ADVERTISEMENT

Big Z is here?

Pilgrim thinks this is personal with Cal.

IDGAF what Cal has done or not done, if that is the case, Capiluto should be the guy walking out the door. You don't screw a kid over to get back at Cal. Not to mention the guy has been a great ambassador for UK.

If the admins are doing this to spite Cal, what they are really doing is giving BBN the middle finger.

This is a joke.
I hope that's not true. I am far from a Cal fan, but there would be no way I would pull a stunt like this just to send a message to Cal.

Last edited:
I do care about #2, I’m just not gonna meltdown when it’s likely he will be eligible. If the time comes that he’s not eligible and the reasons are not justified I’ll take issue then.
100% agree. That’s all that comes out of your mouth, so yeah, I'm sure you do care about #2.

Last edited:
Just who are the parties that are spreading unfounded rumors? Matt, KSR, or UK? Lots or finger pointing here and no one seems to telling the truth?

Reactions: Fox2monk
I asked you who trashed the program, you replied with some shit about Cal.

So I'll ask again, who trashed the program?

Also, you're twisting words again. Nobody said we would have only 7 players at the start of the season, but in June, after most of the best portal players committed elsewhere, we only had 7 players and the options were very limited.

But, obviously you don't understand the difference between having good players and getting random dudes just to fill in the roster. If Reeves transfered and Mitchell never came to UK, Cal would have brought some other guys in, but if you think those players were going to be as high quality as AR and Mitchell, well, you haven't learned a damn thing.
If this if that, if you didn’t meltdown and cry about having 7 players for months you wouldn’t be looking goofy now.

Same look you’ll have when Big Z is eligible. Keep crying tho.

Reactions: Seakat311
We only have one 2024 recruit as of this moment, are you gonna meltdown about that too? LOL at the joke you crybabies are. I’d hate to see how y’all handle real problems in life.
Ironic. The first instance of pressure you face, you would say people are dying CALs information about you and nag them to death about how their ruining your image, when it’s entirely your fault

That's a totally different subject than what we were talking about and how do you know the person that sent that tweet is being honest?

You have attacked people simply because they were talking about what well respected media members have posted, like we made some shit up, but then you just did the same thing, however, you don't even know who typed that tweet out, at least we know who Pilgrim, Jones and Tucker are.

If this if that, if you didn’t meltdown and cry about having 7 players for months you wouldn’t be looking goofy now.

Same look you’ll have when Big Z is eligible. Keep crying tho.
Uhh, I really didn't say much at all about the 7 players issue, I'm just responding to your complaints about others talking about it.

At least get your facts straight.

BTW, this is a freaking message board, yet you're pissed off because people are conversing about current events. You are the problem.

That's a totally different subject than what we were talking about and how do you know the person that sent that tweet is being honest?

You have attacked people simply because they were talking about what well respected media members have posted, like we made some shit up, but then you just did the same thing, however, you don't even know who typed that tweet out, at least we know who Pilgrim, Jones and Tucker are.
They would actually know and don’t have a history selling his mindless sheep BS like Matt Jones. Funny how UK administration with direct knowledge is questioned but not the frauds in the media who have been habitually wrong all summer.

FYI, when Big Z is ruled eligible I will be laughing at you and all the tears you cried .

Unbelievable....from JP...

"Not great, honestly. They're hoping the pushback helps the school understand how ridiculous this all is.

There are kids on campus who communicate exclusively via translator. Foreign students everywhere who have had accommodations made for their visa or credentials. Endless number of resources available at the school to promote diversity and inclusion.

Yet... they're going to shut out a kid who took two separate tests to prove his English proficiency and passed every section with high scores with the exception of one? And that was because he didn't have the proper accommodations made to take the second test in the first place -- he's dyslexic, from what I understand.

So the University of Kentucky is going to put its foot down on this one because a kid with a learning disability couldn't pass a reading section of an English proficiency exam on short notice? Great work, UK admissions! That'll show 'em!"
You can’t make this up, meanwhile I’m sure they take a couple hundred kids who are barely literate because of diversity and inclusion.

The Jimmy clown is also hilarious. Hey buddy you really are cool because you act like you don’t care and don’t get upset. Your worse you pretend to not care then gatekeep people who want to talk about Kentucky basketball on a kentukcy message board. Call the FBI we are all felons on here for talking about Kentucky on a Kentucky forum. Hey Jimmy I speak for everybody, when I say “ stop being a nagging SOB and if you don’t like Kentucky news on a Kentucky forum don’t come on here

Reactions: KFuqua and Fox2monk
It's embarrassing, it's not a good look for the future of athletics, and quite honestly.. and something the anti-Cal crowd won't want to hear.. but this gives Cal an out of things go bad.

You don't like a guy for whatever the reason may be, so you try and get back at him by basically removing a huge potential roster piece, at a position we really need? If Cal loses this year, he's going to have an excuse.. and honestly, he wouldn't be wrong. Name another coach whose own school just attempted to knee cap them? If we can't beat Duke or Kansas, I'm not going to look to Cal on this one (unless he really does something glaring wrong).. I'm going to ask "how can we be expected to be a top5 basketball program when we cant even get on the same page as the admissions department?" Until something like that gets fixed, you're playing the game with one hand tied behind your back.

We probably do need to move on from Cal in the near future, but this isn't the way to do it. And if Kentucky loses in the tournament early, in part because we don't have a big man because of this, then it's going to be hard to put that on Cal, or anyone BUT the University for causing this.
Cal still gets the blame, not in his mind, because in his mind, nothing is his fault, but he waited wayyy too long to start getting serious about filling the roster.

Cal waited for Oscar and Chris to confirm they were leaving (psssst, hey Cal, we knew they were gone in April). In the meantime, he missed out on a bunch of talented portal guys. Now he's scrambling. He shouldn't be in this position, but he did it to himself.

I’ve worked in higher ed for almost a decade, it’s filled with petty people who will hold onto grudges forever. You also have some folks who will always hate college athletics. It’s a perfect storm for this current mess.
I’ve seen some of the people who fill higher ed on TikTok and they shouldn’t be anywhere near a school.

Cal still gets the blame, not in his mind, because in his mind, nothing is his fault, but he waited wayyy too long to start getting serious about filling the roster.

Cal waited for Oscar and Chris to confirm they were leaving (psssst, hey Cal, we knew they were gone in April). In the meantime, he missed out on a bunch of talented portal guys. Now he's scrambling. He shouldn't be in this position, but he did it to himself.
The waiting late is for sure CALs part, but this ivisic stuff I’m not gonna put blame on him, the admissions department is screwing him over

Reactions: jauk11
They would actually know and don’t have a history selling his mindless sheep BS like Matt Jones. Funny how UK administration with direct knowledge is questioned but not the frauds in the media who have been habitually wrong all summer.

FYI, when Big Z is ruled eligible I will be laughing at you and all the tears you cried .
Everything inside the ropes at UK is a huge secret, so it should not be a surprise that some news ends up being fake, but we do have insiders and all MJ is doing is repeating what those insiders are saying. So if you're saying Matt is spreading false info, then you're also saying Tucker and Pilgrim reporting false info. Is that what you really want to say?

The waiting late is for sure CALs part, but this ivisic stuff I’m not gonna put blame on him, the admissions department is screwing him over
No doubt, this is the administration screwing with Cal, but Cal put himself in this position because he allowed 2 players to string him along, even though they both told him multiple times they were leaving.

Cal sat on his hands and now it's the 11th hour. This is partly on him too.

No doubt, this is the administration screwing with Cal, but Cal put himself in this position because he allowed 2 players to string him along, even though they both told him multiple times they were leaving.

Cal sat on his hands and now it's the 11th hour. This is partly on him too.
The staff should had contingency plans in place(they may have), a really good international kid committed to Xavier around the same time ivisic committed to kentukcy and Xavier got his situation sorted., why is Kentucky having issues for

Pilgrim thinks this is personal with Cal.

IDGAF what Cal has done or not done, if that is the case, Capiluto should be the guy walking out the door. You don't screw a kid over to get back at Cal. Not to mention the guy has been a great ambassador for UK.

If the admins are doing this to spite Cal, what they are really doing is giving BBN the middle finger.

This is a joke.
Would not doubt it
If so again only the fans are hurt but he should learn some respect to all

Reactions: HagginHall1999
The staff should had contingency plans in place(they may have), a really good international kid committed to Xavier around the same time ivisic committed to kentukcy and Xavier got his situation sorted., why is Kentucky having issues for
Maybe their staff is more interested in their program

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23

Yes he did, but will continue to disrespect fans and thumb his nose to his superiors

Last edited:
Reactions: kyjeff1
Maybe their staff is more interested in their program
Then their employment needs to be in question.

Not liking Cal isn't an excuse to do a job half-assed. I'm not even sure this even HAS anything to do with Cal. Sounds like we have some c-level workers in admissions.

Unless there's some info we don't have, Kentucky lagging behind Xavier in getting this done is not a problem with Cal or anyone at the basketball program.

Reactions: jauk11
Then their employment needs to be in question.

Not liking Cal isn't an excuse to do a job half-assed. I'm not even sure this even HAS anything to do with Cal. Sounds like we have some c-level workers in admissions.

Unless there's some info we don't have, Kentucky lagging behind Xavier in getting this done is not a problem with Cal or anyone at the basketball program.
Yeah.This one isn't on Cal.

It's that jload person. I wouldn't waste time talking to him.
J-Load takes far better notes than this dude does. This guy brings nothing to the table, J-Load, as bad as he was, still posted solid facts.

I am not sure "this is personal with Cal" is in the right context. (Maybe Pilgrim has a later tweet??) ... but when he said that a day or so ago, it was in the context of Cal has made it his personal mission to get him enrolled at UK, including talking to Capiluto about it. That is a positive thing.. not some revenge against Cal for something he might have done.

What I posted is straight from Pilgrim behind a pay wall, today.

More from JP:

"Think more of the pressure on getting this done comes as a result of Ivisic growing impatient and wanting to make a move one way or another. Don't think we're looking at a midnight deadline on this thing. Eli Capilouto has the ability to get him in whenever (within reason), but the concern is Ivisic deciding it's not worth the hassle and going elsewhere.

It's just been one unnecessary hurdle after the other. Other schools making it clear they'll get him in without headache. Kid just wants to get somewhere and play basketball.

Some positive movement this afternoon, but still very much up in the air."

"If there are individuals "working together efficiently and in a manner that is consistent with the institution’s admissions standards," the basketball department is fascinated to know who they are."

In other news I saw Antigua at Reds game tonight with a slew of UK folks including JP Blevins.

No, Ivisic wasn't with him but damn that would have been awesome.

Kids lasted 5 innings, got home and it is tied. Missed all 3 HR's and spent $100....lol.

Tickets were free courtesy of Brian Goldberg and Dr. Tim Kremchek.

Good stuff.

If Elly walks off now I may vomit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT