Unfortunately, college freshmen bball players make few decisions. Playing at UK the following year may have been Sharpe's decision. But, his handlers played Cal like a fiddle. I think their plan all along was to 1) Determine NBA eligibility 2) If elgible, then sit out and go straight to draft w/o playing 1 day of college ball.

I DO think the Bradshaw, Sharpe, Vanderbilt, Wheeler scenarios are all different, but understand fans lumping them together. It would take someone sticking their head very deep in the sand to not be concerned about Bradshaw's playing time at UK.

Here's how I see past events, and prediction for this year.

Vanderbilt - Real injury that carried over into first year of NBA. It cost him several million in his first contract.
Sharpe - Handlers lied to everyone and used UK as a safety net in case NBA would not allow him in that year's draft. Cal can never tell the truth publicly. It makes him look bad, but I understand not burning bridges with families/handlers. You win the battle, but lose the war.
Wheeler - Crazy situation. He quit on the team after a minor ankle injury. Cal covered for him to prevent him from being scrutinized even more than he was.
Bradshaw - Sounds like the injury is real. Like Vanderbilt, I think not playing a substantial amount of college games will cost him lots of $. He wants to show scouts he's more than a post player. That requires him playing games. This is reason I think his people will want him to have chance to showcase his game.

Just my thoughts. Schools not sharing medical information frustrates fans, but I understand why they don't do it. We lump everyone who doesn't play into the same pile, but Vanderbilt and Bradshaw's situations are different than the others.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT