ADVERTISEMENT

Bitcoin and other crypto currency......

She’s protected by credit card company - who protects bitcoin theft?
We don't know all the details of tax reform but years prior you could deduct losses on tax returns up to a certain percentage. Fraud hurts everyone in higher prices, fees and interest rates.

We don't know all the details of tax reform but years prior you could deduct losses on tax returns up to a certain percentage. Fraud hurts everyone in higher prices, fees and interest rates.

A tax deduction isn’t a recovery of your money fyi.

This is why you only hold the coins in cold storage. The secrecy of cryptos makes it extremely vulnerable to hacking. When your credit card is hacked the company cleans it all up and writes it all off and most ppl come out just fine. If your crypto wallet is hacked your shit out of luck. If it every becomes super mainstream the governments will take it over partially because of its vulnerable nature.

Reactions: BigTyrone
She’s protected by credit card company - who protects bitcoin theft?

Coinbase has what's called a "vault" that you can set up for your coin that provides additional security and 2 step authentication. Beyond that you can get a "hardware wallet" which is a small device similar to thumb drive to store your CC on to protect it from hackers.

I don't know how real these stats are, I just googled "credit card fraud stats" because I'm lazy. But if we're making the argument about security:

https://www.creditdonkey.com/credit-card-fraud-statistics.html

Putting a 16 digit number on a card with a special 3-4 digit number on the back and sometimes requiring you to scribble on a piece of paper is not a good way to secure access to an account. Checks have your literal bank account number, name, and address on them. The fact that banks don't at least require 2FA to access your account online is ridiculous in 2018. My World of Warcraft account was more secure in 2008 than my bank account is in 2018.

You can do so by looking here and then selecting a market

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/neo/#markets

Typically, you will buy bitcoin (or Ethereum) with US dollars on a US exchange and then send that bitcoin to another exchange to invest in your neo or monero or whatever.

Incidentally, this is something i was trying to get through to some hard headed peeps earlier. So the price of bitcoin (now going down trend) will affect how much real money one can invest in other block chain companies in addition to the price action on bitcoin itself, and those alternate coins (block chain companies).

Last edited:
Any buyers? Basically cut in half from the highs and threatening to break 9000 today.

Drop to 7.5k ish had decent support imo, could see a bit of a rally back to 10 or 11k in near term... then from there, maybe back up or back down to 6, who knows.

Drop to 7.5k ish had decent support imo, could see a bit of a rally back to 10 or 11k in near term... then from there, maybe back up or back down to 6, who knows.

It's this type of keen insight that keeps me coming back to the Paddock.

Yes...

You can snark all you want, but that’s the reality. Which is always unknown but way more knowable thsn your cynicism would allow you

I'll say this much. High-end video card prices are comparatively insane right now. Seeing shortages through many vendors. Recently purchased an MSI 4 GB Geforce GTX 1050 TI. Had priced these cards earlier in the ~$169 range. Scored one via Amazon Prime for $209. Designated for my phase II Monero mining project.

Swore I'd never venture back into desktop hardware again. At any rate, should build my beta mining system by middle of next week.

Reactions: jameslee32
Yeah, there is money to be made and easy money at that. You could even just invest in tech stocks like Nvidia and AMD as there will be even more increased demand.

To Wesley, Bill and SpaceGhost, you can shitpost me all you want, but does this look like someone who really cares what you think?

2wfpnv5.jpg

Yeah, there is money to be made and easy money at that. You could even just invest in tech stocks like Nvidia and AMD as there will be even more increased demand.

To Wesley, Bill and SpaceGhost, you can shitpost me all you want, but does this look like someone who really cares what you think?

2wfpnv5.jpg
Love the Lagunitas. Good stuff.

Reactions: SomeDudeCRO
I went out once I saw the game start to play out, no need to watch that all the way through.

2wfpnv5.jpg

Nice picture - nice beer...enjoy your evening.

Who's protecting consumers from Equifax? The CFPB backed off investigating one of the biggest hacks ever.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ts-equifax-probe-on-ice-sources-idUSKBN1FP0IZ

In short, no one. It's mostly laid on the consumers to take steps to protect themselves, I have a credit freeze with all three of the reporting agencies. Generally, I'm not in favor of the gov't getting involved in business, but this is different, so here goes my rant.

If I do business directly with a credit card company, and the card info gets stolen, I can easily watch my transactions and the card companies do a good job with their own fraud detection to determine this. It's happened a few times. So I barely miss a beat.

Equifax, Experian and TransUnion have entire credit profiles on me (and everyone) including ss#, addresses, etc. and everything a hacker needs to open up lines of credit, not just on credit cards, however any type of loan (cars, boats, payday, etc). A hacker can literally open up an entirely new identity with my info and by the time I caught it, they would be long gone. Then I would be stuck with a monumental mess to clean up. Filing a police report? Good luck, they aren't going to be helpful, especially if it's out of state. It's something you have to do, but don't expect results. Plus, by the time you even know your information has been stolen, you are probably getting calls from collection agencies, and they are class A jerks to deal with.

My beef with Equifax, Experian and TransUnion is you can never do business with them, but they literally hold your financial life information. Until there becomes a better and more secure way, all three of these agencies need to be held accountable. They offered one year of protection, then after that you have to pay. Then you are forced to do business with the same company that compromised you to begin with. That is ridiculous. Again, just a stolen credit card number is one thing, when you open up access for your identity to be stolen, it's a whole other level. I see people getting hit a few years from now, after the credit freezes start getting lifted and hackers don't have to worry about it.

Reactions: jameslee32
Great post. Even if you joined a class action law suit against all or any of the 3 agencies, how do you get all of your time and hell your life back? You don't. There has to be a better model than the credit and bond rating agencies that have completely screwed consumers and businesses just in the past 10 years.

Market gonna have to correct more seriously too; at some point we will have to pay the piper for all that quantitative easing too big to fail arguably nonsense.

Question is when? Probably would've happened this year if it weren't for Trump imho.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Crypto Currencies/Bitcoin, even for someone in the tech world, always seemed daunting, gimmicky, and most importantly, like a party that I was arriving to at 2:00am, when everyone was starting to leave.. But read this article and became intrigued again (Funny that is'a about Kentucky folk):

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...07fea957bd5_story.html?utm_term=.3c4ae97c7db1

Anything too good to be true, probably is. I get that sense that if you're trying to use BitCoin to get rich quick in 2018, it just isn't going to happen. But.. as a means to protect your retirement and diversify? I'm all in. It seems there's an endless amount of use and application for BitCoin, things we haven't even begun to think of, that could make this skyrocket again in the future, especially if we go into a recession of some sort.

But still on the "daunting" part. I get the concept, but don't even know where to begin.

That article is a bit of an insulting "if it plays in Peoria" type thing.

Middle class black guy trying to make ends meet for his family sweating 200 bucks, probably some form of white privilege I could accuse WAPO of; turnabout is fairplay right?

Guy who invests 20k and turns it into 700k instead of finishing college got lucky plain and simple.

People want their money for nothing and their chicks for free.

When I’m 65 and eating cat food, watching The Office in my recliner, all I’m gonna think about is “should have bought that damn bitcoin”.

Probably awesome until indicted.
The Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) and The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) prohibit USA residents and citizens from opening CFD accounts on domestic or foreign platforms. CFDs are illegal in part because they are an over-the-counter (OTC) product – not passing through regulated exchanges.

ADVERTISEMENT