ADVERTISEMENT

Boogie Fland

Depends if he want to be a big fish in a small pond (IU) or play with the best and not be the big fish (UK). Love to get this kid.

I couldn’t find anything, the only thing I have found is pilgrims article, have national guys even said anything
Trilly had kind of a cryptic tweet today about some music video with the words Liam and Boogie together in it and looks like IU fans are interpreting that as implying Liam McNeeley and Boogie together to IU. He also tweeted yesterday about the odds to land Boogie as IU +135 and UK +140.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
Trilly had kind of a cryptic tweet today about some music video with the words Liam and Boogie together in it and looks like IU fans are interpreting that as implying Liam McNeeley and Boogie together to IU. He also tweeted yesterday about the odds to land Boogie as IU +135 and UK +140.
I'd give up an hour of my life if you guys stopped treating every Trilly Donovan tweet like gospel.

• Love
Reactions: Girthang
So has IU
So, are you one of those "it's not going to be UK" posters when it comes to recruiting projections who turns into a "I'm gladly eating crow" posters when it swings positive?

We get that Fland might go elsewhere, but hedging your bets on the negative when this thing is at least 50/50 is lame.

Reactions: KyWildcatDon
So, are you one of those "it's not going to be UK" posters when it comes to recruiting projections who turns into a "I'm gladly eating crow" posters when it swings positive?

We get that Fland might go elsewhere, but hedging your bets on the negative when this thing is at least 50/50 is lame.
I’m just relaying what I’ve seen from insiders, I don’t think Boogie is a make or break recruit for UK at all. I like his game as a complimentary PG who runs a team that is very talented, I don’t like him as a main piece to the class. UK will be fine at PG with other options who are probably going to be reclass guys from the 25 class like Johnson and Peterson

IU’s coach doesn’t have the recruiting record cal has. When he really really wants a player he gets them. If could be IU, but I’m going Kentucky on this one
IU coach has only been a coach for two years....He's landed 5*'s Malik Renau, Jalen Hood Schifino, Mgbako and Kel'el Ware. Considered leader for Liam Mcneely, certainly in the hunt for Fland, and Queen.

Its close. Having Melo helps. We shall see.

Was that the year Cal signed Wagner, Bradshaw, Edwards, Dillingham, Sheppard and Ivisic? Seems more recent.
What about the previous 6? What about the upcoming year? If we just have our pick of the litter, what about Flagg? With NIL nobody eats first consistently....other than Duke it seems.

In all seriousness it is a UK vs IU battle. Woody has ties in NY that are helping in this recruitment. Trending IU at the moment. Should be done by Halloween.

I’m just relaying what I’ve seen from insiders, I don’t think Boogie is a make or break recruit for UK at all. I like his game as a complimentary PG who runs a team that is very talented, I don’t like him as a main piece to the class. UK will be fine at PG with other options who are probably going to be reclass guys from the 25 class like Johnson and Peterson
Not a fan of the re-class p.g....don't think this line of thought is askew

Reactions: thack_kat
Not a fan of the re-class p.g....don't think this line of thought is askew
I’m usually not either but Peterson is a top 5 player even if he moves to 24 and UK also has Reed who could play PG. I’m just not worrying about getting a class of 24 PG just to get one, when there are other options. Boogie is worth taking but he’s not gonna make or break the class

Reactions: the stat man
It’s going to be IU for 2 reasons-

1. Fit - Kentucky will be bringing in some big time reclass guards and returning some other guys who will be at the 1/2 ahead of Boogie.

2. Role - he’s going to be THE guy at IU but a 2-3 year guy at UK

I’m usually not either but Peterson is a top 5 player even if he moves to 24 and UK also has Reed who could play PG. I’m just not worrying about getting a class of 24 PG just to get one, when there are other options. Boogie is worth taking but he’s not gonna make or break the class
I agree,I like Peterson as a reclass, even if he isn't ready as the main pg in 24.As sophomore he should be tough. 2024 could feature a portal pg. Bad news for us if so unless Cal get it done early.

Are both Peterson and Jasper Johnson considered capable college PGs? I do like Sheppard as the primary PG for Yr 2 also, based on what he showed in Canada.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
It’s going to be IU for 2 reasons-

1. Fit - Kentucky will be bringing in some big time reclass guards and returning some other guys who will be at the 1/2 ahead of Boogie.

2. Role - he’s going to be THE guy at IU but a 2-3 year guy at UK
Who are these “reclass” guards Kentucky is going to get? Cal is going after fland really hard

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT