ADVERTISEMENT

Bitcoin and other crypto currency......

I guess I just don't understand what it's based on. But that doesn't matter. It was created from nothing, and users found value in it basically as untraceable drug money. Boom. Then it became so popular investors took notice.

I also don't understand a lot of things. Like Gofundme.com has to be a criminal enterprise, right?

No doubt. Also a lot of rich ChiComms are supposedly buying them up as a means of moving their money to eventual safer spots.

According to another board, Wall Street traders are going to soon be able to get their hands on this stuff. Might already be able to.

Once that happens they will build up a big short position, crash it and then ride it back up.

1280px-Flag_of_the_United_Federation_of_Planets.svg.png

the-economics-of-star-trek-10-638.jpg

I have made a massive amount of money on bitcoin in the last two months when I first took a position. It's going crazy!

I did some research and listened to all the "experts" before I jumped in and what I noticed was that the people that actually understood the blockchain networks and how the work like John Mcafee founder of Mcafee antivirus software were extremely bullish on bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies and many had invested heavily into it. The other "experts" for instance big bank guys like Jamie Dimon who knew nothing about blockchain were predicted a bubble that would soon pop. In the end I listened to the smart guys that knew what they were talking about.

I have most of my investment in Bitcoin but some smaller stakes in Ethereum and Litecoin. I'm also looking into take some very small positions in some of the early stage coins like Iota.

I'm pretty well convinced that cryptocurrencies will become the internet of the world financial sector as there are so many advantages of them over convention currencies that are subject to central bank manipulation,hyperinflation etc.

According to another board, Wall Street traders are going to soon be able to get their hands on this stuff. Might already be able to.

Once that happens they will build up a big short position, crash it and then ride it back up.

That's true options trading on Bitcoin will soon be available on the Chicago Options Exchange, and there was a front page story on BitCoin in this weeks Barrons which I'm sure has a lot to do with the most recent spike.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
I have made a massive amount of money on bitcoin in the last two months when I first took a position. It's going crazy!

I did some research and listened to all the "experts" before I jumped in and what I noticed was that the people that actually understood the blockchain networks and how the work like John Mcafee founder of Mcafee antivirus software were extremely bullish on bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies and many had invested heavily into it. The other "experts" for instance big bank guys like Jamie Dimon who knew nothing about blockchain were predicted a bubble that would soon pop. In the end I listened to the smart guys that knew what they were talking about.

I have most of my investment in Bitcoin but some smaller stakes in Ethereum and Litecoin. I'm also looking into take some very small positions in some of the early stage coins like Iota.

I'm pretty well convinced that cryptocurrencies will become the internet of the world financial sector as there are so many advantages of them over convention currencies that are subject to central bank manipulation,hyperinflation etc.

And what's bitcoin subject to? Oh yea your shit can get got by anybody.

BitFinEx, a Bitcoin exchange created a crypto called Tether which is locked to a $1 to 1 tether exchange. They are letting people buy Bitcoins on margin with the Tether. This is a positive feedback loop as you can borrow Tether buy Bitcoin drive the price up sell then sell enough Bitcoin to pay the $ loan off. With futures trading on Bitcoin coming next week look for Wall Streeters to use Tether to drive up the price short the futures contract and then crash the market. The suckers are about to get knocked out.

Reactions: jameslee32

huh1.gif

BitFinEx, a Bitcoin exchange created a crypto called Tether which is locked to a $1 to 1 tether exchange. They are letting people buy Bitcoins on margin with the Tether. This is a positive feedback loop as you can borrow Tether buy Bitcoin drive the price up sell then sell enough Bitcoin to pay the $ loan off. With futures trading on Bitcoin coming next week look for Wall Streeters to use Tether to drive up the price short the futures contract and then crash the market. The suckers are about to get knocked out.

I thought I read in Barrons that the derivatives had to be dollar denominated, but I could be wrong.

At any rate, I'm sure there will be a lot of trader type games with BTC and the price may go up and down 20 to 30% in a day, but in the long term I believe the future for bitcoin and other crytpos if very bullish. Investors just have to take the long term view and not get caught up in the vicious cycles.

One hot rumor that is buzzing about bitcoin is that on Feb 2, when Amazon has it's investor conference all, it will announce that it will begin accepting bit coin. Not sure how much validity there is to this but I do know Amazon has been looking into bitcoin for a long time and as a company that likes to stay one step ahead of everyone else, it wouldn't shock me to be true. Obviously that would change the entire landscape and bitcoin could skyrocket even further and faster than before.

I thought I read in Barrons that the derivatives had to be dollar denominated, but I could be wrong.

At any rate, I'm sure there will be a lot of trader type games with BTC and the price may go up and down 20 to 30% in a day, but in the long term I believe the future for bitcoin and other crytpos if very bullish. Investors just have to take the long term view and not get caught up in the vicious cycles.
How do you value what a Bitcoin is worth? What’s its intrinsic value?

I would assume the exchange rate in effect when the trade is entered and again when it's exited.
Sure but that exchange rate is driven really high because people are treating it like an investment. A currency’s demand should be the amount needed to keep liquidity in markets it can use to purchase things in. Bitcoin is far exceeding that right now because people are buying it for profit.

Throwing out a theory. The DOJ/FBI confiscated an ish ton of Bitcoin when they busted up these pedo rings across the nation. They could be sitting on a fat stash right now which is raising the demand.

Total speculation.

@NamelessOne which services do you use to buy. I started a coinbase account 2 weeks ago with some petty cash just to mess around. Nothing close to your wallet. I have no clue what I am doing. I basically bought a $2 scratch off hoping the Mac never eats his d.

Reactions: NamelessOne
@NamelessOne which services do you use to buy. I started a coinbase account 2 weeks ago with some petty cash just to mess around. Nothing close to your wallet. I have no clue what I am doing. I basically bought a $2 scratch off hoping the Mac never eats his d.

https://www.kraken.com
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Home

I originally bought BTC, LTC and ETH on coinbase. Everything else was on the other sites.

Really you're best off just putting in on BTC or one of it's off shoots like Bitcoin Cash, or Bitcoin Gold. Or go ETH.

Alt coins fluctuate too much. ETH, Ripple, or Komodo are the only coins that could ever truly threaten to overtake BTC. Just my opinion.

Honestly: what's stopped me from on-prem (on-premise) mining here in Texas thus far is our GD heat. We enjoy relatively cheap electricity compared to other locales, but heat remains an X-factor. I know of old boys further north (KY, TN, NC) who mine later in the year between Nov-Mar and use the servers to heat their house. If BTC and ETH increases increases too much more in value, I'm gonna build a few servers, take a few weekends off, and ship the GD boxes back to my mom's unsold house in Middlesboro and mine through the winter.

Honestly: what's stopped me from on-prem (on-premise) mining here in Texas thus far is our GD heat. We enjoy relatively cheap electricity compared to other locales, but heat remains an X-factor. I know of old boys further north (KY, TN, NC) who mine later in the year between Nov-Mar and use the servers to heat their house. If BTC and ETH increases increases too much more in value, I'm gonna build a few servers, take a few weekends off, and ship the GD boxes back to my mom's unsold house in Middlesboro and mine through the winter.

Just my opinion (you know the best option for you) but mining is a waste. Companies mine coins now. And they have warehouse sized server farms that do this now. It's not like it used to be. You're best off buying and trading.

What not power your servers with solar panels? Free energy - double your profit

It's also fun to play around with the newer ones that are super cheap.

These are the current fastest climbers. Motocoin is currently 1.6 cents a coin. If you bought a 100 now and it exploded some day...you would be rich. But it's not likely.

Capture.jpg

Good luck!

Here are the top 20
aaMJmcx.jpg
All looks great at the moment. Best strategy at the moment with current valuations, is trading. Iceland mining and Chinese have this space fairly well locked up for obvious reasons. Beauty lies in tax write-offs if operating from a business perspective.

You're gonna lose unless ya hit the coin. Must hedge via external assistance (i.e. power, tax relief, shared pooling). No way to hit on chance alone in the current climate.

Reactions: NamelessOne
What not power your servers with solar panels? Free energy - double your profit
Excellent point, if KU energy agrees to such a tie-in in Middlesboro, KY, and if governance is feasible. Easy in ATX. Knowledge base already exists here in ATX. Looking at a radical departure here.

Dee, you, sir, think like me. I'll call 'em in the morning. Who knows? I love solar. I love wind.

ADVERTISEMENT