ADVERTISEMENT

Poll on WKYT

This. If Mitch is really playing it the way he seems to be then he is entirely tone deaf to the fanbase at large and needs to go. If we are really close to inking Drew then hopefully there is much, much more to the story than we are hearing. But I don't see how that's even vaguely possible when Donovan himself said he wasn't called.

This. If Mitch is really playing it the way he seems to be then he is entirely tone deaf to the fanbase at large and needs to go. If we are really close to inking Drew then hopefully there is much, much more to the story than we are hearing. But I don't see how that's even vaguely possible when Donovan himself said he wasn't called.
Mitch’s job isn’t to make sure every fan is happy

Reactions: TM2013
How in the blue hell could that poll be anything other than 100% Hurley?

I can understand the Drew/Donovan debate but cmon, Hurley is on another level completely.

Donovan at 44%?

WTF people!

We have a large portion of the fanbase who live helplessly in the past. (We have people who STILL pine for Pitino and he’s been gone almost 30 years.)

Donovan hasn’t coached a college game or recruited a college player in a decade (and in the era where coaches had 100 percent control). But, he was on staff here in the 90s and had a good run at UF two decades ago.

I wouldn’t hate hiring Donovan, but the belief that he’s the same guy he was in 2007 seems silly to me.

While I don’t think you make a hire based on the next year, hiring Donovan will put UK behind the 8 ball in terms of timing with the portal and bringing “his” recruiting class with him.

The folks here are die hards. They follow all this stuff. A lot of those voters are probably more casual and probably know nothing about Hurley than seeing him on the sidelines during the FF. I think his personality turns those types off. The die hards here will take it and not care. Just win baby.

While I don’t think you make a hire based on the next year, hiring Donovan will put UK behind the 8 ball in terms of timing with the portal and bringing “his” recruiting class with him.
And he hasn't coached on this level in forever...and he told us no before...and he can be kind of a flake.

No thanks.

Reactions: Stevo1951
How in the blue hell could that poll be anything other than 100% Hurley?

I can understand the Drew/Donovan debate but cmon, Hurley is on another level completely.
Because some people don't like Hurley.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT