ADVERTISEMENT

Bolden to announce & sign Thursday

I don't know if it really means anything, but UK Men's Basketball on Twitter just followed Marques Bolden, and they only follow commits and former players-- not recruits. I want to be hopeful, but there are still too many variables. I appreciate everything that Marcus Lee has done for the program and I will continue to follow up on his career post UK, but I would love to have the chance to see what Bolden can do for Kentucky next year. Lee turned some heads his freshman year during the tourney, but has not progressed further than that. Bolden can give us a strong back to the basket player to accompany BAM. I've got my fingers crossed that everything works out in the end. And if Lee comes back and Bolden chooses Duke, we better hope Lee gets in the gym and really focuses his energy on improving his offensive game.

I feel like this same story has been reported at least two or three other times throughout his recruitment. I'm not sure if they just quickly unfollowed him the last time they allegedly did it, or if some people just don't know how Twitter works. Certainly not a bad sign, I imagine, but I'm not sure if the people running that account know for sure one way or another at the moment.

Who exactly is it that runs the Kentucky Men's BB account anyway? Anyone relevant to the program?

I feel like this same story has been reported at least two or three other times throughout his recruitment. I'm not sure if they just quickly unfollowed him the last time they allegedly did it, or if some people just don't know how Twitter works. Certainly not a bad sign, I imagine, but I'm not sure if the people running that account know for sure one way or another at the moment.

Yeah I'm not really sure who the account is run by. I'm certainly not going to put all my eggs in the Bolden basket just because of that, but it would be nice if it were true.. :raised_hands:

Well, yeah, I mean, I'm not doubting that, just wondering if it's merely run by a student/graduate or something, or someone who actually might know something about this sort of thing.
I very seriously doubt an official account for a team as high profile as Kentucky Basketball is would be run by a student.

Reactions: TM2013
Its the dancing man's new gig.
He can post and not break innocent female's necks in the process.

Reactions: awf
Is it possible that Bolden has already signed his NLI and sent it to UK? Not sure how it works, but I hear people floating this theory and connecting it to UK following him on social media.

I like Marcus Lee but it seems to me that if you really want to be in the NBA and you fought to be invited to the NBA Combine that you would go all out 100%. It sounds like by most reports for the NBA Combine that it seemed like Lee wasn't even there mentally and physically. I believe that Bolden not committing when Thornton made his decision to transfer from Duke and opened up their scholarship problem over 5 weeks ago. If Bolden was this Huge Lean that all the Recruiting Experts were saying that he was heading to Duke then right after Thornton making his decision to transfer Bolden could have committed then when they had the Scholarship to open. I believed he has waited on the Marcus Lee and Briscoe decisions to open up the scholarship Kentucky needed for Bolden. There has been a couple of other things to happen after Thornton Transfer and his family and Uncle came out with a statement that said that Duke and Coach K didn't treat Thornton right and that he was told he would start as a Freshman and would be there point guard. The Thornton family was really upset on how Thornton was treated by Duke and the Coaching Staff. Then Amile Jefferson was granted his Hardship Waiver and decided to come back to Duke for his senior season. That put Amile Jefferson, Giles, and Tatum likely starting and Jeter and Bolden coming off the bench. If Bolden wanted to commit and really play for Duke I believe he would have done it 4-5 weeks ago after Thornton's transfer and the scholarship opened for Duke!

Some one link this tweet. Read in other threads of it's existence but can't find it on twitter. Probably not searching right or it doesn't exist.

They really are following him, at least as of the time of this post. I've personally checked a few times, as I swear that people had posted the exact same thing a couple times throughout his recruitment.

Reactions: UKvisitor
This is confusing.
If UKathletics just recently started following him on twitter, how could they have been following him all along?

Several weeks ago - they started following him - and then for some reason - they "unfollowed" him. Now - recently - he's the last person they followed. It could mean something - it could mean nothing. Who knows.

Good lord. You're getting him! Stop worrying! With Lee leaving (and let's face it, the kid isn't coming back to UK...) you guys have like one post player. Duke has three, all of whom could play before Bolden. He isn't going to Duke.

Good lord. You're getting him! Stop worrying! With Lee leaving (and let's face it, the kid isn't coming back to UK...) you guys have like one post player. Duke has three, all of whom could play before Bolden. He isn't going to Duke.

Yeah...UK is mediocre in the post area compared to duke...[eyeroll]

Reactions: ukfan041
Huh? I didn't say that. But if Lee goes, who is left to challenge Bolden at the 5? Humphries? I don't think so... He is a decent big man, but not a top twenty high school type of talent, and while he was better than some expected he still averaged 2 and 2 last year. We know nothing about Tai W. Do you consider Willis a challenge to play the five? I think the only real challenge at the five is Bam, and maybe Humph. So one and a half guys at his position.

At Duke there are three guys who could easily play the five... Giles, who is clearly going to take up a lot of minutes. Jefferson, who is clearly going to take up a lot of minutes. Then there is Jeter, who is the biggest question mark but who is still a McDonalds All American, rsci ranked 14 (higher than Bolden) seven footer. That's three pretty big pieces of competition for time at the five.

Enjoy, Bolden is a good get, and he will get more time with you guys than he would with us.

Bam can play the post. Humphreys and Jones as well but I agree Bolden will start and allow others to play their more natural positions

Huh? I didn't say that. But if Lee goes, who is left to challenge Bolden at the 5? Humphries? I don't think so... He is a decent big man, but not a top twenty high school type of talent, and while he was better than some expected he still averaged 2 and 2 last year. We know nothing about Tai W. Do you consider Willis a challenge to play the five? I think the only real challenge at the five is Bam, and maybe Humph. So one and a half guys at his position.

At Duke there are three guys who could easily play the five... Giles, who is clearly going to take up a lot of minutes. Jefferson, who is clearly going to take up a lot of minutes. Then there is Jeter, who is the biggest question mark but who is still a McDonalds All American, rsci ranked 14 (higher than Bolden) seven footer. That's three pretty big pieces of competition for time at the five.

Enjoy, Bolden is a good get, and he will get more time with you guys than he would with us.
Aren't Giles and Jefferson natural PF's? And not sure you can even throw Jeter in to the mix as he has shown no real signs of life of being a dominant/consistent 5. Humphries is a true 5, SKJ can absolutely play 5, and Bam can play the 5. No doubt Bolden is the best true 5 out of the players that I just named, but if he doesn't come here, I think UK will be absolutely fine at the 5.

Jeter sucked last year, and wouldn't count on him taking minutes from anybody.

Jeter sucked last year, and wouldn't count on him taking minutes from anybody.

Jeter will improve significantly this summer. Work ethic is great! The kid just needs some strength. He'll put on some weight before fall.

Giles at the 5? Granted I have never watched him play but from what I have heard isn't he more of a stretch 4? If K tries to put him at the 5, when that isn't his true position, he may be like Skal and struggle especially early. Like I said I have never watched the kid play so I really have no idea what his game is. :joy:

K tends to run his best guys, and has never really had a problem running guys who would be a 4 in the league at the 5. I mean, Giles is what, 6'10, 6'11? That's fine for a college 5. Same with Jefferson. And Jeter should improve over the summer, as he was showing pretty good improvement at the end of the year.

Hey, just filling you in on the Duke side. Sorry it ruffles so many feathers.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
K tends to run his best guys, and has never really had a problem running guys who would be a 4 in the league at the 5. I mean, Giles is what, 6'10, 6'11? That's fine for a college 5. Same with Jefferson. And Jeter should improve over the summer, as he was showing pretty good improvement at the end of the year.

We love ruffled feathers......:popcorn:

bobcatcardinal_zpsccrn4y33.jpg

All right dude, have it your way.

Maybe after K had the shit storm after Thorton left, he felt like he would catch even more if he decided to play Bolden over the SR. Jefferson. Think about it, Jefferson gets a gift added year, only to be a backup and miss a year in the NBA . Not a good look for K after the Thorton deal, could really harm his connection with the young elites of the future. Maybe K promised Jefferson a starting spot if he got granted the extra year, or at least after he was granted it, hinted that he would start.

Giles would not be a good 5 in college. Being as injury prone as he is (and not being a really strong kid to start with), putting him against bigger, stronger players night in and night out just seems like a silly idea.
The one that some of you Duke fans come up with that comes off as really dumb is Jayson Tatum playing the 4, considering he's an awful 3 point shooter (and I do mean awful, a career sub-30% 3 point shooter), he weighs 204 pounds, he's a poor defender inside and out right now, so on and so forth.
Duke is going to have some floor spacing issues this year in comparison to years past.

Well, I guess we've got a free scholarship now that Charles Matthews is likely transferring. Really hope we get Bolden now. A shame to lose a player like Matthews so early on.

Reactions: BBUK
Crystal Ball currently sits at 52% for Duke, 39% for UK. Last two picks (including a Duke insider) have been for UK.

Well, I guess we've got a free scholarship now that Charles Matthews is likely transferring. Really hope we get Bolden now. A shame to lose a player like Matthews so early on.

It's frowned upon to put premium Info on the free board.

What? I really don't need to hear that. I know Matthews wasn't the most consistent or impactful player, but we definitely need him for depth, especially if Briscoe doesn't come back.

Reactions: JFCats22
Cue Duke fans and other rival fans to compare this to the Thornton situation. At least we don't have to bite our nails about a space being available now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT