ADVERTISEMENT

Boogie Fland

NIL: IU has some prominent boosters like Mark Cuban that are putting money into it.
Cuban gives the least of the billionaires. He has conflict of interest with being the owner of an NBA team. How he gets around it is using companies like campus ink but they service multiple schools. Illinois was first. Cook inc. has given a lot though.

Yes. Quaintance laughably was not put in the top 5, (I'd have him in top 3) of the '24 class right now. He was best big and arguably 2nd best player at NBA Top 100 Camp (which included everyone and was 15 yrs old for part of the AAU season--he's just turned 16. He can do everything on the court but ability to handle the ball is scary for a mismatch at his position and age and then overpowers guys in the paint too.

Ngongba reminds me a little of Daniel Ochefu who played at Villanova and was a key piece in NC team at Nova which is a great thing, so not like he's some stiff, but Quaintance is a step up and can see why all the schools/G-League covet him once you see him play.
Which class does Quaintance end up in. I would like to see him on campus next year....any way possible.

Reactions: Wayne washburn
He has officially reclassed to 2024 and has to be on campus for 2 years. Landing him would be a monumental recruiting win on par with landing Demarcus Cousins. The winds are trending in a positive direction with UK.
Isn’t it Kentucky vs Missouri for him

Isn’t it Kentucky vs Missouri for him
Jayden’s father played at Kent State with Dennis Gates brother, which is why Mizzou is on his list.

Kentucky obv has a long track record with NBA success and can help ensure JQ gets that max contract. From what I heard, he wants to be on the big stage. He plays at Word of God Academy (John Walls former HS) which is now part of the Overtime Elite program. Cal has built a nice little OTE pipeline via Dilly, Burks, and Somto.

I think the G League will also throw their hat in the ring as well but all indications is that UK is pitching him to not worry about getting the most money in his 2 years in college, but finding the spot that can ensure he gets that max contract down the road. Not that UK NIL isn’t competitive or anything. He will make plenty of money at UK too, it’s just not worth risking his future at another school just for 100-200k more.

I expect UK to pull out all the stops and close on him.

Jayden’s father played at Kent State with Dennis Gates brother, which is why Mizzou is on his list.

Kentucky obv has a long track record with NBA success and can help ensure JQ gets that max contract. From what I heard, he wants to be on the big stage. He plays at Word of God Academy (John Walls former HS) which is now part of the Overtime Elite program. Cal has built a nice little OTE pipeline via Dilly, Burks, and Somto.

I think the G League will also throw their hat in the ring as well but all indications is that UK is pitching him to not worry about getting the most money in his 2 years in college, but finding the spot that can ensure he gets that max contract down the road. Not that UK NIL isn’t competitive or anything. He will make plenty of money at UK too, it’s just not worth risking his future at another school just for 100-200k more.

I expect UK to pull out all the stops and close on him.
It’s UK vs Mizzou and maybe g-league then one would have to like UKs chances. I know he is visiting soon. I hope uk throws out everything and locks him up on the visit

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT