ADVERTISEMENT

Boogie Fland

Who are these “reclass” guards Kentucky is going to get? Cal is going after fland really hard
Peterson and Jasper Johnson reclass is going to happen.

If Cal wants Fland I trust the staff. I’m am just saying there’s a scenario where we are better if we miss on him. I like Boogie in a vacuum. But the 25 options have me salivating.

If Cal wants Fland I trust the staff. I’m am just saying there’s a scenario where we are better if we miss on him. I like Boogie in a vacuum. But the 25 options have me salivating.
Don’t know enough about the 25 class yet, but I like flands game a lot. But I have seen people mention Peterson and Johnson a lot

Neither Peterson or Johnson would be worried about a Fland commitment. I could see where Fland and one of the 25s would keep the other 25 from looking at us though.

Also we may get Richmond and Knox too, which would cloud things up on the wing. But we are a long way from worrying about that stuff.

Reactions: Ukgold and Fox2monk

Who this dude?

25 class is supposed to be the best in a minute. A long minute.
Wouldn’t mind a couple of good players from the 25 class fland somto, idk if I’m missing anybody else Kentucky is really going after. And a grad transfer or 2 to fill specific rolls, like reeves does with scoring and shooting or Reid Travis did with rebounding and post scoring scoring

Who this dude?
He's a good and informed guy.

I like Boogie more than most fans due to 2 things--I think he can adjust to play on/off the ball and at Kentucky that's important for guards who play with other top guards...and he's very young for '24-he's age of a '25 class member and think he's got room to grow (literally) and maturity wise. He's shined in role of having to carry HS team and also playing with others who have elite talent (Team USA).

I'm in camp who would like to get him, but also think he'd fit in nicely with other guys who are being discussed IF they do reclassify which is heavily expected.

All that said, Jayden Quaintance is the big OV coming up in 2 weeks. They land him....BIG TIME get. It's laughable Rivals didn't have him in their updated Top 10 rankings nationally--especially when he's kicked one of their top guy's ass head to head 2x within a 2 week span in July.

Would Patterson or Peterson whatever his last name is and fland be a good pairing

Yes they would be a good pair.

I think earlier you were confusing things a bit. People are saying Peterson and Johnson are going to reclassify into the 24 class like Quaintance and Flagg.

Dybantsa is said to maybe move up from 26 to 25. He’d be right there with the one Boozer twin at the top of the 25 class.

Yes they would be a good pair.

I think earlier you were confusing things a bit. People are saying Peterson and Johnson are going to reclassify into the 24 class like Quaintance and Flagg.

Dybantsa is said to maybe move up from 26 to 25. He’d be right there with the one Boozer twin at the top of the 25 class.
Yeah I was I went to espn and looked at the classes. Peterson and Fland would be great. I don’t know enough about Johnson yet just YouTube highlights

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
He's a good and informed guy.

I like Boogie more than most fans due to 2 things--I think he can adjust to play on/off the ball and at Kentucky that's important for guards who play with other top guards...and he's very young for '24-he's age of a '25 class member and think he's got room to grow (literally) and maturity wise. He's shined in role of having to carry HS team and also playing with others who have elite talent (Team USA).

I'm in camp who would like to get him, but also think he'd fit in nicely with other guys who are being discussed IF they do reclassify which is heavily expected.

All that said, Jayden Quaintance is the big OV coming up in 2 weeks. They land him....BIG TIME get. It's laughable Rivals didn't have him in their updated Top 10 rankings nationally--especially when he's kicked one of their top guy's ass head to head 2x within a 2 week span in July.
Is Quaintance better than the Ngongbo kid or whatever his name is, that is6’10 and visiting soon?

Is Quaintance better than the Ngongbo kid or whatever his name is, that is6’10 and visiting soon?
Yes. Quaintance laughably was not put in the top 5, (I'd have him in top 3) of the '24 class right now. He was best big and arguably 2nd best player at NBA Top 100 Camp (which included everyone and was 15 yrs old for part of the AAU season--he's just turned 16. He can do everything on the court but ability to handle the ball is scary for a mismatch at his position and age and then overpowers guys in the paint too.

Ngongba reminds me a little of Daniel Ochefu who played at Villanova and was a key piece in NC team at Nova which is a great thing, so not like he's some stiff, but Quaintance is a step up and can see why all the schools/G-League covet him once you see him play.

Is Quaintance better than the Ngongbo kid or whatever his name is, that is 6’10 and visiting soon?

No one will really know that until they play. Quaintance plays fast for a big guy. Quaintance is a year younger too, so he may have to play 2 years of college. He is rated much higher.

Ngongba's cousin is Isaiah Abraham and he committed to UConn already. Ngongba's mom and dad both played in the DC area and his mom is a coach at G'Town. She also was at George Mason when Kim English was there so Providence may have a good line on him.

Ngongba visited on 9/29 already while Quaintance is visiting on the 10/21.

Usually at least so far if say 3 teams offer similar NIL it comes down to other factors. It’s not just nil. I have heard that a guarantee is important.
Big thing here is, the relationship Flands parents have with Woodson. Both relly like the guy---and then you toss in Carmelo, and Indiana becomes a huge player.

This plays more of a roll IMO, than NIL---dudes are get theirs. For most its more of a long term decision---Where do i fit, and who can ultilize my skill set the best? Woodson's offense is an NBA style offense---and the guards play a huge roll...Lots of freedom. And that is attraactive---Also Woodson's reputation as an offensive players coach, really helps.

Yes. Quaintance laughably was not put in the top 5, (I'd have him in top 3) of the '24 class right now. He was best big and arguably 2nd best player at NBA Top 100 Camp (which included everyone and was 15 yrs old for part of the AAU season--he's just turned 16. He can do everything on the court but ability to handle the ball is scary for a mismatch at his position and age and then overpowers guys in the paint too.

Ngongba reminds me a little of Daniel Ochefu who played at Villanova and was a key piece in NC team at Nova which is a great thing, so not like he's some stiff, but Quaintance is a step up and can see why all the schools/G-League covet him once you see him

Ngongba reminds me a little of Daniel Ochefu who played at Villanova and was a key piece in NC team at Nova which is a great thing, so not like he's some stiff, but Quaintance is a step up and can see why all the schools/G-League covet him once you see him play.
Do you think we get Quaintance?

Thanks

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
Does Quaintance come here with Somto and Ugonna? Would they share minutes or can he play the 4?

Did I miss something? I guess I thought IU was dead and buried, so to speak. Now we're competing with them for a recruit? How did they sneak up the ranks? They've been in the basement for so long and now they're back in the discussion for various things. Wow, my nap must have been longer than I thought. What's up with that? Seriously, it's a legit question from me. I know I've had other things going on in my life for a while, but IU?! Can someone please update me.

Reactions: westerncat
Did I miss something? I guess I thought IU was dead and buried, so to speak. Now we're competing with them for a recruit? How did they sneak up the ranks? They've been in the basement for so long and now they're back in the discussion for various things. Wow, my nap must have been longer than I thought. What's up with that? Seriously, it's a legit question from me. I know I've had other things going on in my life for a while, but IU?! Can someone please update me.

NIL: IU has some prominent boosters like Mark Cuban that are putting money into it.

Reactions: susan2361
Does Quaintance come here with Somto and Ugonna? Would they share minutes or can he play the 4?
Somto/Ugo will strictly be 5s. Quaintance will play 4. But doubt he should be worried about either. Somto will take some time to produce. Quaintance may not be the college player Cooper Flagg will be, but 10 years from now Quaintance may be the perennial NBA All-Star and Flagg the solid nba starter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT