ADVERTISEMENT

Big news

pretty sure i saw UK in there with all of those other schools. if Duke, KU, and UNC are dirty, then i’m sure UK is as well. if they had to pay players to play for them why would they go to UK for free?

I have a question for you. Are you so ashamed of being a Kansas fan that you use "bluegrass" for your username?

Interesting how much time grown men have to troll rival message boards...and I cant wait until the Jayhawks are toasted by this investigation.

He doesn’t have to speak to anyone but makes me believe the allegations are 100% true. If he didn’t take money I would think he would be eager to speak up and deny the allegations. Anyway, was just interested in what others thought about it.

One thing to keep in mind, this may not end with Bam. Not out of the question that more of our former players are involved. That applies to Duke, UNC and Kansas as well. This was just one expense sheet, surely there are more.

You need to read through these threads if you want a detailed explanation but it comes down to Cal's recruiting taking a hit these past few years. Why did he lose out on or stop recruiting multiple players? We are starting to see why.

UK was mentioned with three players: Knox (minor-one meal), Noel (after graduation), and Bam (while UK wasn't really a player, money given to an influencer and not Bam).

If you are a UK fan, you would look into this deeper. If you're a troll you assume the worst and post something to that effect.

That explains it.

You don't have much of a mind for detail. There is no evidence UK is implicated. UK has issued a statement saying no current players or coaches are implicated. Public statements like that aren't issued unless UK's general counsel is sure. It doesn't matter if Nerlens or Bam took a loan from an agent. They are professional players. Pitino is now unemployed, and Sean Miller is incriminated on an FBI wire tap, because they conspired to pay amateur players to sign scholarship papers. There is no evidence that UK is implicated. Circumstantial evidence actually appears otherwise.

You keep repeating that to yourself Sunflower......

Bluegrasstrash is a KU troll.

0% chance Bamba is drafted before Bagley, Porter, or Jarren Jackson. And more likely than not he isn't going ahead of Wendell Carter or Trae Young. Bamba is going to go 8-10
Bagley to small to go before bamba, bodywise

so what are your facts on KU or Duke? kentucky has knox and Bam listed and someone on this board was saying something about Noel. for all we know every coach is dirty. you all think because a highly ranked recruit chooses any other school than UK then something must be going on. I’m a KU fan and if Bill Self is on the wiretap arranging payments then he needs to go just like any other coach doing the same thing.
My facts? I don't claim any facts all I know is what I read on a message board. But you come over here and throw out junk as if you are an FBI investigator on the case. I will make a deal with you. You go back to the Kansas board and I will stay on Cats Illustrated. Deal?

OP literally told us nothing new here at all. We have all been told more leaks are to come. That’s common knowledge. So saying this week big news is coming is common sense. OP has no source and knows nothing and that’s obvious by his vague posts. He is posting public knowledge and nothing more. Nothing to see here.

OP literally told us nothing new here at all. We have all been told more leaks are to come. That’s common knowledge. So saying this week big news is coming is common sense. OP has no source and knows nothing and that’s obvious by his vague posts. He is posting public knowledge and nothing more. Nothing to see here.

Would not be surprised if he were a UK hater trying to get UK fans to discuss who's going down next while behind the mask he's hoping it's Cal. Could be a Puke fan as much as he's pumping Bagley.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Bagley is an absolute prototypical 4 in today's NBA. No team is looking at him at the 5. You realize he's shooting 36% from 3 and has true FG% of 63. That is absolutely outrageous. He also averages more rebounds than Bamba. He is one the most gifted offensive prospects that I've ever seen at this age and that size. He also has a motor that never stops. That's why there's even conversation about Ayton not going #1. Maybe Ayton turns into a monster and maybe he never commits to the game and has a 10 year career where he never makes an all star game and gets fat. None of us will know until draft night and really we'll never know until 5 years or so from now who was really right about this but as much as it pains me to say it, give me the Dukie all day every day in this scenario.

Or maybe Bagley never commits to the game and has a 10 year career where he never makes all star games and gets fat..??
I don’t think either will happen but you could say that for literally any player

I've been puzzling over where this investigation came from. Who would have tipped off the FBI and/or the US Attorney to start looking into all of this?

OP's source is connected to St.John's. St. John's, of course, is in New York where the US Attorney made the indictments.

Mo Bamba is from New York City.

Pete Thamel was a longtime New York Times reporter before he left to work for Sports Illustrated and then Yahoo.

Things that make you go hmmmmm...

Straight up man. I read the OP and was like and???
The sky is blue, water is wet and college bball is corrupt.
It never ceases to amaze me the types that get their jollies off of spreading pointless information like this on the web. It's just like why?

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Straight up man. I read the OP and was like and???
The sky is blue, water is wet and college bball is corrupt.
It never ceases to amaze me the types that get their jollies off of spreading pointless information like this on the web. It's just like why?

Don't know the OP but he did name Texas, MSU and UNLV. Its not like he stating more schools to come...that would be pretty generic. Sit back and lets see.

Anyone who drafts Bamba over Bagley will spend the rest of their career on suicide watch.
Bagley body not NBA ready yet, bamba is. I like bamba long term too. Bagley needs to add 20-30 lbs of muscle. He's more skal type body. Both are very skilled though

I have a question for you. Are you so ashamed of being a Kansas fan that you use "bluegrass" for your username?

Interesting how much time grown men have to troll rival message boards...and I cant wait until the Jayhawks are toasted by this investigation.

Even sooner we’ll get to enjoy their annual March choke job- a rite of spring.

If I was a Kansas fan, I’d never leave my house. Must be embarrassing.

Reactions: Blueaz and brianpoe
bill-self-choking-procedures-18031-1301509817-58.jpg

So it has gotten to the point of being a scheduled soap opera? Does no one else see something very odd if this continues to play out this way?

i reallly don't think it is a odd at all. In fact, this is the way it SHOULD go down for two reporters who are trying to get hits. If they put it all out at once, it would blow over. They seem to be putting out teasers and then releasing the information. Then, they put out more teasers and release more info. The only real question is: When will they basically be done? I expect by the time of the FF, they will be done completely.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT