ADVERTISEMENT

Big Z ineligible?

Jan 11, 2023
Matt Jones insinuated as much at the very end of his show. His exact words were “I’m hearing the Croatian sensation may not be Croatian-ing next year”. Whatever that means smh

Didn’t elaborate much, but sounded like something with a problem with grades being transferred to the states etc.

• Haha
Reactions: jameslee32
Haven't listened yet. The show ended 30 minutes ago, and I haven't seen any threads on it. Maybe you misheard.

Haven't listened yet. The show ended 30 minutes ago, and I haven't seen any threads on it. Maybe you misheard.
I hope so. I did catch it in the middle of the conversation, but not sure who else he’d be talking about though.

Anybody else confirm that’s what was said?

Reactions: Fox2monk
I just listened. That’s what was said. Matt said he was worried about it and that it was more hopeful than certain that he will be eligible

I know it’s probably me just being paranoid, but it does seem like other schools have no problem getting their international players eligible, while we seem to always have trouble with it.

And considering we rarely bring in international players (Canada doesn’t count), and programs like Gonzaga and Arizona seem to bring in multiple guys every year, it seems suspicious.

I know it’s probably me just being paranoid, but it does seem like other schools have no problem getting their international players eligible, while we seem to always have trouble with it.

And considering we rarely bring in international players (Canada doesn’t count), and programs like Gonzaga and Arizona seem to bring in multiple guys every year, it seems suspicious.
This X 1000, maybe it works out but everyone else brings in multiple international players without problems. We can't seem to do that. Did anyone not expect an issue to arise in this case?

Don't believe Kanter's eligibility had anything to do with grades being cleared so different situation. Sure hooe this isn't true at all as that would really alter expectations for the team. But, it would be typical for UK, sadly.
True. Good call. I would think they would have made sure everything was good before announcing and signing him. I’m not going to worry about it.

Reactions: TysonD44 and ORCAT
Grades? We are talking about college athletics. The idea of poor grades limiting an athletes' eligibility went out the window about 40 years. See "Georgetown University & John Thompson" or "Notre Dame & Lou Holtz" or.....
It’s not poor grades it’s credits transferring I believe.

You all are looking at this wrong. This is Sharpe #2, coming to make NIL money, use our facilities and prepare for the draft. He was only coming to practice with our guys.

This will be SKal 2.0. Ivisic will be good to go well before the season begins

Matt Jones and other digital "journalists" covering college basketball have absolutely nothing to talk about for nearly two months. They kept the chatter going about Skal into LATE OCTOBER, keeping people hooked on reports that ended up being of zero substance. Corky Goodman did a post denying he was cleared on OCTOBER 26. There was never any real issue he would be cleared..

Last edited:
This will be SKal 2.0 Matt Jones and other digital "journalists" covering college basketball have absolutely nothing to talk about for nearly two months. They kept the chatter going about Skal probably into October, keeping people hooked on reports that ended up being of zero substance. He was cleared and there was never any real issue he would be cleared..
Problem was he was cleared but he sucked. Hope Z is cleared and helps more then Skal

You all are looking at this wrong. This is Sharpe #2, coming to make NIL money, use our facilities and prepare for the draft. He was only coming to practice with our guys.
Completely different situations. If he wanted to be the NBA that damn bad, he would have stayed in the draft and got drafted second round. Nobody is taking this kid first round if he doesn’t play.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest

I feel the same way. Of course, I admit it's a feeling and I have no facts to compare situations.

Meanwhile, at the UNC AFAM dept...

7795906848_210b99bcb8_b.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT