ADVERTISEMENT

Big Z

Hope not. Kentucky fans loved Z.
I love adou too. My favorite player but I don't expect a single Cal player to be on this team. The ones that don't go pro will follow Cal... adou probably goes to Pitt though... Ugo another school, the rest follow Cal.

Pope’s offense is perfect for him. If he would stay that would be huge for us. He would be a lot better off here than following Calipari and sitting on the bench or being forced to stay in the paint when he does get playing time.
Yeah, it really would be. I don't know what he's thinking right but I hope he's watching highlights of Pope's offense and sees that their big men shoot threes all the time. 😀

I agree and would love for Big Z to return. I think we should all prepare ourselves for the most Kiely result here which is all the recruits and existing players follow Cal. I do think it’s likely that Perry still comes, maybe we can get a few of the guys Cal refused to play to stick around as well like Hart & Burk’s.

He and Reed are tight. Interesting neither has made any announcement. 🤞
He and Bradshaw were tight too, but they were also competing for PT. Hopefully he sees that his game translates more to Popes offense than the one he just played in. Cal will have him playing with his back to the basket if he gets his way. I think Z took some of the shots he did to spite Cal more than anything.

Yeah, it really would be. I don't know what he's thinking right but I hope he's watching highlights of Pope's offense and sees that their big men shoot threes all the time. 😀
You know if he leaves to go to Arkansas that Cal won’t let him play on the perimeter like Pope would. Z is really good at passing the ball to so he is the perfect big man for that system.

I expect him to go back to Croatia as of now. Misses family, can’t make NIL, etc.

Don’t think any of the bigs were coming back to play for Cal(and thus going to Arkansas for him). He indirectly threw them under the bus hard after the season with all the physicality talk.

Pope’s offense is perfect for him. If he would stay that would be huge for us. He would be a lot better off here than following Calipari and sitting on the bench or being forced to stay in the paint when he does get playing time.
THE POPE needs to sit Z down with video and show him if he stays he'll make him a lottery pick

I get his loyalty for Cal helping him get here but then was hardly played. I'd imagine Z would be more loyal to the fan base for the support. Getting him or even Bradshaw back would be huge. Preferably Z.

If I were Pope, my first move would be to reach out to Z and show him my offense and how he could be a focal point in it, and we would encourage him to shoot the 3 and showcase his passing ability.

I know he's probably loyal to Cal and will either turn pro or follow his old coach, but I would love to see him in Pope's offense.

He seems like he could be a star in Pope’s offense. I’d be surprised if we keep him though. I could see him entering the draft or going back home and playing pro basketball there if the NBA doesn’t work out. Maybe even following Cal to Arkansas. Staying at Kentucky to play with an all new coaching staff feels like a longshot even with the perceived fit, unfortunately.

I'm sure they were waiting for your goofy expertise. :)
stripes lighten GIF

Reactions: catzcan
If I were Pope, my first move would be to reach out to Z and show him my offense and how he could be a focal point in it, and we would encourage him to shoot the 3 and showcase his passing ability.

I know he's probably loyal to Cal and will either turn pro or follow his old coach, but I would love to see him in Pope's offense.
This right here. You've nailed him perfectly. Z is a GREAT passer, with GREAT court vision, and can pull the bigs away from the basket because of his ability to knock down the trey. Pope would be all over that.

I really think Pope can sell Z on the new offense and the potential for a big successful season for Z in 2025. I think Z has to at least listen to what Pope says, before making a final decision.

1). I think Z stays at UK (familiarity), depending if a few teammates stick with UK,
2). He goes a (G-League) pro route,
3). He goes East back towards home to play in Europe.
4). I do not see him going any further West, where he has to go through another learning curve, especially socially.

I expect him to go back to Croatia as of now. Misses family, can’t make NIL, etc.

Don’t think any of the bigs were coming back to play for Cal(and thus going to Arkansas for him). He indirectly threw them under the bus hard after the season with all the physicality talk.
Oscar found a workaround for the NIL thing and managed to make some coin. I think Z could find a similar path.

I'll get the warm fuzzies if my guy comes back . Me and rideordie and Mike Mc pushed hard for the big guy all year , and dumb dumb Benny wouldnt play him . By the end of the season the kid wouldnt even look at a 3 .
We all loved him. But he wasn’t ready. He wasn’t even in shape to play and his strength and lateral movement was a liability. Give me year two all the way. But I doubt he stays. Probably depends on how much he likes being in Lexington

Arkansas Rivals guy seems to have heard that Big Z is going to follow Cal which wouldn't be surprising at all
GK2-E602-WYAA1-B8-K.jpg

Reactions: catman111
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT