ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest win in UK history?????

We finished 5th in the East the year we beat LSU. Not sure how that win is better than tonight as we have a legit chance to win the East.
It was s big win but I still say 2 in a row over Florida is bigger than a fluke win at home.
Which is totally fair, but I think we have to ask ourselves as a fan base if Stoops would be here had it not been for Brooks' major '07 win(s).

Maybe we stay with Joker another season because shoot, it's not like we have any greater baseline of success. Then boom, we miss out on CMS. Hindsight is 20/20 of course, and we might look back on this conversation in 15 years saying the same thing about tonight's game.

I'm not saying I'm right. Just tossing out my opinion and reminiscing about some good old days.

Reactions: sambowieshin
1951 . I listened to it on radio and my dad thought we had won the world .
we really should claim a national title for that year .
You have the best argument yet of all. Makes much more sense than a meaningless win over LSU or Penn State.
Tonight's win says we beat Florida twice in a row and we are legit contenders in the East.

Reactions: Emarc and The-Hack
We just got Georgia’s un F’in divided attention tonight!
Except they may very well have to deal with us with CRod in Kentucky and that after they have beat us unmercifully for about 15 yrs!
Its gonna be a good one!!
Exactly ... CRod will be a huge difference maker for this offense and will help immensely in opening up the passing game. Cannot wait for his return.

We did beat #1 and eventual national champions LSU
No offense but this is the weakest argument of all in the big picture. It's like Mississippi State claiming they are legit contenders for the NCAA basketball title because they caught UK on an off night.

We finished 5th in the East that year. We were an Appy State in the big picture. This game means more potentially.
Yes. IF, IF we take care of business, we could face Georgia in November with both undefeated and Top 4.

Yeah, trips to Knoxville and Oxford stand in the way, but we just beat the 12th ranked team
on the road, and actually played pretty sh!tty to do it.

I would rank it Top 5 or 6 in program history, especially if we win a few more to put us in the national conversation.

Lsu
Ok
UF
Those are the only 2 bigger at the moment for me.

UF was ranked #12, the game was in the Swamp and UK is ranked #20. Its only the 2nd time both teams have been ranked in the top 25 and playing each other, I think the only other time was 1977.

The win could “cat”apult UK into the top 10 nationally and with our favorable schedule combined with 8 home games to just 4 road games, we may be on our way to not only competing for the East in the SEC but the SEC overall and the National Title!

LFG!!

Last edited:
Reactions: The-Hack
We finished 5th in the East that year. We were an Appy State in the big picture. This game means more potentially.
You could very well be correct ... this game is "in the books" and I am thrilled to have beaten them in Gainesville by 10 "biggins" (shout out to John Short). You mention this game meaning more "potentially" and I agree, especially if Florida was a legitimate #12 team in the country. Considering they were unranked the week before and the win over a #7 ranked Utah team left the idiotic pundits scrambling to find a rank for Florida in the standings leaves me questioning the validity of all this "preseason" ranking (Utah). I will just enjoy each game as they come and let the season unfold to reveal the true ranking of the teams ... game by game and the pundits will attempt to convince the public, weekly, they're not all pin-headed babbling idiots. LOL.

Nice win but there has been much bigger than this win.
Name them. The year and team? Did it lead to an SEC crown or a big 6 bowl game? Playoff game? A bcs game? A SEC champion game win? How, who is bigger wins? We were down 9 on the road against our biggest rival. The win can lead to something big the first week in Dec. Or at least 10-2. A lost tonight we be viewed as 8-4 and music city bowl. A lower end bowl for SEC. Out of the top 25 and the team may have played the year with the head down. Now I bet they feel they can beat anyone in the country.

I'd argue it meant everything in the big picture. Brooks came to UK and showed that there was still life in this program as well as the ability to achieve greatness.

That LSU win and Louisville earlier in the '07 season ensured a new generation (mine) of Cats fans who knew we could compete with the best in the country.

Brooks was legend after that game. Stoops is building on that foundation. Just my 2¢, of course.
I agree! Brooks laid the foundation, it could have been built upon had he been given the resources needed to stay. Joker really put a stop to the momentum but Stoops brought it back.

1. Swamp 2018 was the end of the streak but it meant nothing in the big picture. It was like Appy State beating Texas AM. Looks great on SportsCenter but means nothing the next week. It was a big win but this one is more meaningful and sets us up to win the East with our schedule. Surprised more posters on here don't see the significance of this win honestly.
2, 3. Great wins but still didn't make a statement like today. Appy State won but the world thinks its a fluke.
Not a fluke when you beat Fla 2 in a row. It is no longer a freak accident.

Good God. Appy state? What an awful horribly bad take. 2018 we beat Florida, went toe to toe with Georgia for the SEC east, won the Citrus bowl, 10-3.

You never fail to disappoint.

You just compared us beating Florida in 2018 to 'appy state'.

Will you please just stop?

You can make it but that's about it. I'll never forget UK taking down a legitimate #1 LSU in Commonwealth Stadium. I don't think Florida was legitimate at #12. All these preseason polls are meaningless ... worthless.
LSU won the title that year. Pretty big win, Sam.

We finished 5th in the East the year we beat LSU. Not sure how that win is better than tonight as we have a legit chance to win the East.
It was big win but I still say 2 in a row over Florida is bigger than a fluke win at home.
Claiming that win as the biggest is the equivalent of Indiana claiming the win over #1 UK in Assembly Hall as the greatest of all time.

So is claiming that tonight's win was the biggest in school history, when you seem unaware we won the sugar bowl with bear Bryant and ended #1 Oklahoma 34 game win streak.

So is claiming that tonight's win was the biggest in school history, when you seem unaware we won the sugar bowl with bear Bryant and ended #1 Oklahoma 34 game win streak.
That was was a huge win 71 years ago and probably ranks as the biggest win in UK history.
Although this win tonight was huge for our national image, chances in the East and a shot at something even greater in this modern era.

We just got Georgia’s un F’in divided attention tonight!
Except they may very well have to deal with us with CRod in Kentucky and that after they have beat us unmercifully for about 15 yrs!
Its gonna be a good one!!

since 2009, Yeah I’m counting and pettt like that

Joe Cox was the QB

DT- Rickey what’s his name fell on a fumble to seal the game. He played for the Raiders a couple of yrs

You keep saying this and also said the 2018 win didn’t mean anything in the big picture.

2007 - we won that game, vaulted to #8 in the nation, and, at that moment in the season, we still could have lost to Mississippi State or Florida and won the SEC East had we won the rest of those games. It did matter at the time, we just didn’t win the games we needed to moving forward.

2018 - had we beat UGA later in the season, we are playing in the SEC championship game. That Florida game played a huge role in the big picture allowing us to have that chance.

If we don’t win the SEC East this year, you could say the sane thing about last nights game….it didn’t mean anything in the big picture. You have to look at the games at that specific moment. And tje 2007, 2018 and 2022 games mentioned all have the same impact on the season at that specific moment.

Reactions: davtay
It's the best when we've ever had in the swamp in my lifetime and that's since 1979.
We ain't never beat them going away like that. They were throwing a hail Mary just to try to make the game look closer at the end LOL.

A two possession win in the swamp? Best ever baby

1. Swamp 2018 was the end of the streak but it meant nothing in the big picture. It was like Appy State beating Texas AM. Looks great on SportsCenter but means nothing the next week. It was a big win but this one is more meaningful and sets us up to win the East with our schedule.
2, 3. Great wins but still didn't make a statement like today. Appy State won but the world thinks its a fluke.
Not a fluke when you beat Fla 2 in a row. It is no longer a freak accident.
Let’s see how it all pans out. I do t think Florida will be a good team by season end. Ar15 is just a mess and they’ll be easy to play going forward. Tennessee and Georgia will kill then I think lsu wins as well. We’ll see about usc. Florida may finish with five sec losses

Penn st and Louisville finished the year well ranked and beat dang good teams. And we knocked then off late in year

I think it’s a tremendous win…but it we lost to Tennessee and Georgia…will it be any different then 2018?

We finished 5th in the East the year we beat LSU. Not sure how that win is better than tonight as we have a legit chance to win the East. 5th.....Unless we finish there or less Im mot seeing the comparison. .

We have only won 1 sec game so far only the second game of the year.
Look in the past where we won tough games but lost to suck ass teams like UT back in 2018.

What if Florida goes on to just win say 4 games this season? And here is your post saying biggest win ever. You only look like an idiot.

I'd say the title win was much more important than this one and not even close

Reactions: Kats meow
We have only won 1 sec game so far only the second game of the year.
Look in the past where we won tough games but lost to suck ass teams like UT back in 2018.

What if Florida goes on to just win say 4 games this season? And here is your post saying biggest win ever. You only look like an idiot.

I'd say the title win was much more important than this one and not even close
Agreed. I should have clarified "potentially biggest win" based on how we finish in the East. My whiskey induced euphoria was at play!

An argument could be made.
I can’t really say. It was huge though because it keeps going the possibility of being 9/6-1 when Georgia comes to Lex. All they to do is win the rest, and win at Ole Miss or UT. Formidable task for sure, but still possible. I’d venture a guess we’ll have a better chance in Oxford than Knoxville.

I’m convinced people that bring this up when it’s clearly nowhere near the best are just Louisville trolls masquerading behind a UK profile

Florida is going to end up with a losing record. If we play clean football, we win by 18-21. So no, won’t even be best win of this year.

Beating UL and the Heisman winner at Louisville in 2016. That was the breakthrough game. Our program has never looked back since.

I’m convinced people that bring this up when it’s clearly nowhere near the best are just Louisville trolls masquerading behind a UK profile
Not a troll. Just think 2 wins over Florida in a row, a potential Heisman QB, and a real chance at the winning the East is pretty big for the program.
I should have clarified "potentially biggest win".
We also did it with our best RB on the sidelines.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT